Did you know the world has 9.4 million people dying from complications of hypertension every year? Hypertension is the main cause of death and disability due to complications of the heart, brain, blood vessels … Therefore, control high blood pressure at home is a simple and convenient method for everyone to monitor their own health, prevent blood pressure diseases. However, not everyone knows how to check your own blood pressure at home.
1. Benefits of Control high blood pressure daily
- Control blood pressure testing helps to detect early disease, is favorable for the treatment of hypertension and prevention of complications such as stroke, heart attack.
- Strict disease control for patients with hypertension. From there, the doctors will have a reasonable and effective drug treatment and adjustment regimen.
- You can completely perform the measurement of blood pressure at home to know your blood pressure values. Thereby, the positive changes of the disease can be seen through adherence to treatment and adjustment of scientific and healthy lifestyles.
2. Some attention Control high blood pressure with a blood pressure monitor
✅ Time of measurement: To monitor blood pressure, you should measure blood pressure regularly at the same time every day when the body is in a state of relaxation, psychologically relaxed. Rest 15 to 20 minutes before the test to get the most accurate results.
✅ Measuring posture: Sit posture so that the armband is equal with the heart. Do not speak or watch TV while you are measuring your blood pressure.
✅ Frequency of measurement: From 30 years old and up, with normal health, we should check blood pressure at least once a month. For patients with hypertension or at high risk like diabetes, daily blood pressure should be measured. In special cases, your doctor may request two or three times a day or more depending on the type of illness. You should consider using the same type of blood pressure monitor.
✅ Home blood pressure monitor selection: Users should choose simple, easy-to-use electronic blood pressure monitors from reputable brands that have been clinically certified for accuracy. Some argue that the classic blood pressure monitor gives you more reliable results, but that’s not true, as long as you have a certified blood pressure monitor, you can trust the results. Moreover, the classical meter needs a support person, you cannot measure it alone like an electronic meter. Moreover, electronic devices also have the function to monitor the heart rate very effectively.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Omron | Electronic blood pressure monitors
✅ Omron blood pressure monitor is one of the products of Omron Healthcare Company, Ltd., Japan is one of the subsidiaries of Omron Group – Japan, was born in 1933, headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Omron-Japan brand is the leading blood pressure monitor brand in the world and is recommended by the Heart Association of many countries around the world.
An outstanding feature of the Omron blood pressure monitor is the fully automatic feature, which is the use of proprietary Intellisense technology for accurate, fast, and very reliable results. There are also other outstanding features such as:
- The display of a blood pressure warning column helps users to know if their blood pressure is in a safe or dangerous range.
- Warning movement when measuring to always accurate results, limit index errors, especially for people with tremor hand or Parkinson’s disease.
- Alert arrhythmia – suitable for people with a history of cardiovascular. Displays the average results of the last 3 measurements, which will give the most accurate blood pressure reading.
- Comes with the display is a large LCD screen so the elderly can also see clearly.
Home Blood Pressure Monitoring Tips with Omron blood pressure monitor :
- Get Ready: Avoid exercising, bathing, eating, smoking, and drinking alcohol or caffeinated beverages for 30 minutes prior. Ideally, the rest 15 minutes before you begin. Your results are automatically stored in your readings so you can share them with your doctor later.
- Take Your Position: Sit in a comfortable chair with your feet flat on the floor. Rest your arm on a table with your palm facing upward. Slide the cuff on and make sure it’s level with your heart. Do not talk or move during the measurement.
- Monitor Your Reading: Advanced accuracy automatically displays the average of the last three readings taken within 10 minutes. The BP Level Bar displays how your reading compares to internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels.
Omron Blood Pressure Monitor – M2 Classic