Hyaluronic Acid (HA) was first discovered around 1934, separated from the cow’s eye, the name Hyaluronic means transparent as glass. It was not until 1951 that scientists determined the structure of Hyaluronic Acid with health benefits. However, it was not until the early years of the 80s that HA was put into use in the cosmetics industry, people used HA in anti-aging skincare products of high-class products, with a quite expensive price that not everyone can own. Hyaluronic Acid is also present in many products to treat osteoarthritis diseases due to the viscous properties that help lubrication of moving parts such as muscles and joints.
1. How Hyaluronic acid works
✅ It was not until 1951 that scientists determined that the structure of HA was a sugar molecule, scientific name Polysaccharide, whose molecular weight was in the range of 600,000 to 1,000,000 Dalton units, much larger than many sugar molecules. regular (340 Dalton). This structure gives HA superior water retention capacity, 1 gram of HA can hold up to 6L of water. Upon entering the water environment of the skin, the Hyaluronic molecules diffuse and increase their weight to 500-1000 times their weight, it is capable of acting as a sponge to absorb moisture from the outside environment and from the lower skin layer on the surface of the skin, helps the skin surface becomes plump, hydrated.
✅ When hyaluronic acid becomes viscous, it helps lubricate your joint fluid when it experiences dryness and inflammation due to age or other conditions.
2. Top 5 hyaluronic acid health benefits
2.1 Hyaluronic acid health benefits: Promote healthy skin
✅ Did you know: 50% of Hyaluronic Acid in the body is found in the skin. It is where it performs its greatest function, it is moisturizing the skin and connective tissue. However, the natural aging process and exposure to toxins, such as from solar ultraviolet radiation, cigarette smoke, and pollution. It will reduce the amount of Hyaluronic Acid in the skin. Supplementing with Hyaluronic Acid can help your skin become supple and firmer. Recommended dose: 120 – 240 mg/day for at least 4 weeks is thought to significantly increase skin moisture, reduce dry skin. Hyaluronic acid in sheep placenta, collagen … is better than a separate one.
2.2 Hyaluronic acid health benefits: Healing
✅ Hyaluronic acid also helps to heal wounds. A high concentration of Hyaluronic Acid helps speed up wound healing. It regulates the level of dermatitis. Simultaneously signals the body to build more blood vessels in the damaged area. Applying it to skin wounds has been shown to reduce wound size. The pain was also improved compared to the placebo. Hyaluronic acid also has antibacterial properties. So it helps reduce the risk of infection when applied directly to the wound.
2.3 Hyaluronic acid health benefits: Reduce joint pain caused by inflammation
✅ Hyaluronic acid is also found in joints, which keeps the joints well lubricated. When joints are lubricated, bones are less likely to collide. At that time, the bone will be less painful and degenerate, the movement will be more comfortable. Hyaluronic Acid supplements are very helpful for people with osteoarthritis. Taking 80-200mg daily for at least two months has shown good results, patients with osteoarthritis significantly reduce knee pain. Especially those from 40 to 70 years old. In fact, some osteoarthritis supplements add this ingredient and give quite good therapeutic effects.
2.4 Hyaluronic acid health benefits: Reduce symptoms of acid reflux
✅ When acid reflux occurs, sore throat and damage to the lining of the esophagus. Hyaluronic acid can help soothe the damaged lining of the esophagus. At the same time, it also speeds up the recovery process. A study found that applying a mixture of Hyaluronic Acid and chondroitin sulfate to acid-damaged throat tissue helped it heal much faster than without treatment. These two compounds combine with antacids to reduce reflux symptoms, 60% more effective than taking acid reducers alone.
2.5 Hyaluronic acid health benefits: Reduce dry eyes
✅ About 1 in 7 older adults suffer from dry eye symptoms. The cause is a decrease in the production of tears or tears evaporating too quickly. Hyaluronic Acid is too great to retain moisture. Therefore it is often used to treat dry eyes. Eye drops containing 0.2-0.4% Hyaluronic Acid have been shown to reduce dry eye symptoms. Also, help improve eye health. Contact lenses containing Hyaluronic Acid are also being applied quite commonly. Its purpose is to reduce dry eye fatigue. In addition, Hyaluronic Acid eye drops are often used in eye surgery. This helps reduce inflammation and speeds up wound healing.
✅ However, it has not been concluded whether oral supplements have the same effect. To date, no studies have examined the effects of Hyaluronic Acid supplementation on dry eyes. But it could be a field of future research.
3. Foods that contain HA
✅ Hyaluronic Acid is created right inside the body and in every human body has about 15 grams of Hyaluronic Acid. The amount of Hyaluronic Acid in the body is not fixed but always changing, degenerating, and renewed every day. However, the body’s natural amount of Hyaluronic Acid is also gradually decreasing along with the aging process. By the age of 40, our bodies can produce only half of the amount of Hyaluronic Acid we need for our bodies. Hyaluronic Acid deficiency causes the skin to form wrinkles, joint to inflammation, and pains, etc. Therefore, we need to constantly replenish Hyaluronic Acid itself. It is best to take HA from food, supplements should only be used in cases of necessity or when you cannot supplement with food.
- Soy products: Soybeans have long been known to produce collagen and stimulate the growth of estrogen hormones. In addition, soy contains phytoestrogens. This substance helps the body stimulate hyaluronic acid production. You can get soy through soy milk or soy sprouts, etc.
- Starch from root tubers: Root tubers like red sweet potato, purple sweet potato, potato, taro, and radish contain starch, which stimulates the increase in Hyaluronic acid in the body.
- Animal parts: Animal parts such as tendons and joints are also rich in hyaluronic acid. You can make a stew from animal bones, joints, skin, and tendons to replenish hyaluronic acid.
- Red wine: There is resveratrol in red wine. This substance has the ability to stimulate the production of Hyaluronic Acid in the body. Every day drinking a little red wine, eating some red grapes, or drinking a glass of grape juice helps your body increase estrogen and produce more Hyaluronic Acid.
- Vegetables and fruits that contain vitamin C: Vitamin C is called Ascorbic Acid. This acid plays a major role in stimulating hyaluronic acid production in the body. You should add types of bell peppers to your daily diet to ensure adequate amounts of vitamin C thereby increasing the amount of hyaluronic acid. Many spice plants like parsley and cilantro are also rich in vitamin C. Fruits like citrus grapefruit also provide a large amount of vitamin C making them a Hyaluronic acid supplement efficient.
4. Notes when using Hyaluronic acid
When using supplements containing HA, you should pay attention to the following:
- Hyaluronic acid can be safe when taken by mouth, applied on the skin, or injected. However, HA can cause side effects like allergies.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only take the recommended medication.
Recommended for you
🎁 Doctor’s Best Hyaluronic Acid with Chondroitin Sulfate, Joint Support
✅ Doctor’s Best Hyaluronic Acid + Chondroitin Sulfate contains patented BioCell Collagen, a dietary ingredient that contains a patented composition of naturally occurring hydrolyzed collagen type II, chondroitin sulfate, and hyaluronic acid in a highly absorbable matrix. It is standardized to contain no less than 10% Hyaluronic Acid, 20% Chondroitin Sulfate, and 60% Collagen Type II.
✅ Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen are vital structural components of skin that decline as we age, and are partly responsible for the skin’s moisture, suppleness, and elasticity. Hyaluronic Acid and Chondroitin Sulfate are necessary for maintaining healthy joints. BioCell Collagen contains key components that can help support healthy skin and joint function. Directions: Take 2 capsules daily, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take with 8-10 ounces of water, with or without food.
Leave a Reply