Myopia is a very common disease in modern society, caused by electronic devices such as TVs, smartphones, and computers that cause visual irritation. Moreover, due to the increasingly narrow space, the eyes always tend to regulate close. In order to keep the eyes healthy and limit the increase in myopia, myopia needs a special care regime for the eyes. The following are eye care methods to help reduce myopia to keep your eyes healthy, limiting increased myopia.
1. What is myopia?
✅ Myopia is a condition in which you cannot see distant objects, but close objects can be seen clearly. When you are nearsighted, you will find it difficult to see objects far away. For example, you cannot recognize highway signs until only a few meters away. This condition can progress gradually or quickly, often worsening in childhood and adolescence.
✅ The reason for myopia is partly genetic, but more importantly, it is due to an inappropriate lifestyle :
- Due to the living environment: People living in low-light environments often have to work in low-light conditions, causing the eyes to constantly regulate, resulting in myopia.
- Due to the nature of work: Those who often have to work directly with computers, phones, books, make the eyes do not rest, leading to myopia.
- Due to too much study, wrong sitting posture: This is the main cause of school myopia. Today the pressure of learning with young children is enormous. Children often have to study too much, in addition, because their parents do not care to lead to children sitting in the wrong position.
- Habits to read and watch the phone: People who often have the habit of reading, using the phone but do not know how to protect their eyes are easy to lead to myopia.
✅ Common signs and symptoms of nearsightedness are :
- Blurred far vision.
- Must squint to see clearly.
- Headache due to eye strain.
- Difficult to see while driving, especially at night.
2. How to take care of your eyes when you are myopia
2.1 Wear the right glasses
✅ To be able to use the right glass number, you should have an eye examination and refractometry in a facility with an eye specialist and standard equipment. If you do not have your eye exam, measure, and cut your glasses in a non-professional facility, you will be more likely to wear glasses that are not the right size, and of course, this will affect the adjustment of your eyesight.
✅ You should take the time to try the glasses to choose the right glasses. If during this process you find the test glasses uncomfortable (causing dizziness, discomfort, difficulty seeing …) then an adjustment is needed. In addition, it is recommended to have a regular refractive examination to detect changes in refractive errors so that glasses can be changed periodically.
2.2 Use sensible eyes
✅ If the work is required to use the computer daily, myopia’s attention should not work on the computer for too long. After about 1 hour of work, you should rest your eyes (at rest, you can stand up to another place, practice distance vision, …). Children who are short-sighted after the period of 45-60 minutes need to take a 5-10 minute break to rest and relax.
2.3 Play outside
✅ In addition to studying and working time, everyone should arrange a time to immerse themselves in nature, exercise such as walking, cycling, limiting watching TV, and phones. Science has proven that natural light is very beneficial to health in general. A lot of exposure to natural light will help bright eyes.
✅ Moreover, playing outside helps children to practice distance vision, learning to look away helps the eyes self-regulation. Time to look away should be about 15-30 minutes (should look towards the horizon, where the green is soft). Gently massage, eyes while resting eye exercises.
2.4 Proper nutrition
✅ According to ophthalmologists, a sensible diet also helps brighten eyes. In addition to eating diverse to ensure nutrition for the body, people with nearsightedness should pay attention to provide some necessary vitamins such as Vitamin A, C, E, Zinc … Because these vitamins have effects in Enhancing eyesight, against the dangers of oxidation. However, the use of vitamin supplements should not be arbitrary. It is best to consult with your doctor before taking vitamins to your body.
2.5 Routine eye exam
✅ Near-sighted people should pay attention to eye exams periodically about 6 months – 1 year/time to monitor and prevent complications of myopia such as cataracts, retinal detachment …. Routine exams will also help detect changes in myopia and timely correct glasses.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Good nutrients for the eyes
✅ When choosing eye care products, we need to consider the good ingredients for the eyes. The main components used today are:
- Vitamin A: This is an antioxidant that protects the eyes, enhances mucosal and corneal health, fights bacterial or viral infections, speeds up the healing process of postoperative injuries. or other injuries. Vitamin A also helps the eyes form pigments to better adapt in the dark. If deficiency of Vitamin A can lead to dry eyes, night blindness, conjunctivitis.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two main components of the macula. This complete structure helps the eyes see clearly everything. Then the eyes do not have to regulate much, avoid eye strain, reduce the risk of disease. Sufficient supply of eye nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin helps the eyes avoid the risk of eye diseases, improved vision significantly, and slows down the natural aging process. These two nutrients are most commonly found in dark green leafy vegetables and red and yellow fruits. In particular, kale, spinach, and cauliflower are high in lutein and zeaxanthin is abundant in oranges, corn, red bell peppers …
- Fish oil: Fish oil with DHA, EPA is resistant to macular degeneration, reduces dry eyes.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B helps to increase the metabolism of eye cells, reduces visual nerve congestion, and maintains healthy eyesight. Lack of vitamin B causes blurred vision, eye strain, watery eyes, and convulsions.
- In addition to the common ingredients above, many products now also add other ingredients derived from nature to increase the effectiveness of eye rehabilitation such as ZinC, Blueberry, Coenzyme – Q10, Omega 3-6-9, …
👨⚕️ Preservision | Areds 2 Formula
✅ Preservision Areds 2 eye tonic is a product recommended by eye specialists. The clinical studies of the product lasted for 5 years, were continuously revised (replacing beta-carotene with lutein and zeaxanthin), and completed in 2013.
Preservision Areds 2 eye supplement, fortified with vitamins and minerals that are good for the eyes, helps bright eyes, especially the product is considered suitable for people with age retinal degeneration (ADM)