Whether you are an athlete or an ordinary person, it is important to add foods that are good for bones and joints in your daily diet. That will help you improve your strength and avoid osteoarthritis. This is a list of foods that help strengthen your skeletal system as an athlete.
- 1. Nutrients needed for the skeletal system
- 2. Food List for Skeletal system
- 3. Recommended for you :
1. Nutrients needed for the skeletal system
✅ Nutrition is one of the factors affecting bone development. In order for bones to have a dense and solid density, we need to provide adequate nutrients especially calcium, protein, vitamin D. In addition, the joints between bones are also important for a skeletal system complete development. So the nutrients that help replenish synovial fluid are also something to keep in mind. You should read the following ARTICLE to know the nutrients that are important for synovial fluid to help support healthy bones.
Nutrients help keep bones strong
✅ Calcium: Calcium is an important factor in bone development. There are periods when the body needs a huge supply of calcium, which is the period under 5 years of age, pre-puberty, and pregnancy. A deficiency of calcium in the body causes estrogen depletion and osteoporosis and osteoarthritis diseases. We can get the right amount of calcium by eating a diet, including :
- Milk, cheese, and other dairy foods.
- Leafy greens, like broccoli, cabbage, and okra, but not spinach because although spinach may contain a lot of calcium, it also contains oxalic acid, which reduces the absorption of calcium, so it not a good source of calcium.
- Types of fish like sardines, salmon.
- Animal bones are like cow bones.
- Nuts: Sesame and chia seeds are two familiar types, not only high in calcium but also providing protein and healthy fats.
✅ Vitamin D: Vitamin D is a substance that helps the body absorb calcium and phosphorus, essential components of a healthy skeletal system. Our body gets most of the vitamin D from the effects of sunlight on the skin. Foods that are good sources of vitamin D include salmon, sardines and mackerel, eggs, cereals, milk powder.
✅ Protein: Protein plays an important role in bone formation. Insufficient protein intake will lead to a decrease in bone strength, a decrease in the absorption of calcium and vitamin D. However, adults and the elderly need to limit the amount of protein consumed, because if the excess protein is present will result in the elimination of calcium in the urine.
2. Food List for Skeletal system
2.1 Food for Skeletal system : Cow’s bone
✅ In bovine cartilage containing glucosamine and chondroitin, Calcium has the effect of:
- Stimulate joint cartilage regeneration.
- Produces joint lubrication to help reduce degeneration and joint wear.
- Helps strengthen bones, prevent osteoporosis.
- You can use bone, cartilage, tunnel bone to stew, stir-fried cartilage dishes, porridge …
2.2 Milk and milk products
✅ You should use milk and dairy products rich in nutrients with vitamins and minerals. In foods made from milk always contain a lot of calcium (the main constituent of bones). Drinking milk regularly helps prevent osteoporosis, helps strengthen bones. In addition, beneficial bacteria in milk help support digestion to absorb nutrients better. Popular dairy products include yogurt, drinking yogurt, cheese, fresh milk, etc.
2.3 Food for Skeletal system : Cereals
✅ Cereals that are good for bones and joints include: soybeans, legumes, barley, red beans, chickpeas, etc. In cereals, they are rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.The effects of cereal include:
- Increase immunity, increase resistance.
- Slow down the aging process.
- Calcium supplementation and inhibition of osteoclasts destruction.
- Prevent osteoporosis and keep bones strong.
2.4 Food for Skeletal system: Bean sprouts
✅ Sprouts contain a lot of plant estrogen hormone: Phyto-estrogen and Isoflavones. These are substances that help fight osteoporosis, especially during periods of rapid thinning of the bones (menopause), which reduce the risk of fractures.
✅ Mushrooms have an abundance of nutrients and components that are especially good for bones and joints. The important nutritional components of mushrooms include Vitamin A, E, C, K, Ca, Mg, P, K…. In addition, mushrooms are also a good source of plant proteins. The best-known uses of mushrooms include:
- It helps the musculoskeletal system supple and strong.
- Strengthen resistance.
- Inhibiting the aging process.
- Prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- You can process mushrooms into dishes such as mushroom soup, stir-fried mushrooms with vegetables, hotpot mushrooms….
2.6 Almonds, soy, cashews
✅ Almonds, soybeans, cashews are good sources of vitamin D and calcium. These two components help keep bones strong, prevent osteoarthritis, osteoporosis.
2.7 Food rich Omega-3
✅ Omega-3 has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant effects that reduce the risk of osteoarthritis. Regular use of omega-3 supplements is the answer to what to eat to strengthen muscles.
✅ Omega-3 is found mainly in some foods such as fish, shrimp, crabs, fatty fish, mackerel, salmon, tuna, anchovies, sardines, herring, etc. In addition, you can supplement Omega-3 in health supplements if required by your doctor.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement – Immune & Heart Support Benefits– Promotes Joint, Eyes, Brain & Skin Health
✅ At BioSchwartz, they believe a healthy gut is a happy gut. Their mission is to empower you to elevate your quality of life through superior supplements. Their supplements are made with superior-quality ingredients to help you achieve optimal health from the inside out.
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION AND BIOAVAILABILITY – Unlike most fish oil supplements on the market, Ultra-Pure Fish Oil Omega 3 is extracted using a proprietary method that concentrates the value of Omega-3’s for enhanced absorption and superior bioavailability.
- SUSTAINABLY CAUGHT FROM ICELAND: The fish are never farm-raised; they are caught fresh from the pristine, cold waters of Iceland for exceptional purity and zero contamination, as evidenced by the rigorous testing of each and every batch.
- SUPPORTS A HEALTHY HEART – May help support and maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already in the normal range. Directions: As a dietary supplement take three (3) softgels per day with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed three (3) softgels per day.
🎁 NOW Supplements, Vitamin D-3 5,000 IU, High Potency, Structural Support
✅ Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren a mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
✅ For structural support, supports the immune system, and helps maintain strong bones! NOW Chewable Vitamin D-3 supplies this key vitamin in a tasty chewable form. Vitamin D is normally obtained from the diet or produced by the skin from the ultraviolet energy of the sun. However, it is not abundant in food. As more people avoid sun exposure, Vitamin D supplementation becomes even more necessary to ensure that your body receives an adequate supply. Directions: Use according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Safety Information: Do not exceed the recommended dose. Consult your health care practitioner if you have any kidney medical, hypercalcemia, are taking any medications, or are pregnant/lactating. Keep out of reach of children.