Omega 3s fatty acids are one of the very good fats for the body. Not only is it necessary for brain development and vision enhancement in children, but it is also an important factor in protecting adult cardiovascular health, reducing the risk of stroke, improving blood circulation, anti-aging skin. However, the human body does not make omega 3s on its own, so you must supplement it through foods, fish oils … In addition, there are many drugs containing omega 3s in the pharmaceutical market that makes the use of medical treatment more convenient and effective.
- 1. What are omega 3s?
- 2. Effects of Omega 3s
- 3. Omega-3s Foods
- 4. Notes when using Omega 3s
- 5. Recommended for you :
1. What are omega 3s?
✅ Omega 3s is an essential unsaturated fatty acid for the body. We can’t synthesize and produce omega-3 ourselves, so the only way to supply this type of fatty acid to our bodies is to eat omega-3 rich foods. Besides omega-3, we also often hear about omega-6 and omega-9. They also have effects on the body but not equal to Omega-3.
✅ Omega 3s, including 3 main types such as EPA, DHA, ALA. In the body, EPA is considered an essential fatty acid that will be converted into important biological substances such as prostaglandins, leukotriene. And DHA plays an extremely important role in enhancing brain activity. According to research, DHA accounts for 20% of the brain’s weight and nearly 60% in the retina, so it is important for intelligence and vision.
2. Effects of Omega 3s
2.1 Prevent cardiovascular disease
✅ Omega-3 fatty acids are thought to provide many benefits in helping to prevent cardiovascular diseases such as heart attacks and strokes because omega-3 fatty acids help increase HDL-cholesterol levels (good cholesterol for the body), reducing atherosclerotic plaques, reducing blood pressure and possible cardiovascular complications. The effect of Omega-3 fatty acids on cardiovascular disease is reflected in the following points:
- Triglycerides: Fish oil helps reduce large amounts ( about 15-30% ) triglycerides in the body.
- Blood pressure: Omega-3 in fish oil is effective for patients with hypertension.
- HDL-cholesterol: Omega-3 fatty acids help increase HDL-cholesterol (the type of cholesterol that is good for the body).
- Blood clotting: Omega-3 can keep platelets from clumping together. This helps prevent the formation of blood clots that are harmful to the heart.
- Atheroma: Fish oil helps arteries function normally and is not damaged by preventing atherosclerotic plaques.
- Inflammation: Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce the production of certain heart-releasing substances released during the anti-inflammatory process.
2.2 Lose fat in the liver
✅ Nonalcoholic fatty liver is a very common disease. It increases the risk of obesity and is a major cause of chronic liver disease. Providing enough omega-3s that your body needs will reduce the amount of fat in the liver and inflammation in people with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
2.3 Good for the skin
✅ Omega 3 is the main ingredient DHA, EPA. DHA is the structural component of the skin, responsible for building cell membranes and plays an important role in nourishing the skin. Good effects for the skin include:
- Control the amount of oil of the skin.
- Control skin moisture.
- Preventing premature skin aging.
- Protect from acne.
2.4 Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
✅ The EPA and DHA in Omega-3 can help relieve muscle stiffness and joint pain. In addition, omega-3s in fats help enhance the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs. Omega-3s in fish oil work against autoimmune diseases early. Many studies show that adequate intake of omega-3 is essential throughout the first year of life to reduce the risk of autoimmune diseases including type 1 diabetes, adult autoimmune diabetes, and multiple sclerosis, … In addition, fish oil can help support the treatment of lupus (dangerous systemic erythematosus), rheumatism, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease (chronic inflammatory bowel disease), and psoriasis.
2.5 Good for brain and vision
✅ The brain has 60% fat, especially fatty acids, of which DHA is the most important. Omega-3 helps increase communication between nerve cells. Getting enough Omega-3 fatty acids in both children and adults can help prolong sleep as well as increase sleep quality. A good night’s sleep will keep your brain working the next day. Omega 3s are good for the brain, especially for children and the elderly.
- Usually, infants and young children are often fed with formula with DHA supplementation to help better vision and develop a more comprehensive brain. Breast milk cannot produce its own omega, so formula milk must be used. The effects of omega-3 on infants: higher intelligence, better communication skills, reduced risk of developmental delay, autism, and cerebral palsy.
- Some studies show that fish oil can help protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease – a form of dementia, as well as dementia in the elderly.
✅ DHA – an omega 3 acid that is the main structural component of the retina of the eye. When not getting enough DHA, vision problems can arise, leading to poor eyesight, farsightedness, nearsightedness, especially in the elderly. Get enough omega for healthy eyes, better vision. Minimize macular degeneration, one of the world’s leading causes of permanent damage and blindness.
2.6 Preventing cancer
✅ Fish oil has long been shown to reduce the risk of certain cancers. Some studies show that people who drink lots of fish oil may reduce the risk of bowel cancer by up to 55%, reducing the risk of prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women.
3. Omega-3s Foods
3.1 Omega-3s Foods : Fatty Fish
✅ Fish is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, especially fatty fish. You can find fatty fish like:
3.2 Omega-3s Foods : Cereals and nuts
- Chia seeds
- Peanut butter
- Pumpkin seeds
3.3 Omega-3s Foods : Oil
- Cod liver oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Soybean oil
- Walnut oil
3.4 Omega 3s supplements
✅ Although it is possible to get omega 3s through food, for some reason, such as an inadequate diet, your body still lacks omega 3. At that time, the omega 3 supplements are the best choice for you. You can use foods that support Omega-3 from fish oil.
4. Notes when using Omega 3s
If possible you should get Omega 3s from food, many of the delicious foods contain Omega 3s that I have listed above. In case you use supplements containing Omega 3s, you should note the following :
- Omega 3 increases the risk of bleeding, you should stop taking fish oil before surgery and talk to your doctor before taking supplements if you are taking an anticoagulant such as warfarin, aspirin.
- For people with abdominal pain who have gastrointestinal problems should not use supplements containing Omega 3s. Our digestive system is then unable to absorb excessive amounts of fish oil when added to the body. When not digested, fish oil releases a gas that produces bloating, flatulence, and is the cause of severe abdominal pain and discomfort.
- Do not abuse children, toddlers. Although the amount of DHA in fish oil is good for children’s development, EPA is harmful to the body’s organs. You can get Omega 3s for children from food, which is very safe and effective.
- For pregnant and lactating women should consult a doctor before use. Because of the anticoagulant properties of Omega-3s, the risk of uterine bleeding in women taking fish oil supplements is very high.
5. Recommended for you :
🎁 Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement – Immune & Heart Support Benefits– Promotes Joint, Eyes, Brain & Skin Health
✅ At BioSchwartz, they believe a healthy gut is a happy gut. Their mission is to empower you to elevate your quality of life through superior supplements. Their supplements are made with superior-quality ingredients to help you achieve optimal health from the inside out.
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION AND BIOAVAILABILITY – Unlike most fish oil supplements on the market, Ultra-Pure Fish Oil Omega 3 is extracted using a proprietary method that concentrates the value of Omega-3’s for enhanced absorption and superior bioavailability.
- SUSTAINABLY CAUGHT FROM ICELAND: The fish are never farm-raised; they are caught fresh from the pristine, cold waters of Iceland for exceptional purity and zero contamination, as evidenced by the rigorous testing of each and every batch.
- SUPPORTS A HEALTHY HEART – May help support and maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already in the normal range. Directions: As a dietary supplement take three (3) softgels per day with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed three (3) softgels per day.