Hypertension is a chronic disease, you have to accept living with it for the rest of my life. Besides using drugs to control blood pressure, a healthy diet and activity will help patients have the best health and quality of life. Dietary changes can significantly reduce high blood pressure. Research has shown that certain foods can lower blood pressure effectively immediately and over the long term. Here are the 10 Foods that lower blood pressure.
- 1. Diet for people with high blood pressure
- 2. 10 Foods that lower blood pressure
- 2.1 Foods that lower blood pressure: Green vegetables
- 2.2 Foods that lower blood pressure: Low-fat milk
- 2.3 Foods that lower blood pressure: Eggs
- 2.4 Foods that lower blood pressure: Broccoli
- 2.5 Foods that lower blood pressure: Sugar beet
- 2.6 Foods that lower blood pressure: Banana
- 2.7 Foods that lower blood pressure: Black chocolate
- 2.8 Foods that lower blood pressure: Pomegranate
- 2.9 Foods that lower blood pressure: Fermented food
- 2.10 Foods that lower blood pressure: Garlic and herbs
- Share this post:
1. Diet for people with high blood pressure
1.1 People with Hypertension should abstain from what foods ?
- People with high blood pressure need to limit foods high in cholesterol and saturated fatty acids, limit fast food, high in salt such as salty bread, fried chicken and chips …
- Saturated fat from meat and animal organs is an important contributor to atherosclerosis (increase in bad cholesterol) leading to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke. Instead, patients should use dishes made from fish and seafood to have more unsaturated fatty acids, omega, beneficial minerals.
- Studies show that sugar is also a cause of high blood pressure. Therefore, not only people with diabetes but people with high blood pressure also need to minimize the amount of sugar intake, restrict sugar products such as cakes, candies, creams …
- In addition, patients with high blood pressure also need to limit stimulating drinks: alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, thick tea … In nicotine cigarettes, stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, contraction pulse and lead to hypertension. Drinking too much alcohol is also a risk factor for cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure. Alcohol also reduces the effects of antihypertensive drugs, making it worse.
1.2 Food groups that are good for people with Hypertension
- People with high blood pressure should increase the amount of potassium salt in food in parallel with taking antihypertensive drugs but should not take potassium supplements directly. Fresh vegetables and fruits contain potassium, such as tangerines, bananas, potatoes, squash, avocado, tomato juice, orange juice, melon, dates, dried apricots, yogurt, etc.
- In addition, calcium deficiency also affects high blood pressure. Each day, about 250ml of cow’s milk or soya milk will help fill the calcium deficiency. Vegetables like vegetables, celery, mushrooms, wood ear, algae, etc. also contain large amounts of calcium. People with high blood pressure should eat seafood rich in iodine, such as seaweed, jellyfish, shrimp, seaweed … to avoid arteriosclerosis.
- Green leafy vegetables, ripe vegetables, and fruits provide a lot of fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamins C, A, E, and antioxidants – these are good nutrients for blood pressure. A high fiber diet has been shown to be effective in preventing and treating many forms of cardiovascular disease including high blood pressure.
- The fiber in addition to anti-hypertensive benefits, they also help to lose weight, help flush out harmful toxins in the body. Should use enough vegetables, fruits with an average of 400 g / person/day, for hypertension should eat 500g per day with 100-300g ripe fruits per day.
2. 10 Foods that lower blood pressure
2.1 Foods that lower blood pressure: Green vegetables
✅ Many leafy greens like kale and spinach contain potassium and magnesium which are important minerals for blood pressure control. These nutrients are an important part of the DASH diet (Dietary method to prevent hypertension, or high blood pressure). A diet rich in potassium helps the body be more effective at eliminating excess sodium, which can raise blood pressure and magnesium to help promote healthy blood flow-according to nutritionist Joy Bauer.
2.2 Foods that lower blood pressure: Low-fat milk
✅ A glass of cold milk provides high amounts of both calcium and vitamin D, these nutrients help reduce blood pressure, they can help reduce the risk of heart disease by 15%. By the way, I told you about the cause of high blood pressure: People with low levels of calcium and vitamin D have a higher risk of high blood pressure.
