As the macrobiotic diet movement grew, brown rice became increasingly popular with interesting dishes. Brown rice is not only nutritious food but also helps prevent many diseases such as diabetes, obesity, cancer … Many people also eat brown rice to lose weight to maintain a slim physique. What is brown rice? And what are Brown rice health benefits for diabetics?
- 1. What is brown rice?
- 2. Types of brown rice
- 3. Brown rice health benefits for diabetics
- 4. Some notes when using brown rice for diabetics
1. What is brown rice?
✅ Brown rice is an inadequately milled type of rice, so only remove the husk and keep the bran. If the rice completely removes the outer layer of bran, it becomes white rice, at this time the nutrients of the rice will be removed.
Brown rice is rich in cellular nutrients including starch, protein, fiber, B vitamins (B1, B3, B6), vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, and iron. In particular, vitamin B1 and fiber are much higher in regular white rice. As a result, brown rice is good for health in general and diabetics in particular.
2. Types of brown rice
✅ However, people with diabetes should eat black or red-brown rice, because these are low-sugar rice but have a lot of vitamins and fiber suitable for the diet of diabetes.
- Red-brown rice: identified by the red inside of the grain of rice, which is ground from reddish-brown rice. This type of rice is very good and suitable for vegetarians and dieters, ensuring full of nutrients.
- Black Brown Rice is a type of rice that is low in sugar but has lots of fiber and plant compounds that are good for health.
3. Brown rice health benefits for diabetics
3.1 Brown rice health benefits for diabetics: Helps regulate blood glucose levels
✅ Brown rice helps improve insulin synthesis in diabetics. In addition, brown rice contains B vitamins, and antioxidants play an important role in the metabolism of glucose in the body. Here are the effects of brown rice in reducing blood sugar levels :
- The glycemic index of brown rice is average. Therefore, brown rice is converted into sugar at a moderate pace but contains many nutritious products, which can replace some of the main foods in the meal.
- Brown rice is very high in fiber, the fiber in brown rice is effective against constipation, laxative, helps the digestive system work better. For people with diabetes, fiber now impedes the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream and helps diabetics better control their blood sugar, especially after eating.
- Brown rice helps regulate blood glucose levels: Brown rice contains B vitamins, and antioxidants play an important role in glucose metabolism in the body.
3.2 Brown rice health benefits for diabetics: Prevent diabetes complications
- Reducing cholesterol and protecting the heart: Brown rice contains fiber, carotenoids, phytosterols, omega 3 acids which are substances that work to prevent platelet aggregation and reduce bad cholesterol, reduce triglyceride levels, increase good HDL cholesterol, prevent the risk of stroke, stroke in diabetics.
- Good for the digestive system: The enzyme content and the amount of fiber in brown rice stimulates the digestive process to help prevent constipation and diarrhea.
- Strengthen the immune system: People with diabetes have a weaker immune system than normal. The sterols in brown rice are important for helping the immune system fight off bacteria, viruses, prevent cancer, slow down the aging process.
- Improve liver function: People with diabetes use drugs that impair liver function. Brown rice helps detoxify the body. Alpha-Lipoic acid is an agent that purifies the liver from poisoning by chemicals. Alpha-Lipoic acid has been expanded to treat cirrhosis, heavy metal poisoning, poisonous mushrooms …
4. Some notes when using brown rice for diabetics
- I’m not a culinary expert, I just gave you 3 dishes that are suggested: cooked brown rice, brown rice porridge, and brown rice tea, you can learn more on the Internet, Youtube.
- Brown rice has many beneficial effects on health, but with the condition that it is clean, it does not contain chemical and preservative residues.
- Although the food is recommended for diabetics, the glycemic index of brown rice is moderate so it can still provide starch and raise blood sugar, so diabetics need to pay attention to the diet. servings. Brown rice still has starch, so people with diabetes should watch the diet, if they have eaten brown rice at the main meal, they should cut off the starch in other foods. You should monitor your blood sugar after eating to help you plan on eating brown rice appropriately.
- A cup of cooked brown rice (~ 200g) will provide about 230 calories, 3.5 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein, 50 grams of carbohydrates (starch) and vitamins Vitamin B 6, Thiamin B1, Riboflavin B2, Niacin B 3, Folacin, Vitamin E, and other minerals. 1 meal you should eat 1 cup of small brown rice and normal foods with the principle of the diet for diabetes is to choose proteins from meat, fish, along with green vegetables of all kinds. Brown rice should only be used 2-3 times/week, because regular use does not bring much benefit, even backfire.
