Fiber is a component of plant-derived food that cannot be digested by the body. Many people mistakenly believe that fiber is a food-ineffective ingredient, because most have no nutritional value, so it is not considered by everyone. However, many studies show that fiber is recognized to play an important role in the treatment and prevention of diseases such as diabetes, constipation, cancer … Moreover, fiber foods are often vegetables, fruit which contains a lot of vitamins and antioxidants has many health benefits to the body.
- 1. What is the fiber?
- 2. Top 6 fiber health benefits
- 2.1 Fiber health benefits: Weight loss
- 2.2 Fiber health benefits: Prevention of Cardiovascular disease
- 2.3 Fiber health benefits: Fiber foods good for diabetes
- 2.4 Fiber health benefits: Reduce constipation
- 2.5 Fiber health benefits: Support the digestive system
- 2.6 Fiber health benefits: Prevention of colon cancer
- 3. Nutritious and High-fiber foods
1. What is the fiber?
✅ Fiber is found in plant foods, with two types of fiber, water-soluble and water-insoluble. Water-soluble fiber is found in many types of beans such as soybeans, beans, kidney beans, vegetables, fruits, etc. The insoluble fiber is water-soluble, such as unrefined grain, vegetables. This fiber absorbs water, increasing the volume of waste, which makes the process of waste disposal faster. The recommended dietary fiber for people is at least 20-25g / person/day. Use natural fiber instead of processed fiber to be healthier. Do not eat too much-cooked fiber, as it will turn into powdered sugar which is not only unhealthy but can also cause hyperglycemia. When eating foods with fiber, you need to drink plenty of water or fluids to help push the soluble fiber or swell in water and through the intestine easily.
2. Top 6 fiber health benefits
✅ The soluble fiber helps to keep you full for a long time to help prevent overweight, obesity, prevent diarrhea, and bacterial gastrointestinal disorders while contributing to lowering blood cholesterol. They are also food for the beneficial bacteria in the intestines, reducing the fat emulsification of food and eliminating them from the body.
✅ Insoluble fiber enters the intestine, helping to create stool, stimulating the rectum to work gently, preventing constipation. Like soluble fiber, insoluble fiber also contributes to water retention when food moves, increasing the fermentation of bacteria in the large intestine while preventing the absorption of toxins from food…
2.1 Fiber health benefits: Weight loss
✅ Overweight people often eat a lot, especially fat, so excess energy accumulates in the body to create obesity. Foods high in fiber are low in fat, ideal for those who want to lose weight. Moreover, Foods rich in fiber that is not digested and absorbed in the stomach, often make people feel full and full for a long time, thus reducing appetite, preventing overweight and obesity. The recommended dietary fiber for overweight people is 35 grams/day.
2.2 Fiber health benefits: Prevention of Cardiovascular disease
✅ Increased bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood is a cause of some cardiovascular diseases because they cause the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the blood vessels causing strokes, heart attacks. In the intestine, the water-absorbing fiber expands and holds the bile salts and then pushes it out in the feces thus reducing the reabsorption of bile salts. This reduces the absorption of cholesterol from food into the bloodstream thereby reducing harmful cholesterol (LDL). Therefore, a diet high in fiber helps to lower blood cholesterol levels.
2.3 Fiber health benefits: Fiber foods good for diabetes
✅ Diabetes is a condition in which blood sugar rises. The disease is caused by insulin deficiency or by reducing the effect of insulin in the body (Insulin is a hormone of the pancreas secreted to transport glucose from the blood into cells for use). A sensible and scientific diet can help keep blood sugar normal. Foods with fiber, especially water-soluble fiber, help stabilize blood sugar levels, reduce sugar after meals because it prevents sugar from being absorbed into the intestines. Moreover, people with diabetes also have atherosclerotic complications because metabolic disorders cause triglycerides to rise. Fiber can lower triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and raise good HDL cholesterol. Good food sources for diabetics are red rice, brown rice, whole grains, black bread, etc.
2.4 Fiber health benefits: Reduce constipation
✅ People who suffer from long-term constipation often feel tired and uncomfortable because the toxin that accumulates in the body affects the nervous system. Fiber is effective against constipation because when it enters the body, it absorbs more water, increases the weight of the stool, and stimulates the intestine to increase contraction to expel the stool. Daily defecation helps the body to flush toxins regularly and to avoid absorbing toxins from the stool into the bloodstream.
2.5 Fiber health benefits: Support the digestive system
✅ Fiber is not absorbed and used by the body, but it is the main food source of the intestinal microflora. They are capable of breaking down and assimilating fiber. Fiber creates the best conditions for the growth of beneficial bacteria. This has the effect of regulating the intestinal flora, which enhances the absorption process in the intestine and reduces digestive disorders.
2.6 Fiber health benefits: Prevention of colon cancer
✅ Colon cancer is more and more likely due to the frequent use of meats instead of vegetables. So nutritionists encourage reducing fat consumption and increasing fiber-rich foods to reduce colon cancer. Fiber has the effect of preventing cancer cell growth, because it reduces the toxicity of carcinogens by diluting or neutralizing it, reducing the time that waste moves in the intestines. Reducing the amount of time your colon exposes to toxic components keeps it from becoming inflamed and leading to cancer.
3. Nutritious and High-fiber foods
The following foods are not only rich in fiber, but also contain many other nutritious compounds like vitamins and antioxidants that are good for health.
- Black beans (16 grams of fiber / 100 grams of food): Black beans contain a lot of substances called anthocyanins that help the beans have a distinctive purple-black color. This is one of the antioxidants that reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. What’s more, black beans are a good source of plant protein.
- Raspberries (7gr fiber / 100gr food): In addition to fiber, raspberries also contain lots of antioxidants and vitamin C. it can be eaten separately or served with yogurt/salad.
- Chia seeds (34 grams of fiber / 100 grams of food): Not only do they contain lots of fiber, but they also contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for many internal organs. You can put it in lemonade, yogurt, smoothie, or salad as you like.
- Broccoli (2.6 grams of fiber / 100 grams of food): Broccoli is a low-energy food but high in folic acid, which helps protect the body from stomach/bowel cancer. It also contains lots of vitamin K to keep bones strong. The best way to use broccoli is to steam the water, which will retain more of the micronutrients.
- Sweet potatoes (3 grams of fiber / 100 grams of food): Sweet potatoes are a good source of calcium, potassium, vitamins A and C – these substances will help the immune system and bones strong. According to recent scientific research, potassium also helps to regulate blood pressure.
- Apple (2.4 grams of fiber / 100 grams of food): The saying “eat an apple a day, you won’t have to see a doctor” is not wrong at all because apples contain a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado (7 grams of fiber per 100 grams of food): In addition to healthy fats, avocados are high in fiber. Just adding half an avocado to each meal will make us feel fuller and more delicious.
Recommended for you :
🎁 Navitas | Organics Chia Seeds
✅ Navitas Organics bringing you super-simple, super-nutritious superfoods give you the energy you need to live each day to the fullest. All Navitas products are USDA Organic & Non-GMO certified. Make sure food is not only nutritious but also safe and really good for health. You can use Navitas’ chia seeds as a perfect addition to smoothies, adding great nutrition and high density to any smoothie. They have many effects:
- Beneficial Fats: Chia is abundant in essential omega-3 fatty acids, which are necessary for optimal functioning.
- Digestive Support: Creating a tapioca pudding-like gel when soaked. In the body, this gelatinous transformation supports digestion and detoxification.