The kidneys play an important role in eliminating harmful toxins from the body through the urinary tract. But due to age and unhealthy eating habits make it impaired. When the kidney function is impaired, the toxin excretion inside the body to operate ineffectively and gradually, seriously affecting health. To reduce the burden on your kidneys, kidney disease nutrition diet needs to avoid the following foods.
1. Kidney disease nutrition diet
1.1 Kidney disease nutrition diet : Avoid Salt
✅ What you have to abstain from most is “salt” because salt is often present in daily meals. Medical studies show that salt increases oxalate in urine. This compound is the germ that causes kidney failure. Therefore, people with weak kidneys who want to recover quickly should eat blandly and restrict foods that are too salty. It is best to eat boiled, steamed dishes instead of stir-fried dishes, stock.
1.2 Limit Protein-rich foods
✅ The protein in the body forms waste that is mixed in the blood and taken to the kidneys to eliminate. But when protein intake is too much, it means increasing the pressure of kidney work. Controlling the amount of protein intake in the body reduces the load on the glomerular purification process. Therefore patients should abstain from dishes made from chicken breast, beef, egg yolks. Use just the food you need enough to provide protein for your body to function.
1.3 Foods rich in phosphorus and potassium
✅ When the kidneys are weak, potassium and phosphorus elimination function are impaired. Therefore, patients need to limit the intake of foods containing these two substances so that the kidneys are overloaded. Foods high in phosphorus to avoid include carbonated soft drinks, chocolate, beer, cheese, peanut butter … Food is rich in potassium including kiwi, watermelon, potatoes, oranges, apricots …
1.4 Kidney disease nutrition diet : Limit Vitamin C
✅ Vitamin C causes the formation of Oxalate molecule, which reduces kidney function and increases the risk of kidney stones. So you need to adjust the amount of vitamin C used in the body daily.
1.5 Avoid Alcohol
✅ Alcohol is one of the drinks patients with weak kidneys need to abstain completely. Acetic acid, methanol, aldehyde, alcohol, etc. in these drinks can increase lactic acid production. At this time the kidneys are forced to prioritize the elimination of lactic acid causing uric acid concentration in the renal tubules and causing impairment of function. In addition, certain types of alcohol with high alcohol content can cause poisoning and increase the risk of acute kidney failure.
👨⚕️ In addition to the above foods and beverages, weak kidney patients need to limit smoking habits and use arbitrary drugs – especially kidney-excreted drugs such as analgesics, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, drugs increased excretion of uric acid, effervescent tablets C, …
2. The food is good for the kidneys
You already know that diet can greatly affect people with kidney disease. Besides limiting harmful foods, you still have plenty of choices for your meals. Here are the foods you should refer to:
- Red bell pepper: This is a food with high antioxidant function, very suitable for people with weak kidneys. In bell peppers contain many vitamins A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, fiber. Especially bell peppers contain a very important component for the kidneys that is the Lycopene compound. Lycopene is an extremely high antioxidant ability for the kidneys. So for people with weak kidneys who have impaired kidney function, adding bell peppers to their daily meals will help improve the disease quickly.
- Egg whites: Eggs are one of the foods rich in protein. Especially egg whites contain a much more abundant protein content than other foods. Therefore, experts recommend that patients use egg whites regularly to provide protein that improves kidney function.
- Fish: In fish contains many good nutrients for the body, helps increase vitality, resistance. According to experts the tuna, mackerel, salmon, … are rich in omega 3s. This is a compound that helps fight inflammation and helps heal kidney wounds and restore kidney function effectively.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in fat as omega 3s, suitable for people with kidney disease. Most of the fat in olive oil is unsaturated, with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cabbage: Cabbage contains lots of vitamin K, vitamin C, and vitamin B, especially providing insoluble fiber for a healthy digestive system. This is a non-potassium vegetable, beneficial for the liver and kidneys, rich in phytochemicals that help the body fight free radicals that cause chronic diseases like cancer.
- Garlic: Garlic provides manganese, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and contains sulfur compounds with anti-inflammatory properties. Garlic is good for the kidneys due to its diuretic, excreting sodium and excess water from the body
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is high in many nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin B folate, which help lower blood pressure, balance blood sugar, and reduce stress on the kidneys. In addition, cauliflower is full of anti-inflammatory compounds such as indoles, high in fiber, low in potassium, so people with chronic kidney disease should use.