Body odor makes you not confident in communication, affect your work and life. There are many factors that make your body odor worse than normal. Food is the direct factor causing odors, especially the smell in men. Some foods that make your body smell like coffee, alcohol, spices, onions, garlic, fish, dog meat, mustard … If body smell makes you not confident in communication, affect your work and life, you can use these 5 effective ways to stop body odor at home.
1. The cause of body odor
To limit body odor, we have to know what causes body odor to be overcome. Here are the basic causes of body odor that we most often encounter.
- Excretory glands are the cause of body odor: Human skin excretory glands have two types: apocrine and eccrine. Eccrine is distributed in most areas of the body and is associated with the function of regulating body temperature. This means that when the body is hot, it secretes a lot and vice versa. Apocrine has nothing to do with thermostats but is responsible for producing human odors. If this gland is overactive it will cause an unpleasant odor.
- Less bathing, shampooing: People often dirty on people with a lot of bacteria, sweat secreted a lot. As a result, the stronger the sweat activity of the bacteria, the stronger the odor will become.
- Due to bad eating habits: Spicy eating, stimulant drinking are unhealthy eating habits that will make the sweat gland more active. Excessive sweating, that amount of sweat combined with bacteria is the cause of armpit odor. In addition, food lacks zinc, tooth decay also causes body odor. Limit foods like garlic, onions, asparagus, and coffee, as they increase the secretion of sweat glands and create a body odor.
- Stress: When you are too stressed or worried about something, the large sweat glands will release a fatty acid in the form of liquid, fat, protein. Once exposed to bacteria on the skin will turn into a type of insoluble fatty acid. This is the cause of the bad smell.
- Due to side effects of the drug: Using certain drugs such as antipsychotic drugs, depressants, antipyretic drugs, etc. can increase body sweat. In addition, postpartum women due to hormonal changes also cause body odor.
2. 5 ways to stop body odor at home
2.1 Ways to stop body odor: Use a deodorant roller
✅ The deodorant roller is a familiar solution for armpit odor. The odor comes from bacteria, and deodorant roll contains antibacterial ingredients to stop that smell. However, in the summer, this method of deodorizing is not effective because the skin under the arms is often sweaty.
2.2 Ways to stop body odor: Change diet
- Spicy smells like garlic, chili, onions, etc. are also causes of a slight body odor. These foods cause your body to sweat a lot and your body smell. Therefore, modifying the meal is also an effective way to deodorize the body.
- Eat foods containing probiotics to control the growth of bacteria. Probiotics are natural bacteria that benefit the intestinal tract and help control the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut. This food will help you improve your overall health because unpleasant odors can be a problem with digestive problems.
- Eat enough green vegetables to help control the smell. Not eating enough green vegetables is also a cause of body odor. Green vegetables contain chlorophyllin, a natural odor-absorbing substance.
- Give up smoking. Smoking or chewing tobacco can produce free radicals that are harmful to the body. These habits can also cause bacteria to form on the skin and cause odors.
- Drink plenty of water to purify the body. Water is a great solvent that helps flush out all toxins from the body.
2.3 Ways to stop body odor: Regular body hygiene
- Bathe daily to wash away sweat and odor-causing bacteria. Body odor is caused by bacteria reacting to sweat produced by the sweat glands, so regular bathing is important. You should use soap and antiseptic oils that are both hygienic and naturally fragrant. After bathing, remember to wipe yourself dry. This is especially necessary for areas where the body smells bad.
- Eliminate bacterial growth medium to reduce odor. For example, shaving armpit hair may be helpful in reducing body odor. In addition, you should also regularly clean the inside of the shoe, as this can be a favorable environment for bacteria to grow.
- Wear clean cotton clothes for ventilation. Cotton clothes allow the skin to breathe and reduce perspiration, so you can help keep your skin healthy, dry, and odorless.
2.4 Ways to stop body odor: Reduce stress
✅ It sounds ridiculous but stress is also a cause of body odor. When you’re stressed at work or life, your body releases another type of sweat, usually in the genital area and underarm area. This liquid is a combination of water and fat, an ideal environment for bacteria to multiply and produce odors. Therefore, avoiding stress such as meditation, yoga, or relaxing your mind will help you reduce body odor.
