Coconut water has long been considered a drink by pregnant women because of its effects on mother and baby. However, besides the great use, mothers should also note how to take as well as the appropriate time of pregnancy to avoid causing unwanted side effects. So what are the benefits of this water? And when should pregnant women drink coconut water?
1. Benefits of coconut water for pregnant women
1. Reduce the risk of dehydration
✅ During pregnancy, it’s important to stay hydrated. Due to meeting the mother’s blood circulation needs, maintaining amniotic fluid and blood circulation for the fetus, the mother’s daily demand for water also increases. Dehydration during pregnancy can lead to headaches, nausea, dizziness, even fainting. Drinking coconut water during pregnancy is not only a way to help pregnant women to get enough important micronutrients, but also to replenish amniotic fluid.
2. Strengthen the immune system
✅ Because coconut water has the necessary nutrients, it helps improve the immune system and reduce the risk of pregnancy. In addition, it is also rich in lauric acid which when converted into the body will be converted into monolaurin, effective against viruses, bacteria, antifungal helps protect the body from inflammatory diseases and boost the immune system.
3. Supplement the necessary micronutrients
✅ In addition to liquids, coconut water provides the micronutrients needed to keep the body sufficient as calcium, potassium, sodium, and phosphorus. These nutrients help maintain blood pressure, balance fluid, regulate PH, and enhance muscle activity. In addition to electrolytes, it also contains vitamins A, B, and many other vitamins. In particular, this water is completely natural, and pregnant women do not have to worry too much about preservatives that can harm their children. Low sugar content is also an advantage of coconut water compared to other nutritious drinks, this is more valuable when women can have gestational diabetes during pregnancy.
4. And many other uses …
✅ Improve kidney function, improve digestion, diuretic, soothe heartburn and constipation, reduce stomach acid, protect against infection, improve heart health, blood pressure status, maintain muscle weight be physically fit and manage excess fat, provide energy …
- Prevention of gestational diabetes: The sugar content of coconut water is also lower than other sugary drinks, reducing the risk of pregnant women with gestational diabetes.
- Diuretic: Coconut water contains many minerals such as potassium and magnesium so it will help pregnant women diuretic, remove toxins, and clean your urinary tract. This use is very beneficial for the kidneys, preventing urinary tract infections and reducing the risk of preterm birth in pregnant mothers.
- Reducing heartburn and constipation: Heartburn and constipation are two common and uncomfortable symptoms for pregnant women. The fiber in coconut water will help improve the digestive system, prevent constipation effectively. Coconut water also helps to improve metabolism, neutralize acids, and reduce symptoms of heartburn.
- Good for the heart: Coconut water contains potassium, magnesium, lauric acid … which is used to regulate blood pressure, increase good cholesterol, and reduce bad cholesterol. These essential vitamins and proteins also help improve blood circulation and are beneficial for the pregnant mother ‘s heart.
- Good for the skin: The moisturizing effect of coconut water is also very good for the skin, increasing elasticity for pregnant women and reducing stretch marks.
2. How to use effectively
- The most ideal time for women to drink coconut water is in 4, 5, 6 months of pregnancy. The first 3 months and the last 3 months of pregnancy should not drink, which is harmful to the fetus. Pregnant for the first 3 months, pregnant women should limit drinking coconut water, especially for pregnant women who have heavy morning sickness because coconut water can cause worse morning sickness. Moreover, with abundant nutrition, drinking coconut water regularly can make weight gain more than necessary in early pregnancy. In the last 3 months of pregnancy, you can use coconut water but with decreasing amounts compared to the 3 months in the middle of pregnancy.
- You should drink coconut water in the morning or at noon, limit drinking it at night because this is easy to cause cold welding, bowel movement is more affecting sleep quality.
- You should consult your doctor when drinking coconut water if you are ill or have a history of other medical conditions.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Vita Coco
✅ Vita Coco is the best-selling coconut water brand in the world, their product gives you the taste of the tropics – delicious coconut water with many different flavors very easy for you to use. Products are fortified with vitamins and electrolytes, which not only helps you quench your thirst. You can drink Vita Coco after a workout, with a meal or after a night out. Vita Coco is a smart alternative, fewer calories, and less sugar than most soda, sports drinks, and fruit juices.