Irregular menstruation is a common condition for many women. This phenomenon not only makes everyday life uncomfortable but also causes fatigue, pallor, even dangerous complications for the female body. The cause and how to treat irregular menstrual effectively is a problem that many women are concerned about. Besides treating the causes at the hospital, you can combine the use of simple methods at home also help improve the condition effectively.
- 1. What is Irregular menstruation?
- 2. Causes of Irregular menstruation
- 3. Some specific manifestations
- 4. Treatment of Irregular menstruation at home
- 5. Recommended for you :
1. What is Irregular menstruation?
✅ Menstruation is a normal phenomenon of a healthy female body, occurring between the ages of 8-16 and ending between 45-55 years of age. Menstrual disorders are irregular menstrual periods that can produce more and longer periods than usual. Irregular menstruation is a phenomenon that menstruation may come earlier or come later or even without menstrual bleeding.
2. Causes of Irregular menstruation
✅ Anxiety, stress causes the adrenal glands to secrete more cortisol hormone, disrupting the production of female hormones such as estrogen and progesterone leading to irregular menstruation.
2.2 Side effects of the drug
✅ When you use birth control pills or abortion, it will cause irregular menstruation. Abuse of antibiotics during treatment also causes the body to appear a number of side effects, including irregular menstruation.
2.3 Using stimulants
✅ Stimulants such as alcohol, beer, tobacco not only affect the health and mood of users, inhibit nerves … but also cause long-term periods of amenorrhea.
✅ Changes in women’s weight will also affect hormone levels in the body resulting in irregular menstruation.
👨⚕️ Irregular menstrual periods can also be caused by certain gynecological diseases such as cervical cancer, which is very dangerous, you need to consult your doctor for timely treatment.
3. Some specific manifestations
- Dysmenorrhea: Usually women to menstrual cycle will also appear lower abdominal pain phenomenon, lasting 1-2 days. But if you have severe abdominal pain, back pain, and the body feels extremely tired, your menstrual cycle may be having some problems.
- Menstruation is slower or earlier than normal: The normal menstrual cycle will last from 28-32 days, but if your period is too little or too much, it is a symptom of irregular menstruation.
- Irregular menstrual period: Bleeding twice a month, with abnormal blood symptoms, dark brown or dark brown color, and many blood clots.
4. Treatment of Irregular menstruation at home
4.1 Change diet
✅ Limit the use of beverages containing stimulants, hormonal changes such as Alcohol, carbonated water, coffee …Eating clean foods and beverages that do not contain hormones will help stabilize hormones and regulate menstruation. Foods rich in iron and folic acid will replenish the red blood cells lost during the menstrual cycle. You can read the ARTICLE for common iron-rich foods.
The food should eat
- Cinnamon: The active ingredient of hydroxy chalcone in cinnamon helps regulate menstruation. In addition, cinnamon also has the ability to ease abdominal pain during menstruation. You can drink 1-2 cups of cinnamon tea every day, can add honey, lemon to increase the taste.
- Bitter melon: This is also one of the foods for menstrual irregularities. You should drink bitter melon juice 2 times a day or processing bitter melon in the form of stir-fried, cooking in meals also works well.
- Papaya: The plastic in papaya can help stimulate smooth muscle spasms and increase blood flow to the uterus, thereby helping this organ to work better in regulating hormones as well as menstruation. In particular, the papain enzyme component in papaya also works to soothe nervous tension, helping you reduce discomfort during menstruation days.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds contain many essential oils and omega 3. It helps balance hormones, fight inflammation in the reproductive organs, thereby can improve irregular menstruation.
- Carrots: Carrots contain a variety of vitamins and iron. When taken into the body, iron is involved in the production of red blood cells, stabilizing menstruation in people with irregular menstruation due to anemia.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is used as a natural remedy to balance hormones in the body. In addition, the compounds found in turmeric have the ability to accelerate the circulation of blood in the genitals. Regular use of turmeric will help stabilize your menstrual cycle and reduce unpleasant abdominal pain.
- Jaggery: Jaggery provides a lot of iron, vitamins, and minerals that are good for blood, regulating menstruation.
- Fennel: Fennel seeds, especially seeds of Egyptian origin contain a lot of iron and fiber. It will help prevent anemia in people who have heavy periods or periods.
- Fatty fish is a rich source of omega 3 and a rich protein. When absorbed, they will provide more energy, help you reduce fatigue during menstruation, and balance hormones, improve gynecological inflammation – one of the common causes of menstruation. irregular period. Fatty fish include herring, sardines, salmon, tuna, anchovies, halibut, and mackerel.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera not only works to beautify the skin, lose weight but also aids in the treatment of irregular menstrual periods by stabilizing the female hormone.
- Grapes: Possessing abundant sources of antioxidants, iron, vitamins, and minerals, grapes are very useful fruits for people who have irregular menstruation.
- Dates: With its rich iron content, dates are also one of the useful foods for people with irregular periods. You can use it daily as a snack.
