When the immune system is weakened, bacteria, viruses, and toxins can attack the body, leading to dangerous diseases. To strengthen the immune system, we need to practice a healthy lifestyle through eating and exercising. These 6 ways to boost your immune system helps us fight off the agents when they have invaded the body. Let’s find out.
- 1. Bad habits weaken the immune system
- 2. Ways to boost your immune system
- 2.1 Ways to boost your immune system: Exercise regularly
- 2.2 Ways to boost your immune system: Good sleep and control stress
- 2.3 Ways to boost your immune system: Do not smoke
- 2.4 Ways to boost your immune system: Limit alcohol intake
- 2.5 Ways to boost your immune system: Use Vitamin C
- 2.6 Ways to boost your immune system: Use probiotic supplements
- 2.7 Ways to boost your immune system: Use the morning sun
- 2.8 Ways to boost your immune system: Garlic
- 2.9 Ways to boost your immune system: Ginseng
- Share this post:
1. Bad habits weaken the immune system
✅ The immune system helps to protect the body from external harmful agents such as fungi, bacteria, viruses, or from the inside as diseased cells. Therefore, when the immune system is compromised, pathogens attack and impair your health. Studies have also shown that people with weakened immune systems are at higher risk of getting sick than normal people like colds, flu, infections, and more dangerous things like cancer. Many daily habits make your immune system seriously impaired :
- Lack of sleep: During sleep, the body stimulates the immune system to attack new types of bacteria and viruses. The lack of continuous sleep for 6 days will prevent the immune system from becoming resistant, increasing the risk of many illnesses from the flu, infections to the heart, diabetes.
- Inactivity: Being lazy to exercise can make you more susceptible to the disease and when it gets worse. A study by the British Journal of Sports Medicine found that people who exercised once a week were 42% more likely to suffer from respiratory infections than those who exercised at least five times a week.
- Improper diet: An unreasonable diet can weaken immunity that many people often don’t expect. Eating too many processed foods, animal fat is not good for the body, harmful to the immune system, causing inflammation. Therefore, the advice for nutritionists is to develop a smart, scientific diet, especially to increase the intake of foods rich in antioxidants, help neutralize free radicals. The harm in the body, effectively controls the oxidation of immune cells.
- Abuse of antibiotics: Antibiotics break the control of the immune system for good and bad bacteria in the body. Research has shown that antibiotics can reduce white blood cells and protein molecules of the immune system.
- Drinking alcohol makes your white blood cells inefficient when attacking harmful bacteria and prevents the body’s ability to produce cells to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Overweight: Being overweight can reduce the number of white blood cells in the body. In addition, the amount of fat in the organs on the body adversely affects the immune system, easily infected.
- Not drinking enough water: Water is a very important component for the body, helping to eliminate toxins out. If not drinking enough water, urine can concentrate, which is an environment for pathogenic bacteria to invade and exist in the body, causing significant health effects.
2. Ways to boost your immune system
2.1 Ways to boost your immune system: Exercise regularly
✅ Being sedentary not only makes the body feel tired but also weakens the immune system. In contrast, even gentle exercise, such as brisk walking, helps stimulate white blood cells to work better, releasing endorphins that can reduce pain, stress, and sleep more, thereby improving immunity.
2.2 Ways to boost your immune system: Good sleep and control stress
✅ A lack of sleep increases the amount of cortisol hormone in the body, restraining the ability of the immune system to work for a long time. Studies have shown that people who are sleep deprived receive less protection from the vaccine than people who get enough sleep each day. Accordingly, our immune response will be suppressed during sleep deprivation and fewer antibodies to some vaccines. So if exposed to the virus, we would be more susceptible to infection despite having the vaccine.
2.3 Ways to boost your immune system: Do not smoke
✅ Smoking habits directly affect the immune system, weaken the immune system, and increase the risk of bronchitis and pneumonia for both smokers and people who inhale cigarette smoke.
2.4 Ways to boost your immune system: Limit alcohol intake
✅ Like smoking, drinking too much alcohol weakens the immune system and increases the likelihood of pneumonia. Therefore, to protect our health, we should limit the consumption of alcohol to keep the immune system healthy.
2.5 Ways to boost your immune system: Use Vitamin C
✅ Citrus fruits like lemon, orange, tangerine, and grapefruit are good sources of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps to strengthen the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells. In addition, this fruit also has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and natural antibacterial properties.
2.6 Ways to boost your immune system: Use probiotic supplements
✅ Products like yogurt provide a rich source of beneficial bacteria that help boost the immune system effectively and provide a barrier to protect the body from bacteria in the digestive tract.
2.7 Ways to boost your immune system: Use the morning sun
✅ Sunlight affects the production of vitamin D. The lack of a good source of vitamin D increases the risk of respiratory infections. One study found that providing vitamin D reduced the risk of influenza A. Influenza A is an acute respiratory infection caused by influenza A, H1N1, H5N1, and H7N9 viruses.
2.8 Ways to boost your immune system: Garlic
✅ Garlic is a broad-spectrum antibiotic center and boosts the immune system. Garlic has many effects on health, especially strengthening the resistance to help prevent colds and flu. The daily supplement of garlic provides allicin to the body, which helps reduce 63% of the risk of flu.
2.9 Ways to boost your immune system: Ginseng
✅ Ginseng contains a lot of amino acids and trace minerals help strengthen the immune system, reduce symptoms of fatigue, body weakness … The effect of ginseng is too much, if possible, to use ginseng to maintain the best health and fitness.
3. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm Rapid Immune Boost Liquid Herbal Formula for Active Immune Support
✅ Herb Pharm’s top-selling immune system support formula. Expertly formulated to provide active support of the immune system. A fast-absorbing blend of Echinacea, Goldenseal, Osha, Black Elderberry – are herbs that are effective in supporting the immune system.
🎁 Nature’s Way Sambucus Elderberry Gummies, Herbal Supplements with Vitamin C and Zinc
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature.
✅ Nature’s Way Standardized Sambucus is the superior black elderberry extract. Premium ElderberriesMade with unique, full-spectrum black elderberry extract that is from a unique blend of black elderberries that are naturally richer in Flavonoid BioActives. Elderberry gummies are made from a unique cultivar of black elderberries with a higher level of naturally-occurring flavonoids; each serving delivers 50 mg of black elderberry extract, vitamin C and Zinc (also very good for the immune system). Directions: Adults and children 4 years of age and older chew 2 gummies daily. Safety Information: If pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications, consult a healthcare professional before use.