Headache is a common symptom in life, most people experience this feeling. The pain can range from dull to intense, on one side of the head or around the head. So if your headache is frequent, you should go to the hospital for a specific cause. However, if your headaches are not repeated continuously or the headaches are usually mild but affect daily activities, you should use natural treatment for headache.
- 1. Causes of headaches
- 2. Natural treatment for headache
- 2.1 Natural treatment for headache: Drink enough water
- 2.2 Natural treatment for headache: Get enough sleep
- 2.3 Natural treatment for headache: Limit alcoholic beverages
- 2.4 Natural treatment for headache: Change the appropriate diet
- 2.5 Natural treatment for headache: Limit contact with strong odors
- 2.6 Natural treatment for headache: Reflexology and massage
- 2.7 Natural treatment for headache: Use pain medicine
- Share this post:
1. Causes of headaches
✅ According to experts, there are many different causes of headaches, some of which are related to serious illnesses, which you should be treated by a doctor. However, with the common causes below you can fix them at home:
- Changes in weather: Sudden changes in weather are common causes of headaches in many cases, especially those with weak conditions, weakened immune systems such as children and the elderly.
- Lack of sleep: Sleep is a time for the body’s organs to rest and recover, but if the sleep is not deep, or not enough sleep, it will lead to headaches, distraction, tired.
- Stress, fatigue lasts: If your life is in a difficult period, having many things that make you think or have too much work to solve, stress on the brain can also cause headaches.
- Due to lack of nutrition: Skipping meals often causes the body to become deficient in nutrients, anemia goes to nourish organs, including the brain, which can cause many diseases, including headaches.
- Hormonal disorders in women: Hormonal changes in women are the cause of chronic headaches, especially during the menstrual cycle, the abnormal increase or decrease of hormones makes the pain more severe.
2. Natural treatment for headache
2.1 Natural treatment for headache: Drink enough water
✅ Studies have shown that prolonged dehydration is a common cause of tension headaches and migraines. In addition, dehydration makes it difficult for you to concentrate and causes many unpleasant feelings, making headache symptoms worse. Headache due to dehydration is often accompanied by symptoms of dehydration such as low urination, dizziness, confusion, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, thirst, low sweating, low blood pressure, and an increased rhythm heart.
2.2 Natural treatment for headache: Get enough sleep
✅ Lack of sleep can cause many negative health effects in a variety of ways, even triggering a headache in some people. Results of studies show that subjects who sleep less than 6 hours a night often experience severe and severe headaches. However, excessive sleep is also linked to headaches. Therefore, you need to arrange the time to rest properly, thereby helping to prevent headaches naturally. Besides, avoiding using the phone before going to bed is also an effective way to reduce headaches.
2.3 Natural treatment for headache: Limit alcoholic beverages
✅ Beer and wine contain toxic substances with the nervous system leading to headaches. In addition, alcohol (ethanol) also acts as a diuretic, causing the body to lose more water and electrolytes than usual. Since then, the body is easily dehydrated and makes headaches more serious.
2.4 Natural treatment for headache: Change the appropriate diet
✅ Foods that contain histamine and often cause headaches include fermented cheese, fermented foods, beer, wine, smoked fish, and salted meat. Moreover, processed foods containing preservatives with nitrate or nitrite ingredients such as sausages and bacon can also cause headaches. Nitrite can cause vasodilation, which makes the pain more likely to occur. To find out if a particular food triggers frequent headaches, keep a journal of your daily, and try a diet that eliminates suspicious foods.
In addition to the ways to reduce headaches, you can take some supplements that help replenish necessary and good substances for the nervous system, including:
- Magnesium: This is an important mineral for many functions in the body, such as controlling blood sugar and neurotransmitters. Magnesium supplements have also been shown to be safe and effective headache relief solution.
- B vitamins: This group of vitamins also plays many important roles in the body, contributing to the synthesis of neurotransmitters and helps convert food into energy. A number of studies show that supplementing with B vitamins including B2 (riboflavin), B9 (folate), B12, and B6 (pyridoxine) can help relieve headache symptoms.
- Coenzyme Q10: This is a substance produced by the body to help turn food into energy and function as a powerful antioxidant. Many studies show that coenzyme Q10 supplements are an effective way to treat headaches.
2.5 Natural treatment for headache: Limit contact with strong odors
✅ Some strong odors, such as perfumes or cleaning products, have the potential to cause some people to have a headache. So, if you feel you’re sensitive to scents, avoid contact with perfumes, smoke, or flavored products. That is also an effective way to reduce headaches.
2.6 Natural treatment for headache: Reflexology and massage
✅ Patients can use their hands to massage the neck, forehead to help relieve temporary headaches. Acupressure is a headache remedy that not only helps relieve pain quickly but also helps to relieve headaches in the long run. If you do not like the use of headache medications, then massage is an effective way to reduce headaches, replacing medicine without fear of side effects.
✅ You can also try acupuncture, relaxation, yoga, meditation, or some physical activity. All have the effect of reducing the frequency and severity of headaches.
2.7 Natural treatment for headache: Use pain medicine
✅ Some over-the-counter, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs with analgesic effects are also often used to help ease headaches quickly. The most popular ones are paracetamol, ibuprofen, codeine, and aspirin.
✅ You should consider carefully to choose the right type of pain medication appropriate for the existing situation. Paracetamol is a relatively safe and effective analgesic and antipyretic agent for many people, including children or women who are pregnant and breastfeeding. While ibuprofen and aspirin can cause undesirable effects on the digestive system and generally not recommended for children.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Vertigo and Dizziness Program
✅ The Vertigo and Dizziness Program is a step by step guide developed for the purpose of curing vertigo. The program teaches you how to breathe so that you can escape the fear of dizziness. After buying the program, you get 19 exercises with clear, easy-to-follow instructions. Following the right exercise will see your vertigo treated naturally. To more about ” Vertigo and Dizziness Program” – CLICK HERE ➡
🎁 Huggaroo | Migraine Hat
✅ The founder and CEO, Dr. Wendy Jordanov, is a former college professor with a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Research, and special expertise in Developmental Psychology. At Huggaroo, they are passionate about creating unique, thoughtfully-designed, durable, easy-to-care-for, high-impact wellness products of exceptional quality.👨⚕️ Huggaroo Migraine Hat helps you treat :
- Migraine, sinus, tension.
- Sinus pressure and discomfort from colds or sinusitis.
- Swollen, puffy, tired, strained eyes.
- Anxiety and stress.
- Put on a clean, dry plate and microwave on high for 45 seconds the very first time.
- If not hot enough, try 1:00 the next time, then 1:30 (max heating time). For your safety, this wrap should be used warm, not hot!
- Allow your wrap to cool to room temp between heating cycles.
- Place in large ziplock bag and keep in freezer for at least 4 hours prior to use.