Stroke is a medical condition that can have serious consequences and sequelae. Stroke is very dangerous because it occurs quickly and unexpectedly, sometimes without warning signs, and has very serious consequences for health. If you’ve ever had a stroke or are suffering from high blood pressure, you should pay attention to changing your diet and lifestyle to prevent it. There is plenty of food around you to be the companion of preventing stroke or even helping to heal after a stroke. Here is a list of 5 best foods to prevent stroke
✅ Stroke is a condition in which blood and oxygen supply to the brain is disrupted, causing the cells to die, causing brain tissue damage. There are two brain strokes: cerebral infarction (caused by a blood clot blocking a blood vessel) or brain hemorrhage (caused by a broken blood vessel in the brain). In the past, stroke was usually only seen in the elderly. However, more and more young people have strokes.
✅ Some common symptoms of brain stroke include: Suddenly dislocated face, distorted mouth, numb limbs, speechless, etc. Stroke can leave sequelae that change the whole life of sufferers. such as paralysis, cognitive impairment, linguistic disability, …
The cause of a brain stroke
✅ Stroke can occur for many reasons. However, the majority of strokes stem from your inadequate control of conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, cholesterol, and obesity.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure is the leading cause of brain strokes. If your blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg or higher, you need treatment to prevent the risk of a stroke.
- Heart disease: Some heart diseases such as atrial fibrillation, irregular heartbeat, … cause one-quarter of strokes in the elderly. Therefore, get regular checkups for heart disease and stroke prevention.
- Diabetes: Diabetes damages blood vessels, making a stroke more likely to occur. If you have a stroke when your blood sugar is high, the damage will be worse.
- High cholesterol: High cholesterol causes fat to build up in the walls of the arteries. From there, forming atherosclerotic plaques, narrowing the arteries, disrupting the blood supply to the brain. From there lead to strokes that attack the infected person.
- Overweight, obesity: Overweight, obesity is a condition that occurs in people with a BMI of 30 or higher. This group of people is also at high risk for stroke because of the possibility of ischemia and also at risk of other diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, high blood fat.
2. 5 best foods to prevent stroke
2.1 Best foods to prevent stroke: Salmon
✅ Salmon is a great food for people with cardiovascular disease. Omega-3s found in Salmon can reduce inflammation in arteries, preventing the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, help improve blood circulation, and reduce the risk of blood clots.
2.2 Best foods to prevent stroke: Banana
✅ Bananas are a lot of potassium. Several studies have shown that eating lots of potassium-rich foods helps lower blood pressure, maintains brain function, and reduces the risk of stroke by up to 24%. In particular, green bananas have a more pronounced hypotensive effect than ripe bananas.
2.3 Best foods to prevent stroke: Spinach
✅ Nitrate-rich vegetables like spinach can inhibit the kidneys and liver to reduce the secretion of a hormone called erythropoietin. This hormone will increase the number of blood cells, increasing blood density in arteries. However, a rapid rise in erythrocytes can form blood clots that block blood vessels.
2.4 Best foods to prevent stroke: Garlic
✅ Eating garlic can significantly reduce the amount of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, thereby helping to prevent plaque from forming in the arteries and the risk of cardiovascular disease. Experts recommend eating 1 to 2 cloves of garlic daily to prevent stroke.
2.5 Best foods to prevent stroke: Natto
✅ Natto is the name of a traditional Japanese dish, made by fermenting soybeans. The reason why natto is effective in preventing stroke is that the fermented soybean in straw creates an enzyme called nattokinase. When taken into the body, Nattokinase has the effect of preventing and dissolving blood clots, reducing blood viscosity, thereby helping to lower blood pressure and prevent stroke effectively. However, making Natto is very sophisticated and requires meticulous steps, not everyone has to be patient to make it every day. You can use supplements containing nattokinase to prevent stroke.
3. Foods to limit
In addition to eating healthy foods, keep in mind that avoiding foods that can make strokes worse or risk a relapse faster:
- Don’t eat too salty: Salt and blood pressure are related, eating a lot of salt makes blood pressure rise. Therefore, if you’ve had a stroke, you should pay close attention to your blood pressure, so avoid salty foods, especially high-salt foods.
- Do not eat too much meat, milk: Meat and dairy products often have saturated fat, so it is not good for the heart, which can raise blood pressure. Unsweetened milk may be a better option for you.
- Limit foods high in cholesterol: Some foods high in cholesterol include eggs, fast food, some types of meat … if consumed in excess, it will affect the heart and may make stroke risk recurrence.
- Reducing alcohol and tobacco: Smoking, drinking alcohol increases the formation of plaque in the blood vessels, accelerating the process of atherosclerosis, thereby making the disease of the cerebrovascular recurrence easier.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement – Immune & Heart Support Benefits– Promotes Joint, Eyes, Brain & Skin Health
✅ At BioSchwartz, they believe a healthy gut is a happy gut. Their mission is to empower you to elevate your quality of life through superior supplements. Their supplements are made with superior-quality ingredients to help you achieve optimal health from the inside out.
- ENHANCED ABSORPTION AND BIOAVAILABILITY – Unlike most fish oil supplements on the market, Ultra-Pure Fish Oil Omega 3 is extracted using a proprietary method that concentrates the value of Omega-3’s for enhanced absorption and superior bioavailability.
- SUSTAINABLY CAUGHT FROM ICELAND: The fish are never farm-raised; they are caught fresh from the pristine, cold waters of Iceland for exceptional purity and zero contamination, as evidenced by the rigorous testing of each and every batch.
- SUPPORTS A HEALTHY HEART – May help support and maintain healthy cholesterol levels that are already in the normal range. Directions: As a dietary supplement take three (3) softgels per day with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not exceed three (3) softgels per day.
🎁 Doctor’s Best | Nattokinase 2.000 Fu
✅ Doctor’s Best Nattokinase uses the highest quality nattokinase manufactured and independently tested at the industry-recognized enzyme manufacturing facility, Deerland Enzymes in Kennesaw, Georgia. They believe by utilizing this manufacturing technology they are providing the highest quality nattokinase available. During the natto production process, non-GMO soybeans are boiled and fermented with friendly Bacillus subtilis bacteria producing nattokinase. It contains pure nattokinase enzyme with Vitamin K2 removed. Nattokinase helps to maintain normal fibrinogen levels in blood has the effect of preventing and dissolving blood clots, reducing blood viscosity, thereby helping to lower blood pressure and prevent stroke effectively.
✅ Doctor’s Best believes by utilizing this manufacturing technology they are providing the highest quality nattokinase – with 2,000 fu (fibrinolytic units) available.
Leave a Reply