Artichoke is a food used by many people because they are not only easy to process but also good for health. Artichoke extract benefits include: liver detoxification herb, prevent cardiovascular diseases as well as provide a rich source of vitamins for the body. Currently, this herb is used by many pharmaceutical companies with many different dosage forms to create products that help enhance liver function effectively.
- 1. The active ingredient in Artichokes
- 2. 6 Artichoke extract benefits
- 2.1 Artichoke extract benefits: Helps detoxify the liver
- 2.2 Artichoke extract benefits: Effect on cholesterol levels.
- 2.3 Artichoke extract benefits: Help regulate blood pressure
- 2.4 Artichoke extract benefits: Improve digestive health
- 2.5 Artichoke extract benefits: Help lower blood sugar
- 2.6 Artichoke extract benefits: Anti-cancer
- 3. Notes when using Artichoke
1. The active ingredient in Artichokes
✅ Artichoke is native to Southern Europe and has been known as a valuable herb since ancient times. Currently, studies show more of the effects of artichoke on health, in artichokes contain many important active ingredients, notably antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and essential micronutrients.
- Quercetin – belonging to the Flavonoid group has anti-cancer and antioxidant effects, protecting the body from cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- Rutin – also in the Flavonoid group, in addition to anti-cancer and cardiovascular disease prevention, Rutin also has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effects.
- Anthocyanin is a natural organic compound in flowers and artichoke leaves, belonging to the flavonoid group, which is red, burgundy, purple, and dark green, has the effect of preventing cancer, supporting the urinary system, memory, and anti-aging.
- Gallic acid is an organic acid found in flowers, stems, and artichoke roots. They are very safe to use as anti-inflammatory drugs; antiallergic and support the treatment and prevention of cancer especially its ability to destroy prostate cancer cells. Besides, gallic acid also works to protect the liver from the harmful effects of free radicals in the body, smooth skin tone, smooth skin and treat hyperpigmentation problems thanks to the ability to inhibit the Synthetic melanin. Gallic acid also benefits diabetics by activating pancreatic beta cells that secrete insulin.
- Cynarin, Cyanidin, and Luteolin work to prevent myocardial infarction, help lower blood fat, protect – develop and regenerate liver cells.
- Caffeic and Chlorogenic acids work to clean free radicals and fight to age, lower blood pressure, support bone health, promote digestion, and may reduce the risk of rectal cancer.
- Silymarin belongs to the flavonoid group, which helps to stabilize the liver cell membrane and prevent foreign toxins from entering the liver cells, detoxifying the liver in case of alcohol and chemical abuse. It also helps stimulate the growth of new liver cells.
- Dietary fiber: In 100g of artichoke (flowers) contains about 10.3 g of fiber types, mainly Inulin, accounting for about 30% of the daily needs of adults. Fiber has many health benefits, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, overweight – obesity, and some cancers … Fiber is also important for digestive health. Fiber increases the volume of volume, stimulates the reflex of excretion, reduces constipation, and some pathologies in the colorectal. In addition, fiber is also a source of food for beneficial gut bacteria, helping to maintain the optimal number of beneficial bacteria in the gut, maintaining digestive health.
- Important micronutrients: In 100g of artichokes (flowers) contain about 15 micrograms of Vitamin K, 90mcg of folic acid (Folate), Vitamin C, magnesium, manganese, potassium …
2. 6 Artichoke extract benefits
2.1 Artichoke extract benefits: Helps detoxify the liver
✅ Artichoke leaf extract can protect your liver from damage and promote the growth of new tissue. The two antioxidants found in artichokes, cynarin, and silymarin, have been shown to improve liver health by reducing toxins and facilitating their removal from the liver and body. Especially in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, taking artichoke extract daily for 2 months helps reduce hepatitis and fat deposition less than not using. It also increases bile production, helping to remove harmful toxins from your liver.
2.2 Artichoke extract benefits: Effect on cholesterol levels.
✅ Artichoke leaf extract may have a positive effect on cholesterol levels. Regular use of artichoke extract can help raise good HDL cholesterol in people with high cholesterol because this herb contains luteolin, an antioxidant that prevents the formation of cholesterol.
