Stomatitis may go away on its own in a few days, but it can also be painful and uncomfortable. The time it takes to wait for the mouth to heal is extremely uncomfortable because the wound will hurt every time you eat, drink, or talk. However, there are many home remedies for mouth ulcers to ease the pain and heal faster. The following measures are very effective to overcome mouth ulcers at home.
1. What is stomatitis?
✅ Stomatitis ( Mouth ulcers ) is a small, shallow sore on the surface of the mucosa in the oral cavity, tongue, gums. Although not dangerous but these ulcers cause pain, especially when eating, talking, swallowing saliva … Stomatitis is more common in women than in men. This condition can recur many times and can go away on its own in about a week without any special treatment.
Cause of stomatitis
- The most common in Stomatitis is caused by heat (according to Oriental medicine), which means that the body’s heat emits heat, which causes ulcers in the oral mucosa. Heat mouth sores are mild but make children very uncomfortable, tired, fussy, sleepless, and drooling so much that they lose weight due to the inability to eat or eat very little …
- It can also be seen that mouth sores caused by the Herpes virus also have symptoms such as heat sores.
- In young bodies due to lack of nutrition or poor absorption (although the family has tried their best to give children a good diet), some essential nutrients such as vitamin PP, vitamin C, and vitamin B12, folic acid, iron can also cause mouth ulcers …
- Mouth ulcers can also be caused by traumas that cause inflammation or stamping of the oral mucosa, for example when falling. It could also be caused by eating hot food that burns and then ulcers the oral mucosa.
- In addition, some people with immune dysfunction, such as AIDS or constant stress, may develop mouth ulcers.
- Whatever the cause of a mouth ulcer can make the person sick (both children and the elderly) painful, very uncomfortable, thin, insomnia and irritable.
2. Tips for cure stomatitis
2.1 Cure stomatitis : Use salt water
✅ Salt has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation and also has antibacterial properties. You should use physiological saline (0.9%) which will not cause irritation and dry mouth.
2.2 Cure stomatitis : Use baking soda
✅ Baking soda has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation. Baking soda will help you balance pH and reduce inflammation so that sores heal faster. Add some baking soda to a glass of warm water and rinse your mouth to improve your stomatitis.
2.3 Cure stomatitis : Yogurt
✅ According to Livestrong, yogurt contains many beneficial bacteria, helping to fight harmful bacteria. Therefore, eating yogurt may prevent the formation of new sores in the mouth.
2.4 Cure stomatitis : Use honey
✅ Because of its anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effect, honey is the favorite way of treating mouth sores. This natural material also helps prevent secondary infections. Apply honey 2-3 times a day. You should choose to buy pure, untreated honey to achieve a better wound healing effect. Honey can be applied once before bedtime and is no longer eating or drinking anymore so that this home remedy is more effective.
2.5 Drink tapioca starch
✅ Tapioca starch has a cool property, which reduces the risk of progression of mouth heat. This is also an effective and safe way to treat oral heat at home. Mix tapioca starch with boiling water and stir well. You can adjust the viscosity of the water by reducing the amount of tapioca you put in.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Orajel 3X Medicated For All Mouth Sores Gel
✅ Orajel™ is one of the most trusted brands of pain relief and oral care solutions for young children and adults. Whether soothing a teething baby, establishing an oral routine for your child, or relieving the pain of a toothache sufferer, they have oral care solutions for everyone in your family.
✅ Orajel™ 3X Medicated For All Mouth Sores Gel provides instant relief from mouth sore pain including canker sores, cold sores, and gum irritation, as well as cheek bites and irritation from dentures or braces. The formula combines the power of three active ingredients for fast topical pain relief, right where you need it most.
- 20% Benzocaine to Relieve Oral Pain
- Menthol to Soothe Gums
- Astringent to Help Protect Sores from Irritation
🔹 How to use: The product should only be used for adults and children over 2 years of age: Apply to affected area up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor.