Cramping is not only a concern for athletes because it affects the quality of life and exercises very badly. Cramps can occur with anyone, especially in older people. You should improve your diet to prevent cramps before it happens on a regular basis. There are many causes of this condition such as muscle tension, dehydration, pregnancy, or holding the muscles in a position for long periods of time, or lacking minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, lacking vitamins like vitamin B1, B5, and B6. Please refer to 6 ways to relieve muscular cramps.
- 1. What are cramps?
- 2. 6 ways to relieve muscular cramps
- 2.1 Relieve muscular cramps: Use foods rich in potassium
- 2.2 Relieve muscular cramps: Use foods rich in Calcium, Magnesium
- 2.3 Relieve muscular cramps: Use Carbohydrate-rich foods
- 2.4 Relieve muscular cramps: Take vitamin B12 with food
- 2.5 Relieve muscular cramps: Always drink enough water
- 2.6 Relieve muscular cramps: Notes in movement and activities
- Share this post:
1. What are cramps?
✅ Cramping is a sudden, involuntary spasm that occurs in the muscles. Usually, cramps will last from a few seconds to a few minutes. This sphincter condition is often painful, even very painful, and can affect many different muscle groups. The intensity of the pain of a cramp may make you awake at night or have difficulty walking. The muscle groups in the legs are the most commonly affected muscle groups.
What is the cause of cramps ?
✅ There are many causes of cramps. Some common causes include :
- Due to exercise: Excessive use of muscle that causes muscle tension or holds the body in an extended position can cause cramps.
- Alcoholism: Drinking alcohol causes muscles to become weak, prone to cramps.
- Inadequate blood supply: The artery that nourishes your foot may be narrowed. This can lead to reduced blood supply to the muscles in the legs. When you walk, play sports … this anemia can cause cramping pain.
- A pinched nerve: A pinched nerve can also produce leg cramps. This pain is usually worse when you walk.
- Mineral deficiencies: Too little potassium, calcium, or magnesium in the menu can contribute to cramps. Diuretics – drugs often prescribed for people with high blood pressure – can also cause a deficiency of these minerals.
2. 6 ways to relieve muscular cramps
2.1 Relieve muscular cramps: Use foods rich in potassium
✅ Potassium is an important mineral when combined with sodium that helps regulate nerve conduction signals to muscles. Potassium is important for the functioning of the muscles and nervous system, and your muscles can cramp if you lack potassium. There are many types of potassium-rich foods you should eat such as bananas, avocados, soy, sweet potatoes, potatoes, pumpkins, fish …
2.2 Relieve muscular cramps: Use foods rich in Calcium, Magnesium
✅ Calcium works to contract muscle and magnesium works to relax muscles. Therefore, it is necessary to balance these 2 types of minerals in the body. Cramping the back and legs is a sign that the body is lacking in calcium. Get more calcium through milk and dairy products, sardines, kale, dark green leafy vegetables, tofu, and other soy products … Food sources of magnesium are nuts, leafy greens like melon pears, legumes, cereals.
2.3 Relieve muscular cramps: Use Carbohydrate-rich foods
✅ In the case of high-intensity exercise or prolonged sports competition, without adding carbohydrate-rich foods, the body will be easily depleted of Glycogen leading to cramps. You can supplement carbohydrates simply with the following foods: sweet potatoes, taro, brown rice, oats, bananas, cereals …
2.4 Relieve muscular cramps: Take vitamin B12 with food
✅ Studies show that B12 is very effective in treating cramps. Lack of vitamin B12 may be associated with low blood pressure, spasms, and muscle weakness. These conditions can contribute to muscle, cramps. This vitamin should be supplemented by good sources such as eggs, meat, dairy products, and cereals.
2.5 Relieve muscular cramps: Always drink enough water
✅ Occasionally not drinking enough water can cause muscle cramps. Make sure your body always has enough water to help you prevent this condition. You can drink more water after exercising to make up for lost water.
2.6 Relieve muscular cramps: Notes in movement and activities
- Limit the use of stimulants.
- Make it a habit to exercise your feet before you go to bed.
- Increase exercise regularly and warm up before exercise.
- Get into the habit of swimming, walking because these activities are both gentle, not too stressful, and help you train muscles.
- Avoid standing for long periods of time if you have pain.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Hyland’s Leg Cramps
✅ Hyland’s is celebrating over a century-long commitment to making safe and natural homeopathic medicines. They have always been driven by the simple scientific proof of how the body can call upon its own natural defenses to heal and restore balance. This is the basis of homeopathic medicine. So even during times when cultural and political factors have pushed homeopathic medicine from the mainstream, Hyland’s has solidly stood its ground with integrity and wisdom, knowing that as sure as the sun rises each day, their medicines are effective, virtually free of side effects and able to be taken by nearly anyone at any time, from infants to the elderly.
1️⃣ Hyland’s Leg Cramps Ointment
✅ Hyland’s Leg Cramps Ointment is made with natural, active ingredients for quick and targeted relief of leg cramps and leg pain. Hyland’s Leg Cramps Ointment should be used topically at the first sign of a muscle cramp to relieve pain and cramping. Hyland’s ointment does not contain aspirin, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, or naproxen and is safe to use with other medications.
How to use Hyland’s Leg Cramps Ointment :
- Read and follow label instructions.
- For adults and children over 6 years of age.
- Apply a liberal amount of ointment on the affected area.
- Massage into skin until absorbed.
- Apply 3 times a day, or as needed, until symptoms improve.
2️⃣ Hyland’s Leg Cramp Tablets
✅ Hyland’s Leg Cramps tablets are made with all-natural active ingredients for strong relief of leg cramps and leg pain. They do not contain Aspirin, Acetaminophen, or Ibuprofen and are safe to take with other medications.
How to use: Hyland’s Leg Cramp’s tablet formulation dissolves quickly under your tongue and is easily taken on-the-go. Always read and follow label instructions. For adults and children ages 12 and over: Dissolve 2-3 tablets under the tongue every 4 hours, or as needed.
3️⃣ Leg Cramps PM Tablets
✅ How wonderful would it be to have a full night of rest without having your legs wake you up? Leg cramps steal valuable hours of your sleep. Taken at the first twinge of a cramp, Hyland’s Leg Cramps delivers fast relief when you need it most, relaxing the cramp in the legs, calves, feet, and toes and easing the pain.
✅ Hyland’s Leg Cramps PM has the same effective ingredients as Hyland’s Leg Cramps, combined with a unique sleep formula to help you fall back asleep and stay asleep so you can enjoy a good night’s rest and wake up refreshed. The quick-dissolving tablets melt under your tongue without water. No more waking up in pain and wishing for relief. You’ve found it here with Hyland’s Leg Cramps PM.
How to Use Hyland’s Leg Cramps PM?
✔ Read and follow all label instructions.
✔ Adults and Children 12 years and over: Take 1-3 tablets before bed to help you fall asleep, stay asleep, and relieve leg cramps.
✔ After being woken by cramps: Take 1-2 tablets to relieve pain and help you get back to sleep.