Since ancient times, ginkgo has been considered a valuable medicine, having many miraculous effects on human health. Especially, Ginkgo is a precious herb for the human brain. Currently, many products for brain diseases are extracted from the ginkgo leaves and this is considered to be the main ingredient that makes up the pharmacological and therapeutic effects of these drugs.
1. The active ingredient in Ginkgo
✅ Scientists have shown many beneficial ingredients in ginkgo extract, especially ginkgo leaves. The most useful ingredients in Ginkgo biloba are flavonoids (including quercetin, kaempferol, isorhamnetin), which are powerful antioxidants that help fight off harmful radicals that damage the body, slowing Alzheimer’s disease and terpenoids – help improve circulation blood by dilating blood vessels and reducing the “stickiness” of platelets.
2. Ginkgo health benefits
Ginkgo has two components thought to have pharmacological effects, namely: flavonoids and terpenoids. Studies show that flavonoids protect nerves, heart muscle, blood, and retina from damage. Terpenoids improve blood flow by dilating blood vessels and reducing the stickiness of platelets.
2.1 Reduces the risk of dementia
✅ Ginkgo benefits people with cognitive impairment, including people with dementia, about Alzheimer’s. It can help people recover after when cerebral embolism or traumatic brain injury. Ginkgo help protect the brain against the aging of cholinergic neurons and increase its absorption in the hypothalamus. In addition, a number of other studies have shown that ginkgo can actually protect neurons from the effects of plaque – one of the reasons leading to the destruction of neurons that contributes to Alzheimer’s disease progression. Ginkgo biloba extract is safe, has the ability to stabilize and improve the patient’s social and cognitive behavior.
2.2 Increase cerebral blood circulation
✅ Research shows that it can help increase cerebral blood circulation, reduced sensation fatigue. It even treats brain anemia that causes decreased physical activity, fatigue headache, and mood swings. Using ginkgo has a better performance and no serious adverse effects have been observed, suggesting that ginkgo is a safe and effective way to decrease mental risk.
2.3 Fight anxiety and depression
✅ If you have severe stress and can lead to depression, Ginkgo Biloba can help you. Studies show it is beneficial for the body in dealing with stress and counteracting the effects of stress hormones like cortisol and adrenalin.
2.4 Ginkgo anti headache, dizziness
✅ Ginkgo overcomes frequent headaches and reduces the severity of migraine headaches as it relieves pain, dilates blood vessels, and fights stress. Anemia to the brain is the leading cause of dizziness, balance disorders. This condition occurs frequently in premenopausal age when blood circulation is poor. The composition of flavone glycoside and terpene in ginkgo promotes blood circulation. As a result, agents causing dizziness and premature imbalance are eliminated.
2.5 Ginkgo other benefits
- Treatment of vision impairment due to diabetes: Diabetes and many dangerous complications can be life-threatening for patients at any time. People with diabetes are more likely to experience cardiovascular, joint, and vision conditions that lead to blindness. Flavonoids are known to be antioxidants that keep the eyes healthy, against the risk of cataracts. People drink ginkgo tea within 6 months can improve vision, reduce retinal damage due to diabetes complications.
- Relieve aches and pains in the limbs: Pain, numbness in the limbs are a common condition in the elderly or people with poor circulation. Blood is not strengthened down the limbs causing soreness and stiffness. Especially when the human body stays in position for too long, or overexerted, the condition gets worse. Clinical research shows that the use of ginkgo reduces joint and osteoarthritis pain, numbness after prolonged use.
3. The note when using Ginkgo
When using products from ginkgo leaf extract to improve brain circulation, you should keep the following in mind :
- Ginkgo biloba is safe for most adults when taken at appropriate dosages. However, you may still encounter some cases: Headache, dizziness, heart palpitations, constipation.
- Taking this herbal supplement may increase the risk of bleeding. If you are planning to have surgery, stop taking Ginkgo 2 weeks before your surgery.
- Ginkgo biloba may not be safe to drink during pregnancy. It can cause premature birth or extra bleeding during delivery if used near the time of delivery. Not enough information is available on the safety of using Ginkgo during breastfeeding. Therefore, do not use Ginkgo if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm | Organic Ginkgo Liquid Extract for Memory
✅ Ginkgo biloba extract used as a medicine in traditional medicine thousands of years ago … In the late 20th century, the Committee for Food European herbal medicine (HMPC) licensed the circulation of Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract, they are used in the treatment of age-related memory impairment and quality improvement life of adults with mild memory loss.
✅ Herb Pharm prepares their Ginkgo Extract from the leaves of Ginkgo biloba trees which are Certified Organically Grown. To assure optimal extraction of Ginkgo’s bioactive compounds, the leaves are hand-harvested in autumn when Ginkgo’s bioactive compounds are at their optimal concentration.
🎁 NOW Supplements, Ginkgo Biloba 120 mg, Double Strength
✅ 1968 Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that Empower people to lead healthier lives.
✅ 24% STANDARDIZED EXTRACT: Now’s Ginkgo biloba extract is the finest quality available worldwide. SUPPORTS BRAIN HEALTH/DOUBLE STRENGTH: Take 1 NOW Ginkgo biloba 120 mg veggie capsule daily with a meal. This double strength product has twice the ginkgo (120 mg) as in their regular strength product (60 mg).
🎁 Organic Ginkgo Biloba Tea | Antioxidant | Supports Mental Clarity
✅ The iconic leaves of the ginkgo tree are also used to create this remarkable herbal tea. Ginkgo biloba tea is marked for its fresh, natural taste. It is often described as mildly nutty, with a subtle, sweet aftertaste that many find enjoyable, whether they are a seasoned connoisseur or a newcomer to the tea world. Complement a fresh cup with a bit of honey, lemon, or ginger to create your own stimulating blend. Buddha Teas proudly offers ginkgo Biloba tea made with certified organic ginkgo Biloba leaves, all-natural, and kosher.