Nutrition for the development of the body is very important. However, eating enough nutrients does not mean you get enough energy throughout the day. Why so? By you can not absorb all that nutrients. This comes from many different reasons and most of which you can completely fix. To make the most of the energy in food, you need to enhance nutrient absorption in the small intestine.
1. Why the Intestinal tract poorly absorbed?
✅ It is a fact that despite a diet full of nutrients, the poor absorption of the intestinal tract leads to a deficiency of important nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and proteins. This leads to a condition where the body does not develop normally and affects many health problems. The nutrient intestinal malabsorption may be due to:
- Using oral antibiotics for a long time. This is what I have said, antibiotics will reduce beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
- Damage to the intestinal mucosa due to infection or a decrease in congenital absorption surface, congenital malformations such as biliary tract stenosis.
- Having a number of diseases like the weakened pancreas, inflammatory bowel disease, chronic pancreatitis.
- Due to an enzyme deficiency, do not adequately supplement lactase, enteropeptidase, disaccharidase, protease.
- Some parasites cause diseases such as roundworms, hookworm, pinworm, and tapeworms …
- Some diseases affecting the digestive tract such as diabetes, hyperparathyroidism, pituitary gland.
👨⚕️ Many of the causes I give are dangerous pathologies, you need to identify the exact cause for appropriate treatment.
2. Manifestations poor nutrient absorption
✅ The common manifestations of this condition are divided into two types, one is a manifestation in the digestive system, and the other is the related expression in the absence of necessary absorption nutrients, it can be:
- Feces contain lots of undigested food, also known as raw feces.
- Often have diarrhea, vomiting, bloating.
- The body does not want to eat, tired, and lose weight quickly. Anemia, palpitations, severe weakness.
- Due to not absorbing enough nutrients, the body is deficient in vitamins and calcium, causing poor vision, dry skin, and weak nerves such as paralysis of limbs. Lack of vitamin K should cause bleeding or bruising easily on the body. Lack of vitamin D should weak muscles, muscle spasms, fracture bones, frequent infections.
3. Enhance nutrient absorption at home
👨⚕️You should note that there are many causes of serious illnesses that need to be treated first. These solutions are only supportive to improve the manifestations.
- Drink plenty of water every day or add fruit juice, herbal tea, and eat a lot of soup at meals to help limit food leftovers in the stomach.
- Eat more complex carbohydrate foods, including foods like rice, pasta, flour, oatmeal.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits to add minerals and vitamins, especially ripe papaya.
- Limit fatty foods like fatty meats, greasy foods, fries, butter, and chocolate.
- You should split and eat many meals a day. For people who are difficult to absorb nutrients, do not overeat at once. This is to avoid decreased bowel motility, which affects the intestinal absorption.
- Use some herbs like ginger to increase nutrient absorption more easily.
Foods to include in your diet to improve digestion and eliminate health problems such as constipation, bloating, heartburn, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) …
- Apples are an excellent source of soluble fiber called pectin. This fiber is broken down in the colon by friendly bacteria (Eubacterium eligens and Lachnospira pectinoschiza). Pectin aids in improving bowel movement by increasing stool volume and limiting constipation and diarrhea. In addition, apples reduce inflammation in the colon and intestinal infections.
- Yogurt: With abundant beneficial bacteria, yogurt helps improve digestion by preventing problems such as constipation, bloating, diarrhea …
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds help friendly gut bacteria grow. In addition, its fiber content helps regulate bowel movement well and prevents constipation.
- Papaya: Papaya helps digest proteins with the help of a powerful digestive enzyme called papain. This enzyme may also aid in alleviating the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) such as bloating and constipation.
- Ginger: Ginger is a great food to speed up the digestive process by increasing the process of transferring food to the small intestine from the stomach. It also helps in curbing nausea and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Beetroot: If you want to increase your natural digestion, choose red beets. This food is great for improving digestion, treating constipation, and abdominal pain. They are rich in fiber, potassium, and magnesium which help support digestion.
- Bananas: Bananas are one of the best foods to digest. They also treat diarrhea and help maintain regular bowel movements. They are rich in electrolytes and potassium that help improve digestion.
- Sweet potatoes: Eating sweet potatoes with their skins will help improve your digestive process. Sweet potatoes also help heal stomach and intestinal sores. In addition, sweet potatoes contain abundant fiber, which is a food that helps laxative.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 BioSchwartz | Probiotic 40 Billion CFU
✅ At BioSchwartz, they believe a healthy gut is a happy gut. Their mission is to empower you to elevate your quality of life through superior supplements. Their supplements are made with superior-quality ingredients to help you achieve optimal health from the inside out. Their top-selling Probiotic features the MAKTrek patented stomach acid protection and delivery system. This can allow strains to survive stomach acid and reach deep into the small intestine to support a healthy gut. Their advanced strength formula can even reach your large intestine. Adding probiotics to your daily routine has been shown to potentially help with:
- Supporting Digestive Health
- Restoring Natural Balance
- Immune System Support
- Promoting Regularity
- Boosting Nutrient Absorption
- Promoting Healthy Cholesterol