- Brown rice is very hard to eat, requiring soaking before cooking and cooking for a long time. When eating, you should chew thoroughly to swallow water, otherwise, it will cause indigestion.
- Brown rice is the only food to cure and prevent disease but does not have the main effect of treating diabetes.
5. Recommended for you :
🎁 NISHIKI Premium Brown Rice
✅ Japanese rice is being popularized in many countries around the world, especially Japanese brown rice with delicious taste and high nutritional value. The Nishiki brand of rice has long been known for producing quality and nutritious rice products. Nishiki brown rice is sticky and fragrant when cooked.
✅ The Halki diabetes cure is a method studied and brought to the public by Amanda Feerson and Eric Whitfield. The program originated from a Greek technique – on an island inhabited for the first time by the remedy to effectively control their blood sugar. Halki Diabetes Remedy Review – CLICK HERE ➡
✅ This is a complete program of George Reilly and James Freeman. This strategy is built from 21 different studies from famous organizations like Harvard. It works by showing you what to eat and what not to eat, tips, and other tips on how you can improve your diabetes and health. This program is not only scientific theories but it has been proved to be effective by many users for a long time. Diabetes Freedom Program | Review – CLICK HERE ➡
✅ Learn the truth about scientifically proven diabetes treatments and embark on the path to kicking your diabetic butt forever. Scientists have gathered hundreds of suppressed scientific research and powerful medical research into one step-by-step readable and understandable health guide called “7 Steps to Protect Health and Diabetes”. It has been used to help tens of thousands of diabetics worldwide. In “7 Steps to Protect Health and Diabetes” you will learn:
- Foods to Avoid: A brochure for food products to avoid. This will help you manage your diabetes without having to force yourself on harsh and unwise diets, simply knowing which foods to limit.
- Healthy and unhealthy fats: This book covers everything you need to know about healthy and unhealthy fats. He explained that omega-3 fats are often found in fish and what it can do for your body. He also shared information about a common spice in your kitchen that could help your glucose metabolism work 20 times more effectively.
- Foods that serve as medicines: The author along with his team, researched what foods help your immune system. They also explore and discover foods that are good at stabilizing glucose levels. According to their research, these foods offer more benefits than diabetes medications. More importantly, they are not harmful nor have side effects.
- How to get rid of harmful food: This book will teach you how to stop consuming harmful foods effectively and what you can eat instead. Avoiding these foods will help you resolve diabetes and see an immediate improvement in your symptoms.
- About diabetes medication: The truth about diabetes medication is that it does nothing to cure diabetes. It treats the symptoms for a certain time. But as time goes by, you become immune to it requiring a higher dosage. Moreover, their side effects are even more fatal than diabetes itself.
- And finally: There is a conspiracy thought by major drug companies to combat natural cures for diabetes. They would rather keep their profits than help people get well naturally.
✅ You may not know that inflammation can be the most likely cause of your type 2 diabetes. Inflammation may be the reason why your cells ignore insulin (also known as insulin resistance). And inflammation can also cause your pancreas to shrink and die.
✅ What the author of this program – Jodi Knapp discovered in the study of type 2 diabetes, is that only diet and small lifestyle changes can completely alleviate inflammation and control type 2 diabetes of you. So he created a 3-step system to reduce blood sugar and inflammation with these small changes. In the Type 2 Diabetes Strategy you will get:
- The number of carbs you need to eat to have a chance against type 2 diabetes.
- 3 little-known superfoods that effectively control blood sugar.
- 13 compelling ways to liven up any dish – without added sugar or calories.
- 4 low-carb fruits that lower blood sugar.
- Tantalizing – low-carb recipes that stimulate your appetite.
- 50 dangerous foods that you MUST avoid to treat your type 2 diabetes (WARNING: Many of these are considered beneficial but are not!)
- $ 2.49 supermarket items instantly reduce your glycemic index.
- 15 supplements, supported by university research for safety and effectiveness, even more than most type 2 diabetes medications!
- And much, much more!
🎁 Care Touch Diabetes Testing Kit
✅ Care Touch wants to make it easy to keep track of your glucose levels with their high-tech monitor. Using their technology, you can stay up-to-date with your diabetes treatment and management. Always be aware of how your body is functioning on a day-to-day basis with a few simple steps. Keep track of your blood using the new, state-of-the-art Care Touch monitoring system, featuring :
- Compact design, easy to manipulate users.
- Fast Test Results in 5 Seconds or Less.
- Small Blood Sample Size – 0.5µL.
- A memory of 300 results and a 14-day average glycemic index makes it easy to control the condition.
- And more …