Moringa ( Moringa Oleifera ) is a magical tree of Muslims, it has a long history of use in traditional medicine systems across South Asia being explored in modern science. This herb is rich in antioxidants and natural compounds. Nearly all parts of the Moringa tree are edible and are used as ingredients in traditional herbs. It can be said that Moringa is a super nutritious superfood and has been used for centuries in Eastern cultures with many health benefits.
- 1. The active ingredient in Moringa
- 2. Top 5 health benefits of Moringa
- 3. Notes when using Moringa
1. The active ingredient in Moringa
✅ Today the diet of people in developing countries sometimes lacks minerals, vitamins, and proteins. Therefore, it is understandable that Moringa is considered to be a source of essential nutrients:
- The leaves of this plant are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. A cup of chopped fresh leaves (21 grams) provides Protein: 2 grams, Vitamin B6: 19% of the RDA, Vitamin C: 12% of the RDA, Iron: 11% of the RDA, Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDA, Magnesium: 8% of the RDA. In Western countries, dried leaves are sold as a dietary supplement, often in capsule or powder form.
- Compared to leaves, Moringa is a lower content of minerals and vitamins. A cup of freshly sliced fruit (100 grams) contains up to 157% of the vitamin C we need each day.
- Studies show that Moringa Oleifera contains a number of active substances that promote health, including quercetin and beta-sitosterol… It also has anti-inflammatory active ingredients and may protect against health problems associated with oxidative stress and chronic inflammation, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and certain cancers.
2. Top 5 health benefits of Moringa
2.1 Health benefits of Moringa: Antioxidant
✅ Antioxidants are considered to fight free radicals in our bodies. Excessive free radicals cause cell weakness due to too many oxygen atoms in them, which can contribute to many chronic diseases like heart disease, type 2 diabetes. Some antioxidants Chemical has been found in Moringa leaves. Besides vitamin C and beta-carotene (precursor of vitamin A), it also includes quercetin – a powerful antioxidant. In a study in women found that taking 7 grams of dried moringa leaf powder equivalent to a teaspoon and a half teaspoons per day for 3 months significantly increased the number of antioxidants in the blood.
2.2 Health benefits of Moringa: Hypoglycemia
✅ Over time, high blood sugar levels raise serious health risks such as heart disease. Therefore, you need to control blood sugar at the allowable level. Interestingly, numerous scientific studies have shown that Moringa can lower blood sugar levels. One theory is that Moringa helps increase insulin production, as a small clinical trial published in 2016 showed. In a study of healthy volunteers, a dose of 4 grams of Moringa was used by volunteers. The results showed that Moringa increased blood circulation and hypoglycemia.
✅ In another study, 30 women used 7 grams of Moringa powder daily for 3 months. This helps reduce blood sugar levels by 13.5%.
2.3 Health benefits of Moringa: Lower blood cholesterol
✅ Moringa leaf extract can help lower cholesterol and improve heart health. A review published in Frontiers in Pharmacology in 2012 examined clinical and animal trials on Moringa and concluded that this could be an effective treatment for dyslipidemia, The condition is marked by an increase in cholesterol, triglycerides (a type of fat in the blood), or both.
2.4 Health benefits of Moringa: Against the toxicity of arsenic
✅ Although arsenic in food and water does not cause immediate toxic manifestations and symptoms. But in the long run, can increase risks related to health. Many observational studies have shown that prolonged exposure to arsenic may increase the risk of cancer and heart disease. Several studies on mice have shown that Moringa leaves and seeds can protect and combat some arsenic toxicity. These studies are quite promising, but more human studies are still needed.
2.5 Health benefits of Moringa: Good for men
- Promote prostate health: Moringa seeds and leaves are rich in sulfur-containing compounds called glucosinolates, which may have anti-cancer properties. Test-tube studies have demonstrated that the plant’s glucosinolates can inhibit the growth of prostate cancer cells. It is also speculated that moringa may help prevent benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). This condition usually becomes more common as men get older and are characterized by enlargement of the prostate gland, which can make it difficult to urinate.
- Reducing erectile dysfunction: Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition that often occurs when there is a problem with blood flow, possibly due to high blood pressure, high blood fat levels, or certain conditions such as diabetes. Moringa leaves contain beneficial plant compounds called polyphenols, which can enhance blood flow by increasing nitric oxide production and reducing blood pressure.
- Improve fertility: Moringa leaves and seeds are an excellent source of antioxidants, which can help fight oxidative damage that can hinder sperm production or damage sperm DNA. Studies on rabbits have shown that leaf powder from plants significantly improves semen volume, as well as the number and motility of sperm. Although these results are promising, human studies are needed before making conclusions about the effectiveness of moringa to improve male fertility.
3. Notes when using Moringa
- Moringa Oleifera can be safe when taken and used correctly, in the right dose. Leaves, fruits, and seeds may be safe to use as food.
- If you are pregnant, you should consult your doctor before using it, especially the roots of the tree.
- Moringa is sometimes used to increase breast milk production. Some studies suggest it may help with this, but there is not enough information to know whether this herb is safe for a breastfed child. Therefore, you should consult a physician before use.
Recommended for you
🎁 Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf Powder | Perfect for Smoothies, Drinks, Tea & Recipes
✅ FGO is committed to delivering the highest quality, certified organic products at fair prices to help people live healthily and feel good. Their products are sourced from nutrient-dense origins around the world. This bag contains certified organic, 100% raw Moringa Leaf Powder from India. Moringa leaf powder is made from whole moringa tree leaves, one of nature’s most nutritious foods, and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and essential amino acids. Consuming this superfood provides potassium, calcium, iron, vitamins A, C, and more. Directions: Mix into smoothies and yogurt. Steep in hot water for tea.
🎁 Moringa Powder Organic (Moringa Oleifera Leaf Powder), 1 Pound (16 Ounce), Rich in Natural Antioxidants, Immune Vitamin and Minerals for Green Drinks, Smoothie and Cookie, Sun Dried and Vegan Friendly
- Micro Ingredients USDA Organic Moringa Leaf Powder, 16 Ounce, No GMOs, and Vegan Friendly.
- Rich in Minerals (Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, and Zinc Vitamin), Immune Vitamins (Vitamin C and Vitamin D), Fibers, Amino acids, Protein, and Polyphenols.
- Scoop included getting the measurement every time. Take it daily with or between meals by adding it to a shake or smoothie, see what the most nutrient-dense food on the planet is all about.
- Powder lover? Take it naturally in powder for higher concentration, quicker absorption, easier on the stomach, and more ways to have fun!