Sarsaparilla is an herb commonly found in tropical and temperate regions around the world. This herb has become popular because roots contain high levels of nutrients and organic compounds that can be added to soups and stews and are widely used in traditional medicine. For centuries, indigenous people around the world have used sarsaparilla root to treat joint problems like arthritis and heal skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. Sarsaparilla is now found in herbal preparations with many health benefits as treats diseases like improving immune function, reducing arthritis…
1. The components of Sarsaparilla
Researchers have identified many of the chemical properties that act in restoring spirit, including powerful antioxidants, along with anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory compounds. These include:
- Saponin. Anti-inflammatory chemical compounds have a bitter taste and help kill fungi, bacteria, cancer cells, and harmful bacteria. Saponin also naturally mimics the effects of several reproductive hormones related to youthful traits, including testosterone and estrogen. Sarsaparilla contains about 2% steroidal saponins.
- Plant sterols. Found in many foods rich in plant fiber and has been shown to benefit gut health, heart health, and digestive health.
- Flavonoid antioxidants. Found in brightly colored fruits and vegetables, such as berries, and is linked to longevity, reduced inflammation, skin health, eye health, and improved immune function. One of the most important flavonoids found in subdued clothing is called astilbin, kaempferol, and quercetin.
- Starch: The root has about 50% starch and when eaten provide fiber and other nutrients.
- Micronutrients: Including iron, magnesium, selenium, calcium, and zinc.
2. Top 4 Sarsaparilla health benefits
2.1 Sarsaparilla health benefits: Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial
✅ Sarsaparilla is rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. That’s because sarsaparilla contains many different compounds including parillin, saponins, and other flavonoids that have antioxidant, immune, and anti-inflammatory effects.
✅ This effect helps Sarsaparilla to treat skin infections, psoriasis, eczema. Sarsaparilla extract is used to help treat coughs, colds, and flu in many ways, boost immune function, kill bacteria, reduce cough frequency or intensity, and increase mucus clearance. If you are suffering from any type of inflammatory problem, such as gout, arthritis, or even muscle and joint pain, the active ingredients of the sarsaparilla can help alleviate the pain.
2.2 Sarsaparilla health benefits: Hormonal balance
✅ The human body consists of many hormones necessary for human survival and growth. And sarsaparilla has been shown to stimulate hormones, so the benefits of sarsaparilla are actually linked to health. Research shows that saponins and plant steroids present in the subdivision can help mimic the effects of natural reproductive hormones and growth steroids, including estrogen and testosterone.
✅ This herb is really effective in reducing some symptoms of menopause and stimulating libido. Sarsaparilla extract has several organic compounds that have been shown to increase blood flow as well as increase sperm motility, thereby increasing the chances of conception along with improving overall sex. In other words, sarsaparilla is beneficial in the treatment of sexual impotence in men and women.
2.3 Sarsaparilla health benefits: Liver Protection
✅ Traditionally, sarsaparilla root teas have also been used to clean the blood, improve liver function, and remove toxins from the body. In addition, sarsaparilla tea is also a natural laxative and diuretic, acting as an internal cleanser to remove toxins from the body, excess salt, toxins, fats, and water out of the body. Sarsaparilla may also aid in the removal of mucus in the lungs and push toxins out through the pores in sweat.
2.4 Sarsaparilla health benefits: Cancer prevention
✅ A number of studies have found evidence of at least 24 extracts obtained in sarsaparilla roots, stems, leaves, and fruits to help treat or prevent cancer naturally. The majority of pharmacological benefits are attributed to the concentration of natural flavonoids, steroids, and saponins. These antioxidants can also neutralize free radicals, thought to cause cancer. A polyphenol of a variant of the sarsaparilla tree was found to have anti-breast effects according to a Chinese study.
3. Notes when using Sarsaparilla
When using sarsaparilla extract or supplements for the treatment of osteoarthritis and hormonal balance, you should keep the following in mind:
- Sarsaparilla when used in large amounts in pharmaceuticals, only causes gastric irritation side effects when used in large amounts.
- Pregnant and lactating women should not use it.
- Sarsaparilla can act as a diuretic, which makes the body dehydrated, the kidneys work harder and people with kidney failure can have serious medical conditions.
Recommended for you
🎁 Nature’s Answer Alcohol-Free Sarsaparilla Root
✅ From humble beginnings back in 1972 to their modern state-of-the-art facility, Nature’s Answer has evolved into one of today’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturers of high-quality nutritional products. Their herbal formulas stand the test of time – over four decades of performance. With state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, Nature’s Answer has the facility to analyze the quality and purity of each plant used to produce their products. Nature’s Answer Sarsaparilla Root extract gives you a full 2,000 mg of Sarsaparilla root (Smilax Medica) in every serving. Directions: As a dietary supplement take 1-2 mL (approx. 28-56 drops) 3 times a day in a small amount of water.
🎁 Buddha Teas Organic Sarsaparilla Root Tea
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags.
✅ If you like the smooth, sweet taste of cream soda or root beer, you are going to love Organic Sarsaparilla Root Tea. Unlike commercially produced drinks, Organic Sarsaparilla Root Tea boasts many health benefits. This tea supports healthy liver function. Plus, it contains a class of chemicals called Saponins that clean out waste in the body and purify the blood. Sarsaparilla Root Tea needs a good boil at 205-221 degrees and steep of 3-6 minutes to extract the full flavor and optimum benefits. Cover the cup while it steeps, remove the teabag, and enjoy! For iced tea, use several tea bags and store in the refrigerator in a glass or ceramic container for up to 48 hours.