Surely each of us has at least once been stressed at work, life as well as in daily relationships. There are many ways to deal with stress, one of which is diet. Reduce stress foods helps improve the situation in many ways. Instant foods like oatmeal contribute to serotonin – a chemical that helps calm the brain. Other foods can reduce cortisol and adrenaline levels as well as reduce the amount of stress hormone in the body over time. A healthy diet counteracts the effects of stress by protecting the immune system and avoiding hypotension.
- 1. The cause of stress
- 2. The effects of stress on health
- 3. Reduce stress foods list
- 4. Recommended for you :
1. The cause of stress
There are many different causes of stress, for treatment as well as for prevention, it is necessary to know its origin and cause.
- From the outside environment: Changing weather, air pollution, smog, traffic, noise are one of the indirect factors that make you feel tired and uncomfortable.
- Pressure from work, family, and society: too much work and urgent deadline, family, social, financial conflicts, psychological shock … easily stressed.
- Health problems: the body suffers from constant illnesses that make you mentally depressed, depressed and tired. Due to physical as well as psychological impact, you do not want to do anything.
- Thinking about yourself: You pressure yourself, stress yourself. So you need to learn how to make them simple to help you live happier every day.
When you to cope with stress, the body needs more energy. This is why when stressed your body feels very tired. In this situation, we need to eat or drink more to make up for the energy lost. The following foods both reduce stress and re-create energy for you.
2. The effects of stress on health
Scientific studies have shown that stress greatly affects the body. Because it not only affects the mental health of the patient, it also increases the risk of symptoms and other serious illnesses:
- Negative effects on the brain: When stressed, the brain’s cells are deprived of oxygen making them work less effectively, even die. According to research by Yale University, the longer and the more severe the stress, the gray matter will lower the risk and the brain will shrink, leading to memory loss and difficulty concentrating at work, study. Studies show that compared to people with normal stress hormone levels, people with higher levels of stress hormones have lower memory and thinking ability and brain volume decreases by 0.2% to 0.5%. Not only that, but prolonged stress will also cause a number of more serious mental illnesses than anxiety disorders, depression, or Alzheimer’s disease.
- Inducing stomach pain: When under stress, nerve conduction signals through the vagus nerve have a strong impact on the functioning of the stomach, causing stomach ulcers and gastroesophageal reflux. At the same time, stress affects intestinal function, imbalances intestinal flora, causing diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease with manifestations such as abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion …
- Risk of stroke: Prolonged stress can increase the risk of stroke. As is well known, strokes are more likely to occur when patients have excessive emotions in case they already have a mental illness. In a few studies, people with stress were at greater risk of stroke than normal people. If long-term stress is not treated promptly, stroke is the most frightening thing for the patient.
- Negative effects on skin and hair: Prolonged stress is harmful to skin and hair, in particular, promoting acne and increasing hair loss for patients. The stress hormones stress the brain and have an adverse effect on the skin causing the skin on the face to be damaged to cause acne and the scalp to become more sensitive causing hair loss.
3. Reduce stress foods list
3.1 Reduce stress foods : Fatty fish
✅Foods with high levels of DHA, including salmon and other fish such as tuna, sturgeon, mackerel, sardines, herring, and swordfish, can reduce stress. Salmon is very rich in protein to help accelerate the metabolism, increase energy for the body. The fatty acids in salmon also help reduce inflammation, help the body reduce stress, fatigue.
3.2 Reduce stress foods : Kinds of bean
✅ Legumes like lentils and other legumes are thought to reduce stress. It is a good source of amino acids, B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, and mixed carbohydrates. Deficiencies in some important minerals, such as magnesium and calcium, can also cause symptoms of stress, fear, or memory loss.
3.3 Reduce stress foods : Tea
✅ Tea can curb stress thanks to the gentle, relaxing aroma found in herbs (especially the chrysanthemum aroma). In particular, green tea also has high levels of the active ingredient EGCG – an antioxidant compound that has an effective effect in helping to increase resistance, keep your body healthy, fight external pathogens, and boost your spirits, pleasure and cool down life.
3.4 Reduce stress foods : Whole grains
✅ Sometimes we become irritable, angry simply because we feel hungry. In the meantime, a snack can help balance your mood. Ingredients of whole-grain carbohydrates help produce serotonin – the active ingredient in fighting panic, confusion, and depression. These foods are also high in folate, which is linked to increased happiness and happiness.
3.5 Green leafy vegetables
✅ Eating vegetables is beneficial for health, because in some dark leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, kale … contain abundant amounts of substances such as iron, protein, vitamin B9 stimulates the production of the hormone dopamine, a neurotransmitter that benefits the brain, such as creating joy and helping people stay calm, reduce stress, and promote positive emotions.
3.6 Reduce stress foods : Yogurt
✅ Yogurt contains Lactobacillus Rhamnosus – A type of bacteria that can reduce the amount of the hormone Corticosterone which causes stress and anxiety. This helps bring a sense of relaxation, fun, and more spirit to study and work better.
3.7 Reduce stress foods : Chocolate
✅ Dark chocolate is an excellent source of tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acid, a precursor to serotonin-Serotonin, a neurotransmitter that reduces feelings of depression and anxiety. Because chocolate contains tryptophan, eating chocolates is thought to increase serotonin levels in the brain, thereby helping you improve your emotions and feel calmer.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Famous chocolate brands
1️⃣ Ghirardelli is famous as a chocolate manufacturing company in America. Ghirardelli is considered a chocolate brand that has earned the trust of customers and is stable throughout a long time.
Ghirardelli is one of the few companies in the US that controls almost the entire process of chocolate production. The sweetness that comes from this brand’s chocolate products will surely be a great gift for couples on Valentine’s Day.
2️⃣ Lindt & Spugli chocolate brand: Switzerland is a country with many mountains and plateaus. Although there is no land for cocoa, it is surprising that this is one of the world’s leading chocolate producers. The Swiss loved chocolate so much that they created an association to produce and export this candy. Nowhere does chocolate taste as good as in Zurich. In which Lindt & Spugli is a famous chocolate brand in this country.
🎁 Navitas Organics Cacao Powder
✅ Navitas Organics bringing you super-simple, super-nutritious superfoods give you the energy you need to live each day to the fullest. All Navitas products are USDA Organic & Non-GMO certified. Make sure food is not only nutritious but also safe and really good for health.
✅ Navitas Organics Cacao Powder is made from unroasted and cold-pressed organic, Fairtrade cacao beans—the best quality cacao to help your body thrive! Nutrient-rich alternative to regular cocoa powder: Provides 25% DV magnesium, 10% DV iron, 18% DV fiber and 700mg antioxidants (flavanols) per serving. Directions: Simply swap 1:1 with unsweetened cocoa powder! Delicious in smoothies, hot cocoa, brownies, cakes, and more.