Skin health is important, not just for beauty. Some people are born with healthy, smooth skin, and the rest of us … don’t. Did you know that skin is actually an organ in the body? To keep them healthy you also need to provide adequate nutrients such as Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C, vitamin E, and Beta-carotene. These best foods for healthy skin can help keep your skin moisturized, make your skin more beautiful, and give you more confidence.
- 1. Attention in diet for healthy skin
- 2. Top 10 best foods for healthy skin
- 2.1 Best foods for healthy skin: Fatty fish
- 2.2 Best foods for healthy skin: Avocado
- 2.3 Best foods for healthy skin: Walnuts
- 2.4 Best foods for healthy skin: Red or yellow bell peppers
- 2.5 Best foods for healthy skin: Broccoli
- 2.6 Best foods for healthy skin: Sweet potato
- 2.7 Best foods for healthy skin: Tomato
- 1.8 Best foods for healthy skin: Soybean
- 1.9 Best foods for healthy skin: Green tea
- 1.10 Best foods for healthy skin: Red wine
- 2. Food harmful to the skin
1. Attention in diet for healthy skin
✅ Eat vegetables every meal of the day: Vegetables are not only rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, beta carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin E, which are important antioxidants that protect your skin.
✅ Eat lots of foods that contain water and drink lots of water each day: If you don’t eat enough foods that contain water and your skin is not provided and adequate water intake will make the skin aging process faster and stronger. Eating fruit or vegetable with lots of water is similar to regular water intake.
✅ Exercise, reduce stress and get enough sleep.
- Science has found that stress is closely related to acne, especially for women. Stress causes the body to release more androgens and cortisol from the adrenal glands, which in turn increases oil secretion in the skin, leading to acne.
- Lack of sleep affects the skin’s natural protective function, makes the skin dry, and increases sensitive skin. From there, the epidermis becomes weak and affects the function of the skin’s protective barrier. This is especially the case when the skin is exposed to toxic chemicals and environmental pollution.
- Regular exercise helps to increase blood circulation. This is extremely beneficial for cases of acne or psoriasis because exercise helps bring more oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
✅ Minimize the use of products that are harmful to health (cigarettes, alcohol, coffee).
- Tobacco interferes with the delivery of oxygen to skin cells, making the skin less smooth and promoting skin aging.
- Alcohol dilates blood vessels of the skin and makes the face red. When the capillaries expand, the moisture in the skin will be lost, the skin will become dehydrated, the skin will become rough and rough, and the pressure on the liver will be reduced and glutathione will be reduced in the skin cells – the key substance. It helps prevent skin damage caused by ultraviolet rays which in turn causes the skin to develop wrinkles and increase the likelihood of pigmentation.
- Coffee contains 1 to 2% of caffeine. Caffeine expands blood vessels in the skin and increases sebum secretion, causing the skin to become dehydrated. As a result, the skin becomes rough and rough, the capillaries expand, the face becomes red, the skin becomes dry and worse, causes the skin to age quickly.
2. Top 10 best foods for healthy skin
2.1 Best foods for healthy skin: Fatty fish
- Fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel, and herring, are great foods for healthy skin. They are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining skin health. Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary to keep the skin thick, soft, and moisturized. In fact, the lack of omega-3 fats can dry out the skin.
- Fatty fish is also a source of vitamin E, one of the most important antioxidants for the skin. Getting enough vitamin E is necessary to protect the skin against damage and inflammation by free radicals.
- They are also the source of the high-quality protein needed to create structural proteins that maintain the skin’s durability and integrity.
- Finally, fish is a good source of zinc- a substance that can overcome the situation dermatitis, skin damage, and delayed wound healing.
2.2 Best foods for healthy skin: Avocado
✅ Butter contains a lot of fat. These fats are beneficial for many functions in the body, including skin health. Avocados are also a good source of vitamin E and vitamin C. Vitamin E is an important antioxidant that helps protect the skin from oxidation. Vitamin C is also essential for healthy skin. Skin needs it to make collagen, which is the main structural protein that keeps the skin healthy. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant that protects your skin from oxidative damage from the sun and the environment.
2.3 Best foods for healthy skin: Walnuts
✅ Walnuts are higher in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids than most other nuts. Walnuts contain a balanced proportion of fatty acids, and thus can fight the inflammatory response caused by too much omega-6. Too much omega-6 increases inflammation, including dermatological diseases like psoriasis. On the other hand, omega-3 fats help reduce inflammation in the body, including in the skin. Walnuts also contain small amounts of antioxidants such as vitamin E, vitamin C, and selenium.
2.4 Best foods for healthy skin: Red or yellow bell peppers
✅ Bell peppers are an excellent source of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene helps keep skin healthy by acting as a natural sunscreen. They are also one of the best sources of vitamin C, an antioxidant that is essential for the production of collagen protein, which helps keep skin healthy.
2.5 Best foods for healthy skin: Broccoli
✅ Broccoli is on this list because it contains many vitamins and minerals important for skin health, including zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C. It also contains lutein, a carotene that works like beta-carotene. It protects the skin from oxidative damage, which can cause dryness and wrinkling of the skin.
2.6 Best foods for healthy skin: Sweet potato
✅ Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of Beta-carotene. When consumed, this antioxidant combines with the skin and protects skin cells from the sun. This can help prevent sunburn, cell death, and the consequences of dry and wrinkled skin.
2.7 Best foods for healthy skin: Tomato
✅ Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C and contain all the major carotene, including lycopene. Food tomatoes are great for maintaining healthy skin.
1.8 Best foods for healthy skin: Soybean
✅ Soy contains isoflavones. Isoflavones not only protect the cells inside the body from damage but also protect the skin from damage caused by UV rays.
1.9 Best foods for healthy skin: Green tea
✅ Green tea also has the ability to protect the skin from damage and aging. The powerful compounds found in green tea are called catechins, and they work to protect and improve skin health in many ways.
1.10 Best foods for healthy skin: Red wine
✅ Red wine is famous for containing resveratrol, a compound derived from the red grape skin, which is said to have many health benefits, and reducing the effects of aging is one of the outstanding benefits. Unfortunately, there is not much evidence that resveratrol from a glass of red wine is enough to make a difference to your skin. Because red wine is an alcoholic beverage, it has negative effects when taken in excess.
2. Food harmful to the skin
Aside from foods that are good for the skin, you need to limit the following foods. They cause skin pimples, fast aging, and melasma.
- Foods high in sugar: This type of food that is bad for your skin causes your blood sugar levels to rise, leading to an excess of insulin and androgens – a major reason for your body to have excess sebum acne. Not only that, but they are also very harmful to health because they make you more likely to gain weight, diabetes, heart, and brain diseases.
- Carbonated beverages: Carbonated beverages are the culprit that wreaks havoc on your skin very quickly. One thing is for sure, the more you ingest these substances, the faster you will age, the faster your skin will age even if you use lotions.
- Processed foods: They are high in saturated fats, free radicals, and preservatives that are toxic to your skin and health, causing heart disease, blood pressure, and even cancer.
- The food is too salty: Skin texture will be severely damaged if you overuse salt for a long time. When you eat too much salt, more sodium ions will disrupt the balance of the skin leading to dehydration of cells, especially skin cells. The skin becomes dry, losing elasticity as well as accelerating the aging process of the skin, the skin will become swollen and less vibrant. Not only that salt is a dangerous cause of high blood pressure, increased burden on the heart and kidneys, tracheitis, and aggravation of intestinal diseases …