Peppermint is an herb that has been used for a long time in many civilizations around the world. Nowadays these essential oils have been widely used all over the world. The use of peppermint oil has been researched and developed for application in modern medicine, with a lot of useful features that are good for human health. Peppermint essential oil is widely used and popular, with useful and potential benefits for human health, especially effective as an antiseptic, antibacterial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, helping digestion, against mold, anti-depression, cough … very effective.
1. The active ingredient in Peppermint oil
✅ Peppermint Essential Oil is widely used and popular, with useful uses, the potential for human health, particularly effective as antiseptic, antibacterial, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, helping digestion. Good, against mold, anti-depression, cough … very effective. These effects are due to Peppermint Essential Oil having important active ingredients for health :
- Carvone: this is the ingredient that creates the characteristic, cool smell of mint
- Limonene: This ingredient is found in many peels of oranges, grapefruit, and mint, which prevents and inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
- Menthone: cool feeling, the characteristic of peppermint oil when applied to the skin, on the tongue, menthone is the component that creates this feeling. This is also a component that has a good ability to treat sore throat, cough, phlegm cough …
- Dihydrate carvone: is the wall that helps the digestive system work well because it has the ability to stimulate the salivary glands to create more digestive enzymes. Help the digestive system work more efficiently and better.
- Cis-carveol: One of the great powers of peppermint oil is fighting many bacteria and fungi.
- Linalool: This is also a very good ingredient in helping the digestive system work properly.
- Eucalyptol: This chemical contains a lot of melaleuca oil, lemon eucalyptus oil, and some other essential oils, highly effective in the treatment and remedy of diseases related to the respiratory tract such as cough, asthma, flu …
2. 4 Peppermint essential oil benefits
2.1 Peppermint essential oil benefits: Supporting digestive system works well
✅ Peppermint will help the intestines become easier to transport food, as well as waste, fight intestinal spasms, thereby helping the digestive system work better, reduce symptoms of abdominal pain, flatulence and make reduce the symptoms of nausea. Whether you are feeling nauseous from illness, pregnancy, or motion sickness, the use of peppermint will be a method to treat and overcome naturally and the best. To help reduce these symptoms, add 1-2 drops of 100% pure peppermint oil to a glass of water daily. You can also take 1-2 drops of essential oil and massage it on your abdomen.
2.2 Peppermint essential oil benefits: Treatment respiratory diseases
✅ Studies have also found that peppermint oil contains substances with antibacterial, antiviral, and antioxidant properties. This means it has the ability to prevent respiratory infections caused by infections. Peppermint oil is one of the best essential oils for the upper respiratory tract. Specifically, it can help you treat some of the following diseases:
- Reduce sore throat.
- Reduce congestion of nose and throat due to sputum and mucus.
- Cough relief.
- Support treatment and relieve symptoms of asthma, sinusitis, flu, colds, bronchitis.
2.3 Peppermint essential oil benefits: Keep your breath fresh
✅ Peppermint has been used for thousands of years and you’ve probably experienced the mint-containing gum. This effect is due to the ability to kill fungi, bacteria in our teeth, and the cool aroma characteristic of this essential oil. In addition, peppermint makes the mouth feel cool, with a wonderful sweet aroma.
2.4 Peppermint essential oil benefits: Improve mental efficiency
✅ Peppermint oil helps the mind become focused, alert, reduces stress, increases blood circulation, and helps the mind return to a balanced state. If you feel tired, lack of energy, lack of concentration, try peppermint oil. It will help you regain energy, improve concentration as well as performance. We only need to use peppermint essential oil diffused in the office, the effect will promote very well and work very quickly.
3. Ways to use Peppermint oil
Depending on the intended use of menthol, you can choose one of the following ways to get the best effect.
- Massage: Use a few drops of peppermint with natural oil to create a massage mixture into areas of the body, helps relieve muscle pain, prevent muscle tension, relax muscles.
- Bathing: Put a few drops of essential oil into the bath, then massage the whole body, helping to relax and relieve stress very well.
- Gargle: Put a few drops in a glass of water and gargle with it every evening. Eliminate bad breath and clean mouth effectively.
- Breathing: You can inhale your peppermint oil directly, or diffuse it to create clean, healthy air for the respiratory system.
- Use a gauze dressing: Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to the gauze pad and wrap it around your head to relieve headaches.
4. Notes when using Peppermint oil
When using peppermint essential oil to improve digestive conditions or colds, you should keep the following in mind :
- Do not drink peppermint essential oil directly because it can cause mucosal burns. You can dilute it with vegetable oils or add it to foods to use. Or maybe you can use supplements that have been divided into the appropriate dose of peppermint oil.
- Do not allow peppermint essential oil to enter the eyes. If you have it in your eyes, immediately rinse it and see a doctor for advice. Do not apply to open wounds.
- You should consult a doctor before using it for pregnant women and children, who are seriously ill.
- If the menthol is altered and the smell and color are strange, stop using it.
5. Recommended for you :
🎁 Gya Labs Peppermint Essential Oil For Hair Growth, Muscle Pain Relief & Headache Relief
✅ Gya Labs offers a great range of natural products comprising of 100% natural ingredients at premium quality. By utilizing perpetual innovative technologies in their extraction methods as well as meticulous sourcing of raw ingredients bestowed upon us by Mother Nature, they committed themselves to deliver amazing health and beauty products for your daily lifestyles.
- FRESH & MINTY – Pure peppermint oil perspires a cool refreshing aroma of freshly crushed peppermint leaves. With strong hints of minty sweet notes, our peppermint essential oil relaxes the mind, body, and soul from within.
- DIFFUSE OR TOPICAL – Use peppermint essential oil for the diffuser to purify airways of micro-intruders & clear away sinus. Blend mint oil essential with carrier oils to ease muscle aches, or apply mint essential oil on the scalp for hair growth.
- EASY BREATHING – Peppermint essential oils are great for congestion relief & sinus relief with its menthol oil content. Inhale the energizing breeze of peppermint oil & breathe with ease when you use organic peppermint oil for the diffuser.
- RELIEVE ACHES & PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH – The cooling essential oil peppermint provides muscle pain relief for you to stay active. Rich in nutrients, organic peppermint essential oil for hair growth boosts hair volume for undivided attention.
- Safety Information: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children and if pregnant, please consult your physician before use. Avoid using on infants or very young children. Essential oils, by their concentrated nature, may sometimes cause sensitivity if used in their undiluted form.
🎁 NOW Supplements, Peppermint Gels with Ginger & Fennel Oils, Enteric Coated, Digestive Support
✅ Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
✅ Peppermint oil has been recommended by traditional herbalists for the support of healthy digestion. More recently, it has been found to support normal gastrointestinal function. NOW® Peppermint Gels are enteric-coated to allow passage through the stomach and release within the intestines where it can be helpful in providing relief from occasional minor bowel discomfort. Directions: According to the manufacturer’s recommendation. Safety Information: For adults only. Do not take this product if you are allergic to peppermint, fennel, or ginger. Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.