Do you know that in modern society, the proportion of people with myopia, macular degeneration, and cataract is becoming more and more rejuvenated? In order to minimize eye diseases, besides having a scientific schedule, it is necessary to combine with a reasonable diet. Eye care foods rich in lutein, vitamin C, vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, antioxidants … help minimize the occurrence of eye diseases such as cataract or macular degeneration. The following is a list of the best foods for the eyes.
1. Good nutrients for the eyes
When choosing eye care products, we need to consider the good ingredients for the eyes. The main components used today are:
- Vitamin A: This is an antioxidant that protects the eyes, enhances mucosal and corneal health, fights bacterial or viral infections, speeds up the healing process of postoperative injuries. or other injuries. Vitamin A also helps the eyes form pigments to better adapt in the dark. If deficiency of Vitamin A can lead to dry eyes, night blindness, conjunctivitis.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two main components of the macula. This complete structure helps the eyes see clearly everything. Then the eyes do not have to regulate much, avoid eye strain, reduce the risk of disease. Sufficient supply of eye nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin helps the eyes avoid the risk of eye diseases, improved vision significantly, and slows down the natural aging process. These two nutrients are most commonly found in dark green leafy vegetables and red and yellow fruits. In particular, kale, spinach, and cauliflower are high in lutein and zeaxanthin is abundant in oranges, corn, red bell peppers …
- Fish oil: Fish oil with DHA, EPA is resistant to macular degeneration, reduces dry eyes.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B helps to increase the metabolism of eye cells, reduces visual nerve congestion, and maintains healthy eyesight. Lack of vitamin B causes blurred vision, eye strain, watery eyes, and convulsions.
- In addition to the common ingredients above, many products now also add other ingredients derived from nature to increase the effectiveness of eye rehabilitation such as ZinC, Blueberry, Coenzyme – Q10, Omega 3-6-9, …
2. Habits are harmful to the eyes
- Using computers, smartphones, and TVs: The continued use of computers and smartphones for a long time is the reason for reduced vision. The reason is that these devices constantly emit dangerous light (called blue light – the area of light seen in the optical spectrum with wavelengths from 450nm to 495nm) that we did not pay attention to, but silently damaging health, especially eyes. There are many signs to help you recognize this eye condition such as blurred vision, dry eyes, sore eyes, eye aches, myopia, astigmatism, …
- Reading: Reading a lot, not sitting correctly or distance from eyes to books … will lead to many eye problems, especially nearsightedness.
- Environment: Polluted air, insufficient light, or too bright are also causes of weak eyes.
- Eye hygiene: Improper eye hygiene is the cause of eye diseases. This is often due to the overuse of eyewash medications that irritate or use contaminated water.
3. Eye care foods list
✅ When it comes to eye foods, carrots are at the top of the list. Carrots have lots of vitamin A and beta-carotene, which help increase overall eye health. Vitamin A enhances the health of the vitreous, cornea, beta-carotene is a powerful antioxidant that helps to limit the harmful effects of free radicals. In addition, beta-carotene also helps to prevent cataracts and macular degeneration.
✅ Omega-3 in salmon helps reduce the risk of macular degeneration. In addition, salmon also helps reduce and limit the dry eyes that often occur in the elderly. In addition to omega-3, salmon also contains a lot of vitamin D that helps improve eye health and is an indispensable nutrient in the body’s development.
3.3 Leafy green vegetables
✅ Dark green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach, turnips … all contain two powerful antioxidants, zeaxanthin and lutein. These substances are located in the macula, which protects the eyes from harmful effects from the sun. In addition, these substances also absorb blue light (a kind of dangerous light emitted from electronic screens), blue light is extremely dangerous to the retina. Many studies indicate that zeaxanthin and lutein reduce the risk of cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
✅ Eggs are rich in eye-healthy substances like vitamin A, zinc, lutein, lecithin, B12, vitamin D, and cysteine. In addition to protein, egg yolks are a good source of lutein, zeaxanthin, zinc, and other substances that reduce the risk of macular degeneration in the eyes – one of the most common diseases that can cause blindness in the elderly. Vitamin A and lutein in eggs help prevent dry eyes and night blindness. The zinc in eggs helps your body absorb lutein and zeaxanthin from egg yolks.
✅ The ingredients of vitamin A, vitamin C, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin in tomatoes, help improve vision, prevent night blindness, macular degeneration, cataracts. A variety of eye problems involve the presence of free radicals. Vitamin A in tomatoes is a strong antioxidant and has the ability to eliminate free radicals very well.
3.6 Sweet potato
✅ Last on the list of good eye foods is sweet potatoes. The beta-carotene content in sweet potatoes enhances eye health. Similar to carrots, sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene, vitamins A, C, potassium … extremely good for the eyes.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Preservision | Areds 2 Formula
✅ Preservision Areds 2 eye tonic is a product recommended by eye specialists. The clinical studies of the product lasted for 5 years, were continuously revised (replacing beta-carotene with lutein and zeaxanthin), and completed in 2013.
Preservision Areds 2 eye supplement, fortified with vitamins and minerals that are good for the eyes, helps bright eyes, especially the product is considered suitable for people with age retinal degeneration (ADM)