Stomach pain is a very common disease in modern society today. The disease is associated with the habit of staying up late, a modern diet with fast food, with the drugs used every day. If detected early and treated promptly, the disease can be completely cured, on the contrary, it can lead to dangerous complications. This is also considered one of the leading causes of body weakness. Knowing the basic information about the disease such as the cause, common symptoms and treatment will help the patient be more active if unfortunately ill.
1. What is stomach pain?
✅ Stomach pain is a common gastrointestinal disease. When the stomach is hurt, it causes unpleasant, dull pain. In addition, when suffering from stomach pain, the patient will also face heartburn, gas, and bloating. The most typical location of gastric pain is in the epigastrium.
✅ This is the term we often refer to as two completely different diseases: gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, but they often go hand in hand. A peptic ulcer is an ulcerative lesion on the lining of the stomach or duodenum. These lesions occur when an imbalance between protective and attack factors occurs in the stomach-duodenum.
- Attack factors: pepsin, HCl acid, H. pylori, alcohol, nicotine …
- Protective factors: bicarbonate, mucus layer, prostaglandin …
✅ Specifically, predominant attack factors (mainly due to increased secretion of HCL acid) make the protective factors of the stomach-duodenum weaken and vulnerable. Stomach ulcers occur 4 times more in the duodenum.
2. Cause of this disease?
- HP (Helicobacter pylori) bacteria: These bacteria, after invading, will live and grow in the mucous membrane of the human stomach lining. They secrete toxins that are toxic to gastric mucosa cells. They are the main cause of gastritis.
- Frequent use of analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs: Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs, when used for a long time, inhibit the protective substances on the stomach lining causing pain and ulcers.
- Stress: Stress, sadness, anger, anxiety, fear, causing an imbalance in the function of the stomach, causing gastric secretion to increase, and demolish the protective lining of the stomach that causes ulcers.
- Eating and living: Eating improperly, without moderation, eating too full or too hungry leads to stomach contraction, increases gastric secretion and mucosal protective layer damage leads to inflammation and ulcer.
- Drinking alcohol: The alcohol content in alcohol has a very negative effect on the stomach, they can destroy the protective mucus layer just above the stomach lining. If you regularly drink alcohol, the mucous membrane will gradually wear out, which will eventually lead to ulceration and bleeding.
- Smoking: The stomach is also one of the organs directly affected by cigarette smoke. The nicotine content inside cigarettes will stimulate the excretion of substances that erode the stomach lining (hydrochloric acid and pepsin), and inhibit the synthesis of neutralizers, causing the layer The stomach lining is attacked, damaged and caused by ulcers.
3. So am I sick?
You base on 5 symptoms I raised :
- Pain in the epigastrium: Some people have dull abdominal pain, but some also have severe pain. Pain in the upper abdomen is one of the typical signs of early-stage gastric ulcer and appear when you’re too hungry or too full.
- Heartburn, belching: This is a symptom of stomach pain common in patients. If you suddenly have heartburn and constant bloating, see your doctor right away.
- Feeling bloated, a full stomach, undigested. Having a full stomach after eating is a feeling that may indicate you have mild stomach pain.
- Vomiting or nausea is the phenomenon the stomach food is pushed out through the mouth. This is a symptom of mild stomach pain common in the majority of patients.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding: Gastrointestinal bleeding is severe symptoms of stomach pain. If the person who is in this situation doesn’t get emergency help right away, his life will be in danger. When the patient has stomach bleeding, there will be symptoms such as vomiting blood, bloody diarrhea, black stools …
4. Recommended for you :
- Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Our pure, potent spices, seasonings and extracts bring a real bite to everything you make, eat, and share. Their goal is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
- Simply Organic Turmeric Root Ground Certified Organic comes in 2.38-ounce containers. Also known as Indian saffron and yellow root, this bright yellow powder is the dried and ground rhizome of the Curcuma longa root, which is a member of the ginger (Zingiberaceae) family. Their ground turmeric (Curcuma longa) root contains a minimum of 4% curcumin — the key component people look for.No GMOs.Not irradiated.Deep, golden-yellow hue. Pungent, distinctive aroma.