2.3 Foods that lower blood pressure: Eggs
✅ Under the effect of digestive enzymes in the stomach and small intestine of eggs will create many different peptides that inhibit ACE converting angiotensin ACE. When ACE is inhibited, the arterial blood pressure drops, and the heart is protected. Moreover, contrary to the opinion of many people both eggs and cholesterol in eggs have no effect on the increase in blood cholesterol and hypertension. Eggs are completely harmless in cardiovascular diseases.
2.4 Foods that lower blood pressure: Broccoli
✅ This cruciferous vegetable is a good source of minerals that regulate blood pressure like magnesium, calcium, and potassium. In fact, a large intake of these three minerals is a hallmark of many foods to lower blood pressure. Previous studies in animals have found that a diet high in broccoli can help lower blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and stroke. Broccoli sprout has many compounds that can help reduce artery damage, which can play a role in high blood pressure.
2.5 Foods that lower blood pressure: Sugar beet
✅ According to a study, people with high blood pressure who drank about 250 ml of beetroot juice had a drop in blood pressure of about 10 mm Hg. What is its magic ingredient? Nitrate turned into nitric oxide, a gas that enlarges blood vessels and supports blood flow. One cup of beets per day can help maintain lower, healthier blood pressure.
2.6 Foods that lower blood pressure: Banana
✅ Bananas help reduce blood pressure due to the high content of potassium and nutrients. A banana contains about 420 milligrams, or 11 percent of the 4,700 milligrams that the American Heart Association recommends that people eat every day.
2.7 Foods that lower blood pressure: Black chocolate
✅ Dark chocolate tops the list of foods that are good for high blood pressure. This bitter food is rich in antioxidants flavanols, which reduce atherosclerotic plaques, so you’ll also prevent high blood pressure and the risk of other complications like stroke or heart attack.
2.8 Foods that lower blood pressure: Pomegranate
✅ Pomegranate juice is rated as one of the best cardiovascular juices. Studies have shown that pomegranate juice helps improve blood flow and stabilize blood pressure. Moreover, it can also slow down plaque development and build up cholesterol in arteries thanks to its rich antioxidant content. Drinking pomegranate juice daily can help lower blood pressure and prevent cardiovascular complications.
✅ However, pomegranate juice may react negatively to blood pressure and cholesterol medications like statins. Therefore, consult your doctor before using pomegranate juice.
2.9 Foods that lower blood pressure: Fermented food
✅ Studies have shown a positive effect on blood pressure when there are many species of regular biological bacteria in food. It is still not clear how the bacteria can lower blood pressure. One possibility is that probiotics can help improve overall and LDL cholesterol levels. Another theory is that healthy gut microbiota may help regulate the hormones involved in controlling blood pressure and fluid balance in the body.
✅ Another important ingredient that is indispensable in kimchi and other fermented foods is garlic, which contains allicin and selenium. Allicin and Selenium are two substances that keep cholesterol levels in your body and prevent the formation of fat in artery walls. Since then the blood flow in the body is improved, cholesterol levels and blood pressure are also lowered. To increase the number of probiotics, try adding kimchi and kombucha to your diet.
2.10 Foods that lower blood pressure: Garlic and herbs
✅ Recent research has shown that eating garlic daily can help prevent high blood pressure. Garlic contains a compound called allicin, which has a positive effect on protecting and against cardiovascular system problems such as atherosclerosis and hypertension. Garlic also increases the supply of nitric oxide, which relaxes blood vessels, leading to lower blood pressure and increased oxygen supply to the body. In addition, because the composition of garlic contains antioxidants (vitamin C and selenium), it works to clean the blood, reduce LDL-Cholesterol, prevent the formation of “plaque” on artery walls, reduce maximizes the risk of blood clot formation and cardiovascular system problems, helping blood pressure to stay stable.