2.5 Ways to stop body odor: Use baking soda or apple cider vinegar
✅ Baking soda has the ability to absorb sweat and deodorizing the body. Besides, this substance can also kill bacteria and cleanse the skin, bringing cool, dry skin. Make a mixture of baking soda and lemonade. Next, you apply this mixture to areas of skin often sweat. Then let stand for a few minutes, then rinse with clean water. Perform this method every day for several weeks, you will have immediate results as expected.
✅ Besides, apple cider vinegar is also a good material in eliminating body odor. Very simply, you just wet the towel with apple cider vinegar. Then rub gently on the skin to deodorize, leave for a few minutes, and rinse with clean water.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Carpe’s suite of antiperspirant solutions
✅ Carpe’s suite of antiperspirant solutions is recommended by dermatologists to combat sweating in 6 body locations: arms, legs, breast, armpits, groin. The product set is 100% non-irritating, uses moisturizing ingredients to gently soothe the skin.
1️⃣ Carpe Antiperspirant Hand Lotion
✅ Carpe’s clinically proven antiperspirant hand lotion was specifically designed to stop sweaty, clammy hands, and help manage the symptoms of excessive hand sweat. Achieve zero sweat, restore confidence, and enjoy life with dry hands!
👌EASY TO USE: With a pea-sized amount of Carpe Antiperspirant Lotion you can reduce sweat without side effects. Apply every night and morning for best results, and say goodbye to your sweaty, clammy hands.
2️⃣ Carpe Antiperspirant Foot Lotion
✅ Carpe’s clinically proven antiperspirant hand lotion was specifically designed to stop sweaty, smelly feet, and help manage the symptoms of plantar hyperhidrosis or excessive foot sweat. Achieve zero sweat, restore confidence, and enjoy life with fresh, dry feet!
👌EASY TO USE: With a pea-sized amount of Carpe Antiperspirant Lotion you can reduce sweat without side effects. Apply every night and morning for best results, and say goodbye to your sweaty, stinky feet.
3️⃣ Carpe Underarm Antiperspirant and Deodorant
✅ Carpe’s clinically proven antiperspirant and deodorant were specifically designed to stop underarm sweat and help manage the symptoms of hyperhidrosis. Achieve zero sweat, restore confidence, and enjoy life with dry and fresh underarms!
👌 EASY TO USE: With a pea-sized amount of Carpe Antiperspirant Lotion you can instantly reduce sweat without side effects. Apply daily for best results and say goodbye to your sweaty, smelly underarms without having to suffer from the side effects associated with other solutions.
4️⃣ Carpe No-Sweat Face – Helps Keep Your Face
✅ Carpe No Sweat Face is the solution to help men and women control the appearance of sweating and face perspiration; it also helps reduce the appearance of upper lip sweat, forehead sweat, and sweaty scalp. Reduce the shine! Carpe No Sweat Face delivers a quick dry down with a smooth matte finish that provides great shine control for your face, forehead, and scalp. It’s a simple way to help prevent oily face and skin.
👌 EASY TO USE: Apply to a clean, dry face in the morning, paying attention to areas of specific concern. Apply alone or as a primer before makeup, sunscreen, or other products. Touch up throughout the day by patting onto target areas, if needed.
5️⃣ Carpe No-Sweat Groin Powder (For Men)
✅ Most sweat-absorbing powders don’t focus on the problem: the sweat. Say goodbye to the annoying, sticky, unclean feeling of a sweaty groin. Carpe’s powder combines some of the most effective sweat and moisture-absorbing ingredients available, to deliver maximum targeted wetness relief with the precision pump applicator. When the powder hits your skin, the sensation is unlike anything else, with a slap of cooling menthol joined by the fresh tingle of marigold, rosemary, sage, and aloe vera extracts. It’s completely talc-free; using powders of corn, tapioca, and kaolin instead. The result is a feeling that’s fresh, clean, and most importantly, dry.
👌 EASY TO USE: Unfold the patented applicator’s nozzle and articulate it to aim the powder where it’s needed. Give it a pump, and feel the powder gently dust your target area with comfort.