Raspberry is an herb that is native to Europe and North Asia and is grown in temperate regions around the world. The United States is the world’s third-largest producer of raspberries. Most American raspberries are grown in California, Washington, and Oregon. Raspberry is known to have lots of nutrients that provide many health benefits. Especially vitamins and antioxidants and fiber. These substances help the body fight free radicals, weight loss, and many other effects.
1. The active ingredient in raspberries
✅ Raspberries have quite varied nutritional content. According to scientists, the composition of the fruit contains organic acids, mostly citric acid, malic, salicylic, and tannin. In addition, Raspberries contain many nutrients such as flavonoid compounds (kaempferol, anthocyanin, quercetin …), vitamin C (53.7%), fiber (31%), folic acid, omega-3, vitamin K (plays an important role in blood clotting), vitamin E and minerals such as manganese (41%), Mg, Cu, Zn, K … Especially in this fruit also has an ellagic acid is a form of tannins that help prevent oxidation. Raspberries are also the highest antioxidant content of any fruit, with levels 10 times higher than tomatoes. These antioxidants help protect the cell membrane, protect the body structure by neutralizing harmful free radicals.
✅ With a low-calorie content (220 g raspberry contains only 62 calories, 1 g fat, and 14 carbohydrates) and high fiber content, Raspberries are very suitable for those who are dieting. The glycemic index (GI) in the raspberry is only 15, which is a very safe level for blood sugar.
2. Top Raspberry health benefits
2.1 Raspberry health benefits: Antioxidant
✅ Antioxidants are plant compounds that help protect your cells from oxidation. Oxidative stress is associated with a higher risk of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and other diseases. Raspberries contain many powerful antioxidants, including vitamin C, quercetin, and ellagic acid. Compared to other berries, raspberries have similar antioxidant content to strawberries. This has many beneficial effects:
- Increasing resistance: In raspberries are high in Vitamin C, an important vitamin that plays a key role in strengthening the body’s resistance. Vitamin C is an integral part of collagen in bones, connective tissue, and blood vessels. The vitamin C in raspberry increases the concentration of antioxidants and helps blood cells prevent the entry of external viruses. Antioxidants like phenol and anthocyanin also enhance the body’s resistance.
- Cancer prevention: Raspberry has many types of flavonoids, which are effective antioxidants and anti-cancer. Raspberries have the highest concentration of antioxidants of any fruit on the ground (almost 10 times more than tomatoes). Ellagic acid, a natural antioxidant found in fruits and vegetables and common in berries, is also abundant in raspberries. These antioxidants play an important role in reducing oxidative stress, reducing inflammation, repairing DNA, and thereby limiting the growth or reproduction of cancer cells.
- Anti-aging: Raspberries are high in antioxidants, which can help reduce the signs of aging by fighting free radicals in your body. Antioxidants are thought to be associated with a longer lifespan in various animal models and show anti-aging effects in humans. In an 8-week study, old rats fed a diet with raspberry 1% or 2% showed improved motor function, including balance and strength. In addition, antioxidants are essential for healthy skin. It can improve collagen production (especially vitamin C) and reverse skin damage caused by UV rays.
2.2 Raspberry health benefits: Maintain cardiovascular health
✅ An effect of raspberries that we can not ignore is the ability to enhance heart health. Potassium in raspberry with moderate content helps regulate the heart rate and blood pressure of the body. Raspberry is also rich in minerals like manganese, copper, and iron – compounds that are beneficial for the production of red blood cells and prevent anemia. Vitamin C in raspberries helps restore and strengthen the way blood vessels, help improve blood circulation, improve the activity of the heart.
