Lione Mane (Hericium Erinaceus) is a specially shaped mushroom that looks similar to a lion’s mane. It is native to North America, Asia, and Europe, found in late summer late autumn. It grows on hardwoods in nature, especially American oak. A mushroom goes through many stages in its life cycle, like any plant or animal. Lions Mane mushrooms has a long history of use in Traditional Chinese Medicine with many health benefits like supporting brain and mental health. Research shows that the lion’s mane mushrooms have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-stimulating properties in both animals and humans.
1. The active ingredient in Lion Mane Mushroom
✅ There have been many experiments to find the active ingredients in the lion’s mane mushrooms. In particular, an analysis of the professor group at Shizuoka University, Japan has shown the nutritional components of lion’s mane mushrooms. The typical active ingredients such as amino acids, sugars, lipids, mineral elements, vitamins, proteins … Especially in mushrooms also contain active ingredients with high biological properties such as:
- Hericenone compound – Found in fruiting bodies.
- Erinacines are found in mycelia. The active ingredient erinacine A in mushrooms has a remarkable effect on the central nervous system. Therefore, the use of a lion’s mane mushrooms helps prevent and treat Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, etc.
2. Top 4 lions mane mushrooms health benefits
2.1 Lions mane mushrooms health benefits: Enhance brain function
✅ Perhaps the most well-studied feature of the lion’s mane mushroom is its effect on brain cells and related functions. According to a study published in the Journal of Medicinal, lion’s mane mushroom enhances the neuronal growth of the brain in the brain and related organs. By this growth, it can potentially slow or reverse cell degeneration in the brain. This degeneration is a major cause of diseases like Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s. Specifically:
- Numerous studies have found a correlation between the use of Lion Mane Mushroom and Alzheimer’s-related symptoms, meaning that after using the mushroom extract, the symptoms have improved.
- In laboratory tests conducted in Taiwan, a lion’s mane mushroom has been shown to help prevent ischemic damage (damage due to lack of blood flow).
- Taking Lion Mane Mushroom supplements has also been found to have potential protective effects on the spread of Parkinson’s Disease, another neurodegenerative disorder, according to research published in the Journal of Translation Medicine.
2.2 Lions mane mushrooms health benefits: Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
✅ A 2015 study in Japan showed that lion’s mane mushrooms could reduce inflammation in adipose tissue. This is important because adipose tissue inflammation is a contributing factor to metabolic syndrome, a group of conditions that increase the risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. It also has an antibacterial effect against Pylori – bacteria that cause serious stomach conditions, such as ulcers in the stomach or intestines.
✅ The molecules in the lion’s mane mushrooms are resistant to oxidation, reduce oxidative stress and free radicals are generated when the body is exposed to chemicals in the environment. They help improve overall health, slow down the aging of the skin, and improve immune system function.
2.3 Lions mane mushrooms health benefits: Cardiovascular support
✅ Research has found that this mushroom extract can reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. This reduces the risk of atherosclerotic plaque formation, causing cardiovascular complications such as high blood pressure, stroke, and heart attack. According to a study by Tohoku University, Japan, extracts of lion’s mane mushrooms may also prevent blood clots and help reduce the risk of stroke.
2.4 Lions mane mushrooms health benefits: Improve digestive health
✅ Thanks in part to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, the lion’s mane mushroom can improve the function of your stomach and digestive system. In many studies, a lion’s mane mushroom has been shown to prevent or shrink stomach ulcers. Research from China published in the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms confirms this, the results show that the polysaccharide is an active component of H. erinaceus mycelium culture, which helps protect against gastric ulcers. Not only that, but it can also significantly improve the symptoms of two major inflammatory disorders of the digestive system: gastritis and inflammatory bowel disease.
3. Notes when using Lion Mane Mushroom
- There is some concern that a lion’s mane mushroom may worsen symptoms in people with allergies and asthma. Therefore, it is important to consult your physician before using a lion’s mane, or any other supplements, if you have a history of allergy or asthma.
- Pregnant women should consult a physician before use.
Recommended for you
🎁 Swanson Premium Brand Full Spectrum Lion’s Mane Mushroom 500mg
✅ Sharpen your mental edge naturally with the power of Swanson Lion’s Mane Mushroom. For hundreds of years, the lion’s mane mushroom has been treasured throughout China and Japan as both a culinary delicacy and as a natural tonic for enhancing mental performance. Preliminary research has revealed that the lion’s mane contains natural constituents known as erinacines, which may promote brain and nerve cell health.
🎁 Om Organic Mushroom Nutrition Lion’s Mane: Memory, Focus, Nerve Health
✅ OM is the leading producer of the highest quality certified organic functional mushroom powders that contribute to optimal health. Focus and spark your mind for brilliant cognitive function. Health food for your brain to inspire clarity, creativity & mood. Regenerate nerve health, Lion’s Mane is reported in many studies to stimulate the synthesis of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), a protein that promotes the growth and normal function of nerve cells. Directions: Follow usage directions on the label.