Turmeric has been a product used by many people. They are safe natural food and bring a lot of uses for human life. From the use of meals as an attractive spice, beauty effects or healing effects are also in turmeric. The health benefits of turmeric powder are because it contains the active ingredient Curcumin. Curcumin is a medicinally recognized substance with many beneficial effects on health, and it is increasingly used in medical products.
1. The active ingredient of Turmeric
✅ Turmeric contains a lot of active ingredients such as fatty acids, essential oils, polysaccharides … However, the most important main ingredient that makes the effects of Turmeric is curcumin (6%), which is the yellow ingredient for Turmeric. Although it has been found for a long time, only in recent decades, people have started to study the pharmacological effects of this type of active ingredient. Curcumin has 2 extremely impressive pharmacological effects: antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It is these two great effects that have been researched and applied to biological products for beauty and health care and treatment of intractable diseases such as inflammation, cancer, diabetes …
2. Top 6 health benefits of turmeric powder
2.1 Health benefits of turmeric powder: Preventing inflammation
✅ Curcumin is a natural active ingredient with a very good molecular-level anti-inflammatory mechanism. Helps block NF-kB molecules, which are able to enter the cell nucleus, trigger inflammation, and play a major role in causing many chronic diseases. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory active ingredient, it prevents and treats chronic diseases such as asthma, heart disease, and premature aging. Moreover, the curcumin compound in turmeric also cures various pain caused by inflammation such as rheumatoid arthritis, peptic ulcer, etc.
2.2 Health benefits of turmeric powder: Support better digestion
✅ Stimulates digestion: Curcumin in turmeric stimulates the production of healthy digestive juices in the stomach, supporting the whole digestive process.
✅ Treatment of stomach ulcers: Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties have the ability to reduce any type of inflammation or ulcers in the digestive tract, so it may help treat stomach pain. In addition, turmeric has the ability to neutralize acids, control gastritis, and heartburn. Curcumin extract in turmeric can kill H. pylori bacteria and even kill resistant H. pylori. To use turmeric to treat gastrointestinal ulcers, you can mix turmeric with honey into 100 ml of warm water. Drink 2 times a day, drink 30 minutes after a meal, use continuously for 2 months, you will see the condition. The disease improved. This medicine reduces gastric secretion, protects the gastric mucosa, helps increase bile secretion, reduces bloating, stasis, indigestion.
✅ Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: Some nutrients in turmeric can treat irritable bowel syndrome, a type of digestive disorder that causes constipation, diarrhea, flatulence … Besides, turmeric contains an anti-bacterial substance, which is able to clean bacteria and toxins that cause diarrhea in your body.
✅ Reduce nausea: A glass of turmeric water, hot ginger is the best way to reduce nausea and vomiting effectively.
✅ Prevention of colon cancer: According to Live Strong, a study published in 2010 in the World Journal of Gastrointestinal Oncology, colorectal cancer is the fourth most common cancer in both men and women. Curcumin in turmeric has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant effects, helping to eliminate toxins of free radicals – causes the growth of colorectal cancer cells.
2.3 Health benefits of turmeric powder: Antioxidant
✅ According to NCBI, Curcumin has a powerful antioxidant ability that can even compare antioxidant abilities with vitamins E and C. The effects of Curcumin have the ability to stimulate the activity of inherent antioxidant enzymes of The body also has the ability to neutralize free radicals, helping to break reaction sequences of free radicals. This helps turmeric to prevent cancer caused by free radicals.
2.4 Health benefits of turmeric powder: Improve immune system
✅ The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory active ingredients in turmeric have the ability to boost the body’s immune system. In addition, curcumin in turmeric helps increase the number of lymphocytes and macrophages, treats immune disorders and prevents chronic diseases.
2.5 Health benefits of turmeric powder: Prevention of cardiovascular diseases
✅ Curcumin helps prevent heart attacks, strokes are resistant to platelet coagulation and helps improve the function of the heart endothelial cells. When drinking turmeric, you will be provided with an extra amount of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and a rich source of curcumin, which is very effective in preventing cardiovascular diseases – one of the most deadly diseases in the world.
2.6 Health benefits of turmeric powder: Smoothens skin
✅ The curcumin effect on the skin is also shown by helping skin ruddy, enhance beauty, help eliminate freckles, help reduce acne. Curcumin is one of the powerful antioxidants (8 times more than vitamin E). Curcumin in turmeric essence helps to destroy melanin (the cause of melasma, dark skin) quickly helps eliminate melasma, fade quickly. Drinking turmeric starch is one of the popular secrets of skincare for women. Turmeric helps acne heal faster, reduce symptoms of aging skin and oil on the face.
Method: You can use 1-2 teaspoons of turmeric powder mixed with milk or warm water to drink or you can use turmeric starch as a natural mask combined with cucumber, honey, potatoes … to remove skin dead, moisturize the skin …
👨⚕️ Distinguish real or fake turmeric starch with soap.
✅ The curcumin in turmeric reacts with alkali, so you can try turmeric with washing powder or soapy water.
Method: Mixing turmeric into soapy water, if turmeric turns red, is the pure product. If brown appears like cocoa, it is certainly not genuine.
3. Notes when using Turmeric
If possible, use turmeric in the form of turmeric as a spice or supplement. When using turmeric, you should pay attention to the following :
- Turmeric should be used in sufficient quantities for the best effect, should not be abused because if using turmeric with excessive amounts, in the long run, it will have the opposite effect causing some diseases such as stomach irritation, diarrhea, sweating, hot in person …
- Women with menstrual periods should limit drinking turmeric, because turmeric has a blood-activating effect, making the condition worse.
- Because turmeric is hot, it should not be used by pregnant women because it will stimulate the uterus and affect the fetus.
- Turmeric starch will be difficult to absorb if you drink in the usual way. You should supplement with synthetic vitamins containing piperine to increase nutrient absorption from turmeric. Or if possible, use nano curcumin for better absorption.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Simply Organic Ground Turmeric Root
- Simply Organic is a 100% certified organic line of spices, seasoning mixes, and baking flavors. Their pure, potent spices, seasonings, and extracts bring a real bite to everything you make, eat, and share. Their goal is to help the millions of food insecure by not only providing funds and support to make organic food more accessible but also in developing the next generation of leaders in sustainable and socially just organic agriculture.
- Simply Organic Turmeric Root Ground Certified Organic comes in 2.38-ounce containers. Also known as Indian saffron and yellow root, this bright yellow powder is the dried and ground rhizome of the Curcuma longa root, which is a member of the ginger (Zingiberaceae) family. Their ground turmeric (Curcuma longa) root contains a minimum of 4% curcumin — the key component people look for.No GMOs.Not irradiated.Deep, golden-yellow hue. Pungent, distinctive aroma.
🎁 Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine 95% Curcuminoids 1950mg with Black Pepper for Best Absorption
✅ Nature’s Nutrition premium Turmeric Curcumin has been shown to support joint, heart, and brain health. BioPerine, a patented black pepper extract has been shown to improve the absorption of many herbs and spices. Turmeric Curcumin Extract with BioPerine black pepper supplement provides as much as 2000x better absorption than consuming normal turmeric capsules alone.