These foods should not be eaten
✅ Besides the healthy foods, you should limit the following foods, they not only make the condition worse but also not good for health in general.
- Caffeine is found in chocolate, coffee-flavored ice cream, and some beverages such as coffee, condensed tea, energy drinks, milk tea, etc. This substance will cause dehydration and stimulate the uterus to contract stronger. This can cause you to experience severe abdominal pain and lead to menstrual periods and periods that last longer than usual.
- Salty foods: Eating a lot of salty foods, salt causes water retention in the body, which in turn leads to bloating, tightness in the stomach. To avoid these discomfort, follow a light diet during your period
- Alcohol, beer, and other alcoholic drinks: These drinks stimulate the smooth muscles of the uterus, which keep them contracting. As a result, you will have more abdominal pain, it is also difficult for the menstrual cycle to stabilize normally.
- Besides, if you have a habit of smoking, you should give up immediately. The nicotine in cigarettes has a negative effect on the menstrual cycle not inferior to alcohol. Moreover, it increases the risk of cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, and many other dangerous diseases.
4.2 Change of living mode
✅ Staying up late, overworking, not getting enough sleep for 8 hours a day, or getting too much sleep will lead to menstrual disorders in women. This is the cause of delayed menstruation, menstrual loss due to hormonal disorders. You should go to bed before 11 o’clock, get 8 hours of sleep a day and nap 1 hour.
4.3 Strengthen exercise
✅ Exercising, walking and subjects like swimming, yoga, gym, dance … will help improve and stabilize menstruation. Reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea, back pain, nausea, fatigue, late menstrual … significantly.
✅ When under stress, fatigue, anxiety will cause irregular menstruation. Therefore, you should keep the mood happy, optimistic, positive thinking will help your period return to normal more regularly.
4.5 Drink a lot of water
✅ Water is a component that helps the body’s organs to work smoothly, better, and helps stabilize blood sugar, regulate menstruation, reduce dysmenorrhea effectively. To prevent menstrual disorders, you should drink 2 – 2.5 liters of water/day.
4.6 Using herbs
I would like to mention 3 types of medicinal herbs that are very effective for this case:
✅ Leonurus: You should use the Leonurus extract which will be effective. It is suitable for women who have irregular menstrual periods (long menstruation, short menstruation or irregular periods), dysmenorrhea. In addition, Leonurus extract can also be used for women in the pre-menopause period.
✅ Wormwood: Wormwood will promote blood circulation, help menstrual cycle stability, reduce abdominal pain … Use wormwood to drinking water or prepare dishes such as chicken wormwood, wormwood eggs …
✅ Ginger Tea: Ginger is warm food, it helps to relieve pain, help increase the contraction of the uterus to make the menstrual cycle easier, thereby helping to regulate menstruation. If you have menstrual disorders, a cup of ginger tea would be a good choice.
5. Recommended for you :
✅ Motherwort extract has a good effect on blood circulation, regulating menstruation, cure menstrual pain, good for premenopausal women, and treating high blood pressure … However, not all women can use Motherwort extract, especially in some cases dangerous… ➡
🎁 Traditional Medicinals | Ginger Herbal Tea
✅ From field to cup, Traditional Medicinals make sure their teas deliver the benefits of these amazing plants. To deliver consistently high-quality teas, they source organically farmed or organically wild-collected herbs from ethical trading partnerships, seeking out medicinal-grade plants. Only a small fraction of the world’s herb supply meets its high-quality standards. There are many types of ginger tea made by them, and all of them are prized for their quality and healing effect.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Herbal Tea: Traditional Medicinals created this tea using high-quality ginger rhizomes, or roots. Effects of this tea: promotes healthy digestion and prevents nausea due to motion.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Aid Digestive Tea: Herbalists have celebrated ginger for millennia, thanks to fast-acting plant compounds that help calm digestive discomfort. Blended with tasty blackberry leaf and lemon myrtle leaf, this tea is perfect after a meal and an ideal travel companion when you’re on the go.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger with Chamomile Herbal Tea: Ginger has been a staple in China for millennia, and is loved all over the world for its remarkable digestive benefits. Their blend their ginger with chamomile flower to create a digestive power duo that warms both body and spirit.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Green Tea Ginger Tea: Combining the time-honored tradition of green tea with the extra wellness benefits of spicy, warming ginger—a staple in Ayurveda—they created this tea to promote healthy digestion.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Turmeric with Meadowsweet & Ginger Herbal Tea: Healers around the world have long praised turmeric root for its soothing benefits. Tapping into that ancient wisdom, Traditional Medicinals’ herbalists created this unique formula to include meadowsweet—historically used much like turmeric—and ginger’s warming properties to help to support a healthy response to inflammation.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Tulsi with Ginger Herbal Tea: An ancient herb for the modern age, tulsi is known to help the body adapt to stress. This gentle blend will keep you happy and optimistic throughout the day.