Hoarseness is a common symptom in life, it greatly affects the quality of life and social interaction. It has many causes including dangerous diseases. You can use 4 home remedies for hoarseness …are very effective. However, if these methods do not improve your condition, you should go to health facilities to find a specific cause.
1. Causes of this situation
✅ The main cause of hoarseness is inflammation of the larynx, inflamed vocal cords, irritation, and hoarseness of the voice. If not treated promptly, acute laryngitis progresses to chronic laryngitis, making it difficult to treat. The main causes of laryngitis and hoarseness include:
- Using too much voice: We often abuse our voice, especially those who do things like singers, teachers, counselors …
- Viral infection or after suffering from flu, chronic sinusitis …
- Working in a hazardous environment, smoky, chemical.
- The weather changes suddenly.
- Smoke a lot.
- Gastroesophageal reflux.
2. Herbals to treat hoarseness
Using herbs to treat hoarseness is an effective and safe method. During hoarseness treatment, you should limit your vocal cords to rest for a few days to recover quickly.
- Ginger: Ginger is an excellent herbal remedy for hoarseness and wheezing. The main ingredients found in the ginger act as a cough medicine, helping to remove mucus and reducing itching sensations in the throat. Ginger also has a relaxing and calming effect on the throat.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is known to be extremely effective when you have laryngitis, hoarseness, sore throat and in particular, it is always available. Turmeric acts as an astringent, antiseptic, antibacterial, and protects and reduces irritation. Turmeric has been popularly used in traditional remedies for centuries. You can combine turmeric and honey, used in the morning.
- Mullein: Mullein is a large herb native to parts of Europe, North Africa, and Asia and is found in both the United States and Australia as a weed. Mullein contains flavonoids, saponins, tannins, terpenoids, glycosides, carbohydrates, proteins, fats, and oils. Mullein’s saponin is also used to make phlegm for cough, hoarseness. Mullein tea is a traditional treatment for breathing problems, alleviating wheezing, and hoarseness. Both leaves and flowers contain mucus, soothing the throat when stimulated.
- Grindelia: Grindelia is a group of medicinal plants of the Cuc family, very effective in treating hoarseness and wheezing. It is also an antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory drug, helping to treat bronchial problems, respiratory problems caused by asthma and sputum. Grindelia is made from dried flowers or leaves, boiled in water for 10-15 minutes, and must be taken at least three times a day to improve.
- Eucalyptus Oil: Eucalyptus oil contains natural antimicrobial and antiviral properties that make it one of the best treatments for hoarseness caused by laryngitis. It provides a soothing effect on the throat. The best way to cure the problem is to inhale the oil vapor – Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil with boiling water in a pan. Inhale from the solution for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can try lozenges and syrup containing eucalyptus oil.
- Licorice: Licorice contains excellent anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties that make it one of the most effective remedies for hoarseness caused by laryngitis. It helps to remove mucus by acting as natural sputum. Take a cup of water, boil a teaspoon of dried licorice root powder for 5 minutes. Drink licorice tea at least 2-3 times a day.
3. 4 home remedies for hoarseness
If you can’t use the above herbs, you can use the tips below to reduce hoarseness very effectively, the ingredients are easy to find and right in your kitchen.
3.1 Home remedies for hoarseness: Use salted lemon tea
✅ Lemons contain vitamin C, essential oils to help kill bacteria, reduce cough, effectively reduce phlegm, and salt can kill bacteria. Lemon tea with a pinch of salt will be a great combination when curing hoarseness, throat pain.
✅ Method: Mix 1 cup of hot tea with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of salt, stir. Lozenges for about 10 seconds and then spit it out, you can use a mixture of lemon tea and salt to rinse your mouth every morning and evening, helping to cure hoarseness, loss of voice very quickly.
3.2 Home remedies for hoarseness: Kumquat boiled with honey
✅ Kumquat is one of the folk remedies for treating hoarseness, effective voice loss, and how to do it quickly and simply.
✅ Method: Use 2 kumquat to cut into thin slices, add some alum or honey sugar, then bring to boil for 20 minutes. You can use this mixture to suck or eat both help treat hoarseness very well and helps eliminate.
3.3 Home remedies for hoarseness: Lemon, ginger, and salt
✅ Lemon, salted ginger not only helps treat cough, sore throat, hoarseness but also good for the respiratory system.
✅ Method: Mix a little ginger, then add a little lemon juice and salt, stir.
3.4 Home remedies for hoarseness: Honey and fresh lemon
✅ Honey and lemon help strengthen the resistance and antibacterial very effectively, especially in cases of sore throat, cough, sore throat, hoarseness … This dish is not only very effective but also provides nutrition and Essential minerals for the body against sore throat, laryngitis.
✅ Method: Cut the lemon into pieces, add a little honey to infuse the whole lemon. Soak the mixture for 1 – 2 hours and then use it slowly.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Sandt’s Honey
- Packing unfiltered raw honey since 1918—as the bees intended.
- Sandt’s is proud to be an established family-owned business, offering a rich legacy of commitment to quality for almost a century. The process is what makes them unique. Unlike the majority of honey sitting on store shelves today, they do not filter any of their honey, which would remove their natural nutrients. Nor do they add extenders, additives, or anything at all. Every bottle of Sandt’s honey is all genuine, pure honey.
- All of Sandt’s honey is kosher certified by the largest and most recognizable kosher certification organization in the country, OU (Orthodox Union).