Blood pressure diseases are divided into 2 types: hypertension and hypotension (low blood pressure). If high blood pressure is a potentially dangerous health condition with heart attack and stroke , Hypotension does not seem to be as dangerous? This is not true, low blood pressure in a mild manner may not need treatment. However, it can affect quality of life and work because you always have to work in a state of fatigue and distraction, even fainting.
1. What is Hypotension?
✅ Blood pressure values usually include 2 systolic and diastolic blood pressure (I said in the article BLOOD PRESSURE INCREASE. For normal people, blood pressure fluctuates around 120 / 80mmHg. If your blood pressure reading is below 90 / 60mmHg, it is considered to have Hypotension ( low blood pressure ).
✅ A normal healthy person measuring low blood pressure usually has no symptoms and does not need treatment because it is not a disease. However, when the blood pressure suddenly drops below 90/60 mmHg, the patient should be monitored and treated because this can be dangerous due to insufficient blood flow to the brain and other organs in the body.
2. Cause of Hypotension
Not enough volume of blood in the lumen. This can happen if the body is bleeding or dehydrated, meaning the body doesn’t have the fluid it needs. You could be dehydrated if:
- Not drinking enough water
- Severe diarrhea or severe vomiting
- Weak heartbeat
In some patients, low blood pressure may be related to another problem such as:
- Drink overdose of diuretics, hypertension, diabetes, or side effects of some medications
- Heart failure
- Arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeat)
- Enlargement or dilatation of blood vessels
- Liver failure.
- Inadequate diet leads to anemia and hypotension
In some cases, blood pressure can drop suddenly. In these cases, the cause may be:
- Blood loss due to bleeding
- Low body temperature
- Cardiomyopathy causes heart failure
- Severe sepsis
- Severe dehydration due to vomiting, diarrhea or fever
3. Symptoms of Hypotension
If you often experience the following symptoms, it is likely that you have low blood pressure, please seek medical attention for advice and find the exact cause of the disease.
- Feeling dizzy: Symptoms of low blood pressure often occur when you suddenly change positions like standing up after sitting for too long or sitting up while lying down.
- Faint: When severe hypotension patients may have symptoms of fainting (sudden loss of consciousness). Imagine how dangerous it is to be riding a car or walking and falling on the side of the road.
- Reduce focus: Poor concentration may also be affected by your blood pressure. Because when the body lowers blood pressure, the blood is not enough to supply the brain as normal, thereby preventing brain cells from receiving enough oxygen and nutrients to function properly. This is the main cause of hindering the ability to concentrate in people with low blood pressure.
- Nausea: Nausea in addition to digestive problems are also a sign when blood pressure is low.
- Cold, moist, or pale skin: When your blood pressure is low, your limbs often feel numb and cold inside your body. This is because your body is unable to maintain perfusion and supplies oxygen to the skin, causing hypothermia.
- Tachycardia, shallow: When blood pressure drops too low, your body suffers from severe hypoxia, which increases the activity of your heart and lungs to make up for the deficiency that causes tachycardia and shortness of breath.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Supplement iron with functional foods
✅ Iron deficiency anemia can occur at any age, in both men and women, both young and old, but the most common subjects are :
- Women of childbearing age: Women of childbearing age starting from menstruation, the average iron requirement is approximately 1.4 mg/day. However, this amount of iron is unlikely to meet the requirements solely by diet.
- Pregnant women: When pregnant, the demand for iron increases to develop the fetus, placenta, and the mother. The total amount of iron needed for pregnant women is about 1000mg, so during pregnancy, if not provided with enough iron, iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women is very likely to occur.
- Lactating women: Iron is secreted in breast milk to feed babies.
- Children, usually children aged 6 to 24 months and especially premature babies: at this age, the demand for iron is very high.
✅ If you are experiencing iron deficiency anemia, you can take an iron supplement. Here is an iron supplement that is appreciated on Amazon. A special feature of this formulation is the combination of iron and vitamin C. Vitron-C is a high potency iron supplement uniquely formulated with vitamin C to help your body better absorb iron. Vitamin C also helps to combat fatigue for people with anemia.
🎁 Omron | Electronic blood pressure monitors
✅ Omron blood pressure monitor is one of the products of Omron Healthcare Company, Ltd., Japan is one of the subsidiaries of Omron Group – Japan, was born in 1933, headquartered in Kyoto, Japan. Omron-Japan brand is the leading blood pressure monitor brand in the world and is recommended by the Heart Association of many countries around the world.
An outstanding feature of the Omron blood pressure monitor is the fully automatic feature, which is the use of proprietary Intellisense technology for accurate, fast, and very reliable results. There are also other outstanding features such as:
- The display of a blood pressure warning column helps users to know if their blood pressure is in a safe or dangerous range.
- Warning movement when measuring to always accurate results, limit index errors, especially for people with tremor hand or Parkinson’s disease.
- Alert arrhythmia – suitable for people with a history of cardiovascular. Displays the average results of the last 3 measurements, which will give the most accurate blood pressure reading.
- Comes with the display is a large LCD screen so the elderly can also see clearly.
Omron Blood Pressure Monitor – M2 Classic