The medicinal mushroom is a mushroom that contains compounds known to have health benefits, including Turkey Tails. Turkey Tails (Trametes versicolor) is native to Europe and North America. This type of mushroom usually grows on dead logs in the forest. Turkey Tails has long been used to support immune health, in Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as Native American herbs. Each part of the mushroom has unique properties that support health and serve different purposes for the organism, but it’s the fruiting body that gets the most attention and is most familiar.
1. The active ingredient in Turkey Tails
✅ Turkey Tails provide nutrients like selenium, vitamin D and vitamin B3, polysaccharides, proteins, minerals, and B vitamins, they are also low in fat. In particular, the fruiting body of this fungus contains polysaccharides, namely a type called beta-glucans, that have been studied to support immune health and overall health, as well as growth and increase normal healthy cell growth. Turkey Tails is the most widely studied fungus and many strains have been studied, analyzed, and selected to produce beta-glucans.
2. Turkey Tails health benefits
✅ Oxidative stress is the result of an imbalance between antioxidants and unstable molecules called free radicals. This can lead to chronic cell damage and inflammation and is linked to an increased risk of developing a number of conditions including cancer and heart disease.
✅ Turkey Tails contains an impressive range of antioxidants that help inhibit or reduce the damage caused by oxidative stress. In fact, one study found more than 35 different phenolic compounds in a sample extracted from Turkey Tails, along with flavonoid, quercetin and baicalein antioxidants. Phenol and flavonoid antioxidants promote immune system health by reducing inflammation and stimulating the release of protective body compounds.
2.2 Strengthen immunity
✅ This is probably the most impressive benefit of Turkey Tails. Krestin (PSK) and Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP) are the two types of polysacaropeptides found in Turkey Tails mushrooms. Both PSK and PSP possess powerful immune-boosting properties. They promote immune response by activating and inhibiting specific types of immune cells and by inhibiting inflammation. Test-tube studies have demonstrated that PSP increases mononucleosis – this type of white blood cell fights infections and boosts immunity. PSK stimulates cells that promote immunity to toxins and regulate immune responses. In addition, PSK activates specialized white blood cells called macrophages, protecting your body against harmful substances like some bacteria.
2.3 Improve digestive health
✅ Keeping a balance of beneficial bacteria in your gut is important to maintaining a strong immune system. Your gut bacteria interact with immune cells and directly affect your immune response. Turkey Tails contains prebiotics, which helps nourish these useful bacteria. An 8-week study in 24 healthy people found that consuming 3,600 mg of turkey tail extract daily led to beneficial changes in gut bacteria and prevented the growth of E.Coli and shigella.
✅ Another in vitro study found that the extract of Turkey Tails helps to change the composition of intestinal bacteria by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria such as Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus while reducing harmful bacteria, such as Clostridium and Staphylococcus. It helps improve symptoms like diarrhea, boosts the immune system, lowers cholesterol levels, reduces the risk of certain cancers, and improves digestion.
2.4 Turkey Tails other benefits
- Cancer treatment support: Turkey Tails selectively causes cytotoxic effects on cancer cells without affecting normal cells. Because of its many beneficial compounds, shiitakes are often used in tandem with traditional treatments such as chemotherapy as a natural way to fight some cancers. Another review of 8 studies on 8,000 people with gastric cancer demonstrated that those who received chemotherapy with Turkey Tails lived longer after surgery compared to those who received unused chemotherapy.
- Can improve sports performance: A study showed that Turkey Tails extract improved exercise performance and reduced fatigue.
- May improve insulin resistance: Turkey Tails contains antioxidants, such as flavonoids and phenols, which can reduce inflammation. You may not know inflammation is one of the causes of diabetes. A study in rats with type 2 diabetes demonstrated that turkey tail extract significantly reduced blood sugar levels and improved insulin resistance.
3. Notes when using Turkey Tails
- Turkey Tails is considered safe. However, some people may experience digestive symptoms like bloating.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Om Organic Mushroom Superfood Powder, Immune, 7.05 Ounce (100 Servings), Reishi & Turkey Tail, Immune Support Supplement
✅ OM is the leading producer of the highest quality certified organic functional mushroom powders that contribute to optimal health.
✅ Defend your wellbeing with this powerful combination of 4 organic mushrooms species known for their full spectrum immune benefits. Let Mother Nature protect you with beta-glucans, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, fiber, and antioxidants to keep your body battle-ready. These mushrooms are on a mission. Directions: Follow usage directions on the label.