Gallstones are very common, accounting for a large proportion because it has many causes related to modern society such as stress, diet. The disease can be completely cured if timely detected and surgical treatment combined with a reasonable diet. Gallstones diet consists of healthy fats, dietary fiber, and plant proteins that support the gallbladder to work better.
1. What is Gallstones?
✅ Gallstones are a solid aggregation of components in bile fluid, which can be formed in different places in the bile duct system such as gallbladder stones, a common bile duct stone, and the bile ducts in the liver… Gallstones have two main types: cholesterol stones and pigment stones.
Symptoms of gallstones disease
✅ 80% of cases of gallstones have no symptoms, especially gallstones. Some people may see vague signs such as loss of appetite, fear of greasy or bitter odors, dry throat, nausea, bloating, and indigestion after each meal. The remaining 20% have symptoms when complications occur, with signs :
- Abdominal pain: Pain from gallstones usually starts after a greasy meal, or at night, makes you sleepless. The initial pain site can lower the right flank, then spread to the right shoulder and back. The pain may be dull but can be intense, lasting several hours to several days.
- Fever: Pain caused by gallstones often accompanied by fever caused by cholangitis, gallbladder. Fever may occur before, or after, pain that lasts for several hours, sometimes weeks, or months.
- Jaundice: Jaundice occurs after pain and fever 1-2 days due to gallstones that cause bile obstruction, accompanied by itching, yellow urine.
Causes of gallstones formation
✅ Gallstones are formed due to an imbalance of components in bile fluid, with many different causes. It can be an imbalance due to the production and transport of bile fluid in the liver – the secretion of bile fluid, prolonged bile stagnation, cholangitis, and bile infection. Factors that increase your risk of developing gallstones include :
- Impaired liver function (fatty liver, hepatitis, cirrhosis, increased liver enzymes …) reduces the quality of bile fluid.
- Overweight, obesity, dyslipidemia.
- A low-calorie diet, high in saturated fat, low in fiber and vegetables.
- A sedentary lifestyle causes stagnant bile fluid to create favorable conditions for cholesterol to precipitate.
- Using long-term birth control pills increases the estrogen hormone thereby increasing cholesterol excretion in the bile.
- Using cholesterol-lowering medicines increases the elimination of cholesterol in bile fluid.
2. Gallstones diet
2.1 Gallstones diet : Good Fat
✅ The basic components in bile include bile salts, bilirubin, and cholesterol. Diets for gallstones need to consume healthy fats from salmon, olive oil, soybean oil, avocado, or nuts such as walnuts, almonds, sesame, etc. These are considered foods very good for gallstones patients because it will support the gallbladder to work better. Besides, you should limit unhealthy fats such as animal fat, whole milk, cheese, butter … Because they can increase cholesterol levels in bile fluid, thereby increasing gallstones size and activating a gallbladder pain, gallstones symptoms. You also need to avoid the fast trans fat found in fried foods and fast foods, sources of processed foods such as biscuits, chips, sausages, canned meats, smoked meats …
2.2 Gallstones diet : Fiber
✅ Priority should be given to soluble fibers that enhance the functioning of the digestive system, prevent constipation, diarrhea, and slow down the absorption of fat after eating and provide a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Fiber-rich vegetables like spinach, broccoli, corn, lentils … In addition, you should eat more oranges, grapefruit, raspberries, strawberries, tangerines because these fruits also contain soluble fiber very abundant. You should eat a lot of vegetables at three meals a day as well as add fruit to breakfast and snacks.
2.3 Gallstones diet : Vegetable protein
✅ People with gallstones need a supplement with vegetable protein from bean sprouts, sesame seeds, soybeans, and some other beans instead of using proteins in meat, eggs, milk … Legumes contain high levels of lecithin. The low lecithin content in bile fluid can promote the formation of cholesterol gallstones. You can also enhance lecithin by adding buckwheat foods, wheat germ, etc.
✅ If you want to use meat, only choose fish or lean meats, white poultry, but the skin should be removed because it is high in fat.
✅ You need to drink plenty of water every day to help flush out the toxins that exist in your body, especially if you have gallbladder stones.
✅ Besides forming a scientific eating habit, you can use supportive solutions with herbs. This is considered an effective solution due to its comprehensive impact on the hepatobiliary system, softening gravel stones, and eroding gravel; It also helps to reduce symptoms of abdominal pain, indigestion caused by gallstones.
- Turmeric: often used to treat liver bile diseases and prevent cancer. With the main ingredient of curcumin, turmeric helps stimulate the liver to release bile secretions, enhances biliary tract movement, and enhances the ability to circulate bile secretions. Many recent studies also show that Curcumin has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial effects, reduces blood cholesterol by inhibiting cholesterol synthesis enzyme in the liver. Not only that, but curcumin also protects the liver by reducing liver lipid peroxidation and increasing the liver’s ability to detoxify.
- Adenoma caeruleum: enhances the liver’s elimination function, protects liver cells and prevents fatty liver, and helps promote the process of bile secretion, thereby helping to reduce pain and inflammation in the system.
- Phyllanthus urinaria: has the effect of clearing heat, detoxifying, reducing inflammation so it is used as the main medicinal herbs in most remedies for liver disease. Many studies show that the active ingredients in Phyllanthus urinaria have the effect of restoring and enhancing liver function, preventing fatty liver while simultaneously inhibiting lipid peroxide oxidation, reducing oxidative stress – the cause of necrosis Liver cells, reduce inflammation and reduce fat accumulation in the liver.
- Desmodium styracifolium: In traditional medicine, Desmodium styracifolium is a common medicine commonly used to treat gallstones, kidney stones, and jaundice. This herb works to increase the ability of bile secretion from liver cells, increase bile movement, anti-inflammatory thereby helping to erode stones slowly and reduce the risk of stone regeneration, especially for people who have undergone gallbladder removal surgery.
3. Recommended for you :
✅ In the Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution, Julissa takes a practical and simple approach to restore good liver health. She described ‘3 pillars of liver health’. These are the basic principles to restore your liver to a completely healthy state. Her 3 pillars described exactly what is needed for a healthy liver and then she gave me a step-by-step plan to follow so you can really do it. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease Solution | Review – CLICK HERE ➡
🎁 Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Their pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring a real bite to everything you make, eat, and share. Their goal is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
- Simply Organic Turmeric Root Ground Certified Organic comes in 2.38-ounce containers. Also known as Indian saffron and yellow root, this bright yellow powder is the dried and ground rhizome of the Curcuma longa root, which is a member of the ginger (Zingiberaceae) family. Their ground turmeric (Curcuma longa) root contains a minimum of 4% curcumin — the key component people look for.No GMOs.Not irradiated.Deep, golden-yellow hue. Pungent, distinctive aroma.