Sleep is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Many people do so many things to get a good night’s sleep even to take medicine to help them sleep. Meanwhile, some people start sleeping as soon as they lie down on the pillow. You will learn how good sleep is important to your health until you have all night awake. The benefits of sleep are comparable to the best tonics because it is a natural method of nourishing the body. 5 Health benefits of sleep include: Work efficiently, Skin beauty, Increased longevity, Increase Immune and Happiness.
1. 5 Health benefits of sleep
1.1 Health benefits of sleep: Work efficiently
✅ Deep sleep will give the brain time to rest and do the tasks of screening and regenerating memories. Getting enough sleep will result in more energizing energy, positive thinking, and more sensitive information processing. Get enough sleep helps us have better memory, eliminate negative memories, not important. Increase the memorization and reception of new information. If you have a good night’s sleep, you will have a refreshing and clear mind, this will encourage your creativity.
1.2 Health benefits of sleep: Skin beauty
✅ Once you get enough sleep, you can manage your weight better even when you’re sleeping. Sleeplessness can lead to increased stress, which can lead to eating out of control. The body lacks sleep, fatigue is also the reason why the body can not consume calories well, accumulate for a long time, and turn into excess fat. In addition, when getting enough sleep and deep sleep, the skin will always be protected and have enough conditions to regenerate cells, protect the skin from premature aging.
1.3 Health benefits of sleep: Increased longevity
✅ During sleep, the organs in the body will detoxify, regenerate, and recover after a long day. Inadequate sleep causes the accumulation of toxins that will damage beneficial cells, forming a higher risk of cancer than people who get enough sleep. According to the researchers who sleep less than 6 hours a day have a 12% higher risk of premature death than those who get enough sleep.
1.4 Health benefits of sleep: Increase Immune
✅ A good night’s sleep boosts the immune system. A good night’s sleep increases the number of white blood cells, destroying harmful bacteria. If you’re sleep-deprived, you can increase your risk of diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
1.5 Health benefits of sleep: Happiness
✅ People who have insomnia are at higher risk of anger and a higher risk of heart disease. Anger increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, etc. Sleep affects a lot of psychology and spirit. Good or deep sleep helps you have a better spirit, positive energy to live.
2. Common causes of insomnia
Insomnia is increasing due to modern lifestyles, which greatly affects the quality of life of many people. There are many causes of insomnia, here are some common causes:
- Age-induced insomnia: The cycle of sleep-wake changes with age. When the age of psychophysiology changes, the time spent for sleep will be less, you often sleep late and wake up early, even sleepless at night, even though you sleepless or not sleep during the day.
- Insomnia due to stress: The burdens and stresses of life make nervous nerves, your body always in the state of tiredness, stress, make sure you can hardly sleep well. When the brain and organs in the body are not relaxed will easily lead to sleep disorders.
- Pathological insomnia: Some conditions such as osteoarthritis, flu, sinusitis, stomach ulcers, colon, blood pressure, or urinary disorders, your sleep is also greatly affected. In addition, when using caffeine-containing drugs that stimulate the brain to become more excited, it is also one of the reasons that make it difficult for you to sleep.
- Insomnia due to the external environment: Noise (neighbors, vehicles, or construction projects) or light (from electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops) also significantly affect your sleep.
- If prolonged insomnia will cause many harmful effects to your health: the risk of high blood pressure will increase, depression, cognitive decline, even cancer …