Modern lifestyle makes many people often eat fast food and processed foods with spicy, hot spicy additives. This habit occurs regularly causing many people to be constipated. Don’t rush to take your medicine because there are many natural ways to relieve constipation. Food is an incredibly rich natural source around you to help prevent constipation. Here are the top 8 foods that are natural laxatives.
- 1. Daily habits can cause constipation
- 2. Top 8 foods that are natural laxatives
- 2.1 Foods that are natural laxatives: Water
- 2.2 Foods that are natural laxatives: Yogurt
- 2.3 Foods that are natural laxatives: Leafy green vegetables
- 2.4 Foods that are natural laxatives: Aloe
- 2.5 Foods that are natural laxatives: Chia seeds
- 2.6 Foods that are natural laxatives: Sweet potato
- 2.7 Foods that are natural laxatives: Dragon fruit
- 2.8 Foods that are natural laxatives: Banana
- Share this post:
1. Daily habits can cause constipation
Before learning about laxative foods, you should learn the daily habits that can cause constipation. You should eliminate these habits and use laxative foods to help the treatment process be effective.
- Eating a lot of red meat such as pork, beef, lamb, goat, buffalo, etc. can all cause constipation because the iron content in red meats is very high. Large amounts of iron in red meat will make the stool hard and cause constipation. To limit constipation, adults should only eat red meat 2 to 3 times per week and should only eat 100 to 200 grams of meat at a time. Especially should avoid eating organs such as liver, kidney, heart, …
- Daily intake of too little fiber: For fiber will help adults absorb water and increase the volume of waste in the large intestine. Therefore this increase is beneficial for the large intestine and makes waste easily converted into feces. The habit of keeping healthy intestinal motility in adults is to get enough fiber. At least every adult needs 25g of fiber daily. Fiber-rich foods you can add include sweet potatoes, broccoli, whole grains, bananas, carrots, spinach, cauliflower, etc.
- Drink less water: The human body needs at least 2 liters of water a day. Water is a fluid that helps the digestive tract run more smoothly. In addition, caffeinated liquids such as coffee, soft drinks, etc. can make you dehydrated and make your constipation more serious.
- No physical activity: Exercise, physical activity will make the body healthy, reduce the risk of constipation. Being sedentary, sitting in one place often increases the risk of constipation.
- No defecation often: Many people have no habit of defecation. This buildup will cause bowel dehydration and make the waste harder. This is the cause of constipation.
- Laxative abuse: Laxatives can actually help with constipation for a limited time. However, if overused and used continuously this will make your bowel dependent on drugs to work. This will make your constipation condition worse. Instead of abusing laxatives, you need to add probiotics in your colon that ferment to help relieve constipation.
2. Top 8 foods that are natural laxatives
2.1 Foods that are natural laxatives: Water
✅ Water is a very important substance for human health. Water acts as a lubricant and softener of waste because the digestive process in the large intestine needs a lot of water to facilitate the secretion process. So if we don’t drink enough water, the waste will harden and make the secretion process difficult, thereby causing constipation. So for good digestion or laxative use, you should drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
2.2 Foods that are natural laxatives: Yogurt
✅ Yogurt is a great source of good bacteria for your intestines and digestive system. This will help your intestines work more smoothly. Probiotics are a group of healthy bacteria that help nourish the intestinal microflora. The human gut contains billions of bacteria and if they have an active disorder can lead to indigestion, bloating, and constipation. So eating yogurt is great for the digestive system as well as a laxative.
2.3 Foods that are natural laxatives: Leafy green vegetables
✅ Leafy green vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and vegetables are among the richest sources of fiber. Fiber is especially important in the digestive process, especially to make the excretion process easier. This substance helps to soften waste during the digestive stage in the large intestine. Eating fewer vegetables is what contributes to constipation. Additionally, increasing your intake of vegetables will help provide your body with significant amounts of magnesium. Magnesium is a substance that promotes the digestive process in the large intestine, increasing laxative.
2.4 Foods that are natural laxatives: Aloe
✅ Aloe is not only effective in beautifying with effects such as moisturizing, acne, intensive treatment, … but it also contains a compound called anthraquinone that acts as a natural laxative. Adding a few drops of aloe vera gel to your drink or using aloe vera juice can help prevent constipation.
2.5 Foods that are natural laxatives: Chia seeds
✅ Chia seeds are very nutritious food with zinc and omega, and this is also a good laxative food because of its special properties. Chia seeds are swollen in water, which is also how this natural laxative works when it is absorbed into the intestinal tract. This will help soften and promote the excretion of waste.
2.6 Foods that are natural laxatives: Sweet potato
✅ Sweet potatoes are very high in fiber, make the stool soft and easy to mold. Besides, according to studies, sweet potato leaves contain bleach from 1.95-1.97%, so it has a good effect on the laxative.
2.7 Foods that are natural laxatives: Dragon fruit
✅ Dragon fruit contains oligosaccharides, dragon fruit oligosaccharides can help stimulate intestinal motility good for digestive health, including laxative effect. It also stimulates the growth of several lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria, both of which are linked to human gut health. Moreover, the small fibers in the dragon fruit help to facilitate the digestive process.
2.8 Foods that are natural laxatives: Banana
✅ Bananas are rich in fiber and pectin. In which pectin has the effect of softening, packaging, resizing the stool mold, stimulating passing out, and expelling excess waste out of the body more easily. Not only that, but bananas are also easy to digest the food that does not irritate the intestinal tract. You should note that bananas are still green containing a lot of starch causing indigestion. Not only that, but green bananas also contain a lot of tannic acids, when eaten not only does not reduce constipation but also makes the condition worse.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Navitas | Organics Chia Seeds
✅ Navitas Organics bringing you super-simple, super-nutritious superfoods give you the energy you need to live each day to the fullest. All Navitas products are USDA Organic & Non-GMO certified. Make sure food is not only nutritious but also safe and really good for health. You can use Navitas’ chia seeds as a perfect addition to smoothies, adding great nutrition and high density to any smoothie. They have many effects:
- Beneficial Fats: Chia is abundant in essential omega-3 fatty acids, which are necessary for optimal functioning.
- Digestive Support: Creating a tapioca pudding-like gel when soaked. In the body, this gelatinous transformation supports digestion and detoxification.
🎁 BioSchwartz | Probiotic 40 Billion CFU
✅ At BioSchwartz, they believe a healthy gut is a happy gut. Their mission is to empower you to elevate your quality of life through superior supplements. Their supplements are made with superior-quality ingredients to help you achieve optimal health from the inside out. Their top-selling Probiotic features the MAKTrek patented stomach acid protection and delivery system. This can allow strains to survive stomach acid and reach deep into the small intestine to support a healthy gut. Their advanced strength formula can even reach your large intestine. Adding probiotics to your daily routine has been shown to potentially help with:
- Supporting Digestive Health
- Restoring Natural Balance
- Immune System Support
- Promoting Regularity
- Boosting Nutrient Absorption
- Promoting Healthy Cholesterol