Mother milk is the best source of nutrition for babies in the first years of life. There are many factors that directly affect the amount and quality of breast milk. One of the factors that play an important role is the maternal nutrition after birth. You need to consider the following food groups to have a good source of milk for your baby.
1. Nutrition components in breast milk
Breast milk is the best food for babies in the first 6 months of life. Besides essential nutrients such as protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals, breast milk also helps children increase resistance.
- Fat (lipid): Fat is the most important and essential component in breast milk. The fat in breast milk is mainly Triglyceride and the fatty acids DHA helps the baby’s development of the retina, brain, nerve tissue, and immune system. MHO also makes a short-lived fatty acid in breast milk that has the ability to push waste and bacteria out of the baby’s intestines, just like the effect of fiber (in fiber-free breast milk). Therefore, exclusively breastfed babies do not have constipation or diarrhea. Fat is also a solvent to help absorb some important vitamins.
- Protein: In addition to fat, protein is a component of breast milk that cannot be ignored. Protein provides amino-acids for babies, helps to grow muscles and bones, creates antibodies, and creates necessary enzymes. Proteins include WHEY protein and CASEIN protein.
- Carbohydrates: Lactose and Oligosaccharides are considered to be the two most important and essential carbohydrates of human milk. Lactose is the main ingredient in breast milk, providing 40% of the energy needed for the baby’s growth and development.
- Antibodies: This component of breast milk is the main factor that helps children stay healthy and fights pathogens from the outside environment. When bacteria attack young bodies, they play a protective role. This is considered Passive immunity.
- Vitamins and minerals: Breast milk is high in iron, calcium, and selenium, all of which are easily absorbed. They not only give children a strong skeleton and teeth, a healthy immune system, but they also benefit brain development.
- Yeast and hormones: Breast milk includes lipase, amylase, prolactin, thyroid, and oxytocin, enzymes that help promote intestinal health and biochemical balance.
2. Food list for mother milk
✅ Water is not a food but the most essential ingredient to increase breast milk intake and quench thirst, which is very common in nursing mothers. You can use hot milk, fruit juice, fresh vegetables, soups, smoothies especially avoid artificial sweet drinks, cold water, which can cause discomfort for your baby.
2.2 Food for mother milk : Pork’s hoof
✅ After birth, the mother often loses a lot of energy and lacks a lot of nutrients. At that time, the mother needs supplements to supplement that lack of nutrients to continue the work of breastfeeding. Pork’s hoof is a food rich in fat, iron, protein, and valuable synthetic substances that help mothers recover health quickly and more breast milk.
2.3 Food for mother milk :Lean meat
✅ Meats like beef, pork, or chicken with high nutrition, low fat are especially good for pregnant women after giving birth. You can boil, steam, fry, cook soup … The varied menu will help you be more interested in eating. However, they should limit fried foods because fried foods contain very greasy.
2.4 Green vegetables
✅ Green vegetables with nutritious ingredients contain fiber and vitamins that help improve constipation, keep in shape. They are good for everyone, they are good for the cardiovascular system, joints, and vision. Types like spinach, kale, and watercress all have high amounts of calcium, iron, vitamin K, A, and folate, these are excellent nutrients that complement the quality milk of breastfeeding mothers.
2.5 Food for mother milk : Nuts
✅ Pumpkin seeds, black sesame, and oats have the ability to improve the function of the digestive system and contain many nutrients for breast milk. Cashews, almonds, maca nuts are very popular choices of pregnant women to help increase the quality of milk. These nuts are high in antioxidants and fats. Nutritional seeds will be an ideal choice to help you reduce sadness and have the effect of increasing postpartum breast milk.
2.6 Fresh fruits
✅ The inclusion of fresh fruits on the daily menu not only helps pregnant women lose weight after giving birth, helps their skin beauty, replenishes water, and vitamins necessary for the production of milk. Using fruit juice and drinking every day will help pregnant women avoid constipation.
2.7 Milk and milk products
✅ You will need at least 3 glasses of warm milk a day, she can drink formula or sweetened condensed milk. Drinking milk every day will help stimulate the mother’s milk glands to work more efficiently and can add nutrients in formula milk. Using a box of yogurt every morning is a habit that pregnant women should maintain to improve digestive function, avoid constipation.
2.8 Types of Fatty Fat
✅ Fat is very good for nursing mothers. It helps the body absorb vitamins, helps the nervous system healthy. Mothers should only choose foods high in unsaturated fats including Omega-3 fatty acids from cold-water fish sources such as salmon, sardines, avocado, walnuts, chia seeds, coconut, olive, sesame oil, oil. grape seed. Also avoid trans fats and saturated fats, which are oils that increase bad cholesterol and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.