Shoulder and neck pain is one of the leading common diseases that cause many difficulties in daily life and work. Not only does the patient feel tired, uncomfortable, but the neck and shoulder pain is also a sign of much dangerous bone and joint diseases such as a degenerative cervical vertebra, disc herniation … In addition to using pain medications, you can use other methods that are both safe and effective for curing shoulder and neck pain.
- 1. What is shoulder and neck pain?
- 2. Cause of shoulder and neck pain
- 3. Treatment of shoulder and neck pain at home
- 4.Recommended for you :
1. What is shoulder and neck pain?
✅ Shoulder and neck pain is a condition in which the pain occurs when the muscles in the shoulder and neck stiffen and are limited in the movement of the neck or head. The pain usually occurs in the morning when waking up. This disease is related to the musculoskeletal system and blood vessels in the shoulder and nape. The disease usually takes place suddenly, unexpectedly. There are many cases of patients who wake up feeling pain in the neck, shoulders, and nape. Therefore, the first indication that a patient feels is muscle pain in the neck, nape, shoulders, and upper back.
✅ Initially, the patient will experience mild pain, neck and neck pain, and difficulty moving the neck. The patient can only tilt to the left or right without being able to pass back. This happens randomly or after hard work, fatigue, or stress.
2. Cause of shoulder and neck pain
2.1 Due to living habits
- Misbehaving activities such as sleeping with your head up, lying on your side, and curled up…. will affect the process of supplying oxygen to muscle cells. When the muscle is not getting enough blood, the neck, shoulders, and neck are more susceptible to pain and stiffness.
- Sitting long in front of fans, air conditioning, night bath routine, Frequent exposure to the sun will disrupt the vascular and nerve systems that regulate the supply of nutrients to the nape of the neck and neck muscles.
- Overwork or incorrect posture causes the muscles to stretch for too long, causing an imbalance of micronutrients in the muscles.
2.2 Neurological dysfunction
✅ The nerves in the neck of the neck are stretched, or stretched excessively can cause neurological dysfunction in this area. This is also a common cause of shoulder and neck pain.
✅ Shoulder and neck pain can be a sign of bone and joint injuries such as a degenerative cervical vertebra, herniated disc, scapular joint, etc. operation function.
3. Treatment of shoulder and neck pain at home
3.1 Rest to relax your neck muscles
✅ The neck and the back of the neck malfunction for a long time, causing pain. To reduce this situation quickly, you should take a break so that they are more relaxing and comfortable. After each working hour, relax your body for 3-5 minutes and can use massage methods to relax. Gentle massage movements in the neck and shoulder area help stimulate blood circulation and relax the area. You should perform a gentle massage 5-10 minutes at a time. Do it several times a day. You can use essential oils to increase the relaxation effect.
3.2 Use neck-straps treat shoulder and neck pain
✅ Using an elastic neck strap can help ease the pressure your neck has to support by lifting the weight of your head. When the spine is more relaxed, blood circulation is significantly improved, minimizing the compression of the spinal disc to the nerve. Using a spinal stretcher can also help restore previous injuries, effectively addressing the neck pain.
3.3 Using medicinal herbs
3.3.1 Honey and cinnamon powder
✅ The cinnamon powder contains cinnamaldehyde with an effective analgesic effect. Honey with hot properties stimulates blood circulation. Combining 2 ingredients to support effective back and neck pain relief.
How to do: Put honey and cinnamon powder in a glass of hot water, stir until the mixture dissolves. Drink 2 times a day in the morning and evening after eating.
3.3.2 Use mugwort essential oil
✅ Mugwort is warm, helps with pain. Mugwort has the ability to stimulate blood circulation and release pressure on the nerves so that pain in the shoulders and neck is improved faster.
Method: Wormwood is washed and put into a pan. Add the salt to roast evenly until the mugwort turns yellow. Wrap the mixture in a clean towel and apply it to the affected area. Done 3 times a day.
3.4 Acupuncture and acupressure
- Acupressure helps blood flow and helps relieve pain. You can go to Eastern medicine facilities for effective treatment.
- Acupuncture is a method that uses needles to act on acupuncture points to help regulate nerve activity. Acupuncture works to circulate blood, regulating the stability of the nerves in the back of the neck. The acupuncture method has a long-lasting effect, no side effects but requires persistent implementation. Acupuncture for neck and shoulder pain should be done by qualified physicians only.
3.5 Yoga treat shoulder and neck pain
✅ Studies have shown that yoga is one of the most effective ways to reduce neck and neck pain. In a randomized trial of 9-week back pain relief yoga exercises, participants said they significantly reduced neck and neck pain and improved function. Yoga movements on the shoulder and neck muscles at various levels, such as stretching muscles, ligaments; strengthen muscular strength; increased flexibility, create stability, from there help reduce neck and shoulder strain. Yoga also helps you to adjust the sitting posture appropriately and stand with a good posture, thereby reducing the recurrence of neck and shoulder pain. In addition, yoga is considered a “panacea” to reduce stress and reduce pain, because it helps your mind relax and connect with feelings of inner peace.
4.Recommended for you :
🎁 Pure Gold | Mugwort Essential Oil
✅ You can use Mugwort oil to massage the neck and shoulders, this is very effective and can be done anywhere: at home, at work, on the bus … Wormwood essential oil products are hard to find on the market. This is the much-appreciated product on Amazon I would recommend for you :
🎁 The Neck Hammock
✅ Created by a doctor and physical therapist, the Neck Hammock was an invention born out of necessity. While neck and back stretches and exercises can help tremendously, they always see that cervical traction is what gives their patients the most relief. The problem is that most cervical traction equipment is too expensive and too bulky to take with you on the go. With the Neck Hammock, you’ve got an amazingly relaxing and relieving cervical traction method that you can easily take with you anywhere.