Nowadays, fatty liver disease is becoming more and more popular due to its causes largely due to modern lifestyles. About 10-20% of the US population has fatty liver disease and most cases of fatty liver disease are between the ages of 40 and 60. You need to identify the cause and treat it appropriately before have any real injury in the liver. You also have to control the risk factors to make the situation worse. Here are top 7 foods to reverse fatty liver
- 1. What is fatty liver disease?
- 2. Causes of fatty liver
- 3. What fatty liver should abstain?
- 4. Top 7 foods to reverse fatty liver
- 4.1 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Coffee
- 4.2 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Green tea
- 4.3 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Grapefruit
- 4.4 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Grapes
- 4.5 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Beetroot juice
- 4.6 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Fatty fish
- 4.7 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Olive oil
- Share this post:
1. What is fatty liver disease?
✅ Fatty liver disease is actually a manifestation of excessive fat accumulation in the liver. Call fatty liver disease or hepatic steatosis when the fat accumulation in the liver exceeds 5% of the weight of the liver. Fat accumulation means the accumulation of toxins that dissolve in it and cause liver damage, so the fatty liver disease can lead to cirrhosis, which can lead to liver cancer.
2. Causes of fatty liver
- Obesity: People who are obese have a very high risk of fatty liver disease, even up to 90%. Due to a large amount of body fat, they not only accumulate under the skin but also appear in internal organs, especially the liver.
- Inappropriate diet: Regular consumption of oily foods will cause the liver to overwork. Because this is a food group rich in energy but difficult to metabolize. At the same time, high-sugar foods also make it difficult for the liver to convert all of its energy and easily accumulate in the liver as fat.
- Heavy use of alcohol: People who regularly use alcohol are subjects who are prone to fatty liver. Because these stimulants not only impair the activity of the liver but also harm the liver. At this time, the liver has to work harder to filter out toxic substances, gradually causing impairment of function, affecting the fat breakdown process, causing fat to build up in the liver.
- Hyperlipidemia: The blood always contains a certain amount of fat to stabilize the cell membrane and absorb nutrients. If the diet is not appropriate, blood fat will rise and cause accumulation in the liver.
- Diabetes: Causes disorders of fat metabolism, causing fat to accumulate in the liver more. Typically, people with type II diabetes are more likely to develop fatty liver.
3. What fatty liver should abstain?
3.1 Foods high in cholesterol
- Animal fat, when tolerated by the body, passes through the liver, excreted in the liver. If you use too much animal fat will burden the liver. The liver is unable to excrete fat, leading to buildup, causing fatty liver. Therefore, you should replace animal fats with oils derived from plants.
- Animal organs, egg yolks … contain high cholesterol. Reducing the consumption of these foods will help the liver reduce the burden of eliminating harmful fats.
3.2 Red meat
✅ Red meat contains a lot of protein and is metabolized in the liver. This will increase the burden on the liver, increasing the amount of excess fat. This makes fatty liver disease more serious.
3.3 Fruit contains high fructose content
✅ High sugar content is the cause of many diseases such as obesity, diabetes, fatty liver. Limiting high fructose fruits like mango, pineapple, etc. will help reduce the burden on the liver and prevent fatty liver disease effectively.
3.4 Spicy,hot foods
✅ Hot spicy foods will impair liver function, making it impossible for the liver to excrete fat. When they impact in the long term, the fatty liver will get worse. Therefore, eliminate spicy hot dishes on the daily menu.
3.5 Wine, beer, alcoholic beverages
✅ This is a taboo food group for people with fatty liver. Alcohol, beer, and other stimulants will promote the transition from fatty liver to cirrhosis, even liver cancer. The elimination of fat and toxic substances from alcohol, beer creates a huge burden for the liver. Patients should especially abstain from alcohol to treat the disease quickly.
4. Top 7 foods to reverse fatty liver
Diet is very important for people with fatty liver. Besides limiting the harmful foods, you should use the following foods, they are very beneficial to help you improve your condition:
4.1 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Coffee
✅ Coffee: Coffee is one of the best drinks to make your liver healthier. Many studies show that drinking coffee helps protect the liver from disease. Scientists believe that the benefits of coffee are because it prevents fat and collagen accumulation in the liver. Some studies show that drinking coffee has the following benefits:
- Reduce the risk of cirrhosis, or permanent liver damage, in people with chronic liver disease.
- Reduces the risk of developing liver cancer and has a positive effect on liver disease and hepatitis.
- Reducing inflammatory process in the liver.
- Increases the content of glutathione (antioxidants) in the body. This antioxidant will neutralize free radicals – substances that are produced in the body, causing damage to cells.
People with fatty liver when using coffee should note the following:
- Should drink sugarless coffee, absolutely should not use milk coffee because milk contains a lot of sugar and fat is not good for fatty liver.
- Do not drink too much coffee in a day will not be good for your health. Experts recommend drinking up to 2 glasses a day.
- Do not drink coffee in the evening because the caffeine in the coffee will make you awake and can not sleep well. Meanwhile, patients with fatty liver should be properly rested, not staying up late otherwise it will make the liver weaker.
4.2 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Green tea
✅ Green tea: Tea is a very good drink for the body. Tea may have special benefits for the liver. A large study in Japan showed that drinking 5 – 10 cups of green tea daily helps improve blood tests of the liver.
In another small study was conducted in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), the author stated: drinking green tea for 12 weeks improved liver enzyme levels. Moreover, tea also reduces oxidants, reducing fat accumulation in the liver. In addition, green tea drinkers have lower rates of liver cancer. The lowest rates are found in people who drink 4 or more drinks a day.
4.3 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Grapefruit
✅ Grapefruit: Grapefruit contains many antioxidants, which are substances that protect the liver naturally. The two main antioxidants found in grapefruit are naringenin and naringin. Grapefruit helps protect the liver by reducing inflammation, protecting liver cells. Several studies show that the antioxidants in grapefruit reduce the development of liver fibrosis. This is an accumulation of too much fiber in the liver, often as a result of chronic hepatitis.
4.4 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Grapes
✅ Grapes: Red grapes and purple grapes contain many healthful ingredients, especially: resveratrol. It helps reduce inflammatory reactions, prevent destruction, increase antioxidants. A human study with NAFLD found that supplementing with grape seed extract for 3 months improved liver function.
4.5 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Beetroot juice
✅ Beetroot juice: Beetroot juice is a rich source of nitrates and antioxidants. These are good for the heart, reduce oxidation, reduce inflammation and increase natural enzymes in the liver
4.6 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Fatty fish
✅ Fatty fish: Salmon, mackerel … are types of fish that contain a good source of nutrition. These include omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin D … These active ingredients help: Prevent fat accumulation, anti-inflammatory, and maintain normal enzyme levels in the liver.
4.7 Foods to reverse fatty liver: Olive oil
✅ Olive oil: Olive oil is considered a healthy fat because of its benefits. It is very good for the cardiovascular system and metabolism in the body. In addition, olive oil also brings positive effects to the liver. Olive oil contains more omega-3 fatty acids and is better than margarine or margarine. Studies show that olive oil helps lower liver enzyme levels and control weight, thus preventing fatty liver disease.
4. Recommended for you :
✅ In the Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution, Julissa takes a practical and simple approach to restore good liver health. She described ‘3 pillars of liver health’. These are the basic principles to restore your liver to a completely healthy state. Her 3 pillars described exactly what is needed for a healthy liver and then she gave me a step-by-step plan to follow so you can really do it. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution | Review – CLICK HERE ➡