2.3 Artichoke extract benefits: Help regulate blood pressure
✅ Artichoke extract may help people with high blood pressure and prevent the risk of heart attack and stroke. This is because this herb is rich in potassium, an essential mineral that helps neutralize the effects of excess sodium preventing hypertension.
2.4 Artichoke extract benefits: Improve digestive health
✅ Artichokes have an excellent source of fiber, which can help keep your digestive system healthy by promoting friendly gut bacteria, reducing the risk of certain bowel cancers, reducing constipation and diarrhea. Artichoke extract may also help relieve indigestion symptoms, such as bloating, nausea, and heartburn. Cynarin, a natural compound in artichokes, can bring these positive effects by stimulating bile production and improving the digestion of some fats.
2.5 Artichoke extract benefits: Help lower blood sugar
✅ Artichoke leaf extract can help reduce blood sugar levels. That’s because this herb has been shown to slow down the activity of alpha-glucosidase, an enzyme that breaks down starches into glucose, potentially affecting blood sugar levels.
2.6 Artichoke extract benefits: Anti-cancer
✅ Studies suggest that artichoke extract weakens cancer cell growth. Certain antioxidants including rutin, quercetin, silymarin, and gallic acid in artichokes are thought to be responsible for these anti-cancer effects.
3. Notes when using Artichoke
The benefits of artichokes with general health are undeniable. If possible, use artichokes in the form of herbal extracts or supplements, which will give you a steady dose. When using artichokes in general, you should note the following:
✅ Artichokes are safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women to use as food. However, the artichoke leaf extract form used during pregnancy and lactation is unclear so pregnant and lactating women should avoid using it.
✅ There are several studies suggesting that artichokes can aggravate bile duct obstruction, gallstones due to increased bile flow. Because of this, patients with bile duct obstruction and gallstones should consult their doctor before using artichoke extract.
✅ Artichokes can inhibit a number of enzymes in the liver. Therefore, caution should be exercised in patients taking drugs primarily metabolized by these enzymes. Before using high artichokes, patients should consult a doctor’s recommendation to avoid adverse interactions.
✅ You can use artichoke as a tea, but avoid abuse because if using the overdose for a long time will cause many health effects:
- Using artichoke tea causes bloating: The reason is that artichoke tea has the effect of secreting bile and constricting the gallbladder. If used for a long time, the smooth muscles of the digestive system will contract. This is one of the causes of bloating and bloating.
- Constipation: Artichoke tea has a relatively high percentage of iron. If used much, the concentration of iron in the body will rise, overwhelming the minerals in the body causing constipation.
- Impaired liver function: Drinking artichoke tea helps to purify and detoxify. But this task is undertaken by the liver. Therefore, if you drink a lot of tea, it means that the liver will have to work harder, causing liver function decline.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm | Artichoke Liquid Extract
✅ Help maintain healthy cholesterol levels with Artichoke liquid extract from Herb Pharm. They prepare their Artichoke Extract from the leaf & flower bud of Cynara cardunculus plants which are Certified Organically Grown on their own farm. To differ optimal extraction of Artichoke’s bioactive compounds, the plants are hand-harvested at their optimal potency, are carefully shade-dried, and are then thoroughly extracted. Products are analyzed in a standard laboratory by modern methods to ensure the best quality before the market. Suggested use: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING Two or three times per day take 30 to 40 drops in a little water.
🎁 Nature’s Way Artichoke Leaf Extract
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature. Nature’s Way Artichoke Leaf Extract, 13-18% Caffeoylquinic Acids help to support liver health. Directions: Take 2 capsules twice daily, preferably with food.
✅ In the Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution, Julissa takes a practical and simple approach to restore good liver health. She described ‘3 pillars of liver health’. These are the basic principles to restore your liver to a completely healthy state. Her 3 pillars described exactly what is needed for a healthy liver and then she gave me a step-by-step plan to follow so you can really do it. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution | Review – CLICK HERE ➡