2.3 Raspberry health benefits: Contains high fiber content
✅ Fiber is an indispensable ingredient in maintaining the function of the digestive system (a source of food to nourish healthy gut bacteria), improving symptoms of flatulence, indigestion, constipation … A small raspberry has a lot of fiber, just 220 grams of raspberry contains nearly 8 grams of fiber. Eating lots of raspberries will help you get a large amount of fiber, which helps to promote regular bowel movements by feeling fuller for longer, which will contribute to weight loss. In one study, mice were fed a low-fat diet, a high-fat diet, or a high-fat diet supplemented with one of eight types of berries, including raspberries. Rats in the raspberry group gained less weight than mice on a high-fat diet alone.
2.4 Raspberry health benefits: Control blood sugar
✅ The glycemic index (GI) is a measure of how quickly a certain food raises your blood sugar. Although the GI for raspberries has not been determined, most berries are of low blood sugar.
✅ Studies show that raspberries can lower blood sugar and improve insulin resistance. In animal studies, rats fed freeze-dried raspberries along with a high-fat diet had lower blood sugar and less insulin resistance than the control group. What’s more, raspberries are high in tannins, blocking alpha-amylase, a digestive enzyme needed to break down carbs. By blocking alpha-amylase, raspberries can reduce the number of carbs absorbed after a meal, reducing the impact on your blood sugar.
2.5 Raspberry health benefits: Other benefits
- Improve fertility: Vitamin C and magnesium in raspberries can improve fertility in both men and women. One hypothesis states that the antioxidants in raspberries protect sperm health and reduce the risk of miscarriage. In addition, raspberries are quite high in zinc, which is a compound that helps control testosterone levels, increases men’s excitement, and improves sperm quality. Besides, raspberry also contains high levels of antioxidants, supporting the circulation of blood to the genitals, enhancing physiological ability, especially for men.
- Enhance oral health: The antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties of baby raspberries have many effects in promoting oral health. The raspberry extract has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties against some bacteria that cause dental disease. Although there are not many studies to confirm this, researchers also recommend eating raspberry regularly because vitamin C and the minerals in fruits help prevent and control gum disease. and tooth decay.
- Improving eyesight: High content of vitamins C, A, phenol with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory effect helps the effect of raspberries to improve vision become more optimal. They help prevent an eye infection as well as protect the membranes of the eye that produce fluid, preventing dry eyes. Ellagic acid also helps maintain healthy eyesight, reducing eye strain caused by bacteria.
- Improving brain activity: Raspberries are thought to improve depression and stress because there are many essential vitamins that can reduce levels of cortisol, a hormone produced by the adrenal glands that cause stress. for human. Consuming raspberries may prevent brain damage and aging-related memory loss, which improves brain performance, especially for the elderly. The researchers concluded that the antioxidants present in raspberry help fight free radicals and regulate the communication of neurons. This can help reduce encephalitis, which causes cognitive and motor problems with aging.
Recommended for you
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Red Raspberry Liquid Extract
✅ Herb Pharm prepares our Red Raspberry Extract from the leaves of Rubus idaeus bushes which are Certified Organically Grown. To assure optimal extraction of Red Raspberry’s bioactive compounds, the leaves are hand-harvested, carefully shade-dried to retain their full color & aroma, cleaned off the superfluous stem, and are then thoroughly extracted. Directions: SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING Two to five times per day take 30 to 40 drops in a little water.
🎁 Traditional Medicinals Organic Raspberry Leaf Tea
✅ From field to cup, Traditional Medicinals make sure their teas deliver the benefits of these amazing plants. To deliver consistently high-quality teas, they source organically farmed or organically wild-collected herbs from ethical trading partnerships, seeking out medicinal-grade plants. Only a small fraction of the world’s herb supply meets its high-quality standards.
✅ Herbal Power: Supports healthy menstruation and tones the uterus. Taste: Robust yet delicate, like a mildly tannic black tea. Plant Story: Raspberry leaf has been a girl’s best friend for thousands of years, used for daily cycle support, menstrual cramps and during pregnancy to help prepare the womb for childbirth. To enjoy: Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over 1 tea bag. Cover cup & steep for 10-15 minutes. Squeeze the tea bag to ensure maximum goodness in your cup. Enjoy 3 to 4 cups per day.