Jiaogulan is a creeper of Chinese origin that is said to have medicinal properties. This species grows much more than 2000m above sea level, in open forests, humid, cold climate all year round. Jiaogulan has been used in traditional Chinese medicine, which is thought to have anti-aging benefits and supports many health benefits, including diabetes and high cholesterol. In particular, the Chinese emperor Qin Shi Huang prefers this plant to its daily use and names it “the longevity tree.” In addition, Jiaogulan is an adaptive herb that helps the body adapt to stress and can enhance memory, improve athletic performance, and boost the immune system.
1. The active ingredient in Jiaogulan
✅ Jiaogulan contains two main components are Saponin and Flavonoid very good for the human body. Especially, Saponin – an ingredient found in ginseng and ginseng herbs, but in the Jiaogulan, this content has more than 2, 3 times. Saponins help the body be healthy, enhance resistance, support the treatment of a number of diseases of the liver, heart, blood sugar … Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that help eliminate free radicals from the body, reduce The risk of formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the blood vessels, and strengthen the immune system. In addition, this herb also has high levels of minerals, phosphorus, iron, zinc, …
2. Top Jiaogulan health benefits
2.1 Jiaogulan health benefits: Hypoglycemia
✅ Several studies suggest that Jiaogulan may help control diabetes. The mechanism of action for treating diabetes now focuses on hypoglycemia, namely increasing the ability to produce insulin. Most of the current diabetes medication ingredients contain the active ingredient Glibenclamide. Glibenclamide works to reduce blood sugar by creating a natural defense against insulin. And luckily, during the Jiaogulan ingredient research, scientists from the Central Institute of Medicinal Materials and the Swedish Karolinski Institute, the Swedish Diabetes Association discovered a new substance in Jiaogulan that is 5 times stronger than The active ingredient Glibenclamide, the active ingredient is named Phanosid. The active ingredient Phanoside has a strong hypoglycemic effect while stimulating the pancreas to increase insulin secretion and increase the sensitivity of the target cell to insulin, helping to stabilize blood sugar levels.
✅ The researchers assigned 24 diabetics to receive 6 grams of Jiaogulan tea or a placebo daily. After 12 weeks of treatment, subjects in the Jiaogulan group showed a greater improvement in blood sugar and insulin sensitivity compared to the control group.
2.2 Jiaogulan health benefits: Reduce cholesterol, Lowering blood pressure
✅ Jiaogulan works very well in controlling and balancing the amount of cholesterol in the body. Those with high or low cholesterol levels can use tea every day, this situation will improve after 2-3 weeks of use. At the same time, this plant also helps reduce fat, prevent some blood fats, lower blood pressure, and treat cardiovascular diseases.
✅ Jiaogulan has been shown to contain more than 100 types of saponins that are particularly good at lowering cholesterol and preventing atherosclerosis. Scientific studies in China, Korea, Japan, Australia have noted that regular consumption of Jiaogulan tea can reduce total cholesterol in the blood, reduce triglycerides, reduce LDL (bad cholesterol), increase HDL (cholesterol). good) with an efficiency of 63% to 97%. This herb has the same effect on lowering blood fat as the new drug atorvastatin.
✅ Studies have also confirmed that neck swabs help stabilize blood pressure. Scientists say drinking Jiaogulan tea stimulates the body to produce nitric oxide, a substance that plays an active role in controlling blood pressure. To further clarify, the scientists conducted a clinical trial on 223 patients with high blood pressure divided into 3 groups: one group used Jiaogulan, one group used ginseng, and the other group took antihypertensive drugs indapamide. As a result, the group using the Jiaogulan had an 82% decrease in blood pressure, the indapamide group decreased by 93%, and the ginseng group decreased by only 41%. Therefore, it can be affirmed that the daily use of Jiaogulan has clear significance in supporting the treatment of high blood pressure.
✅ Jiaogulan is also effective in reducing fat thanks to the ability to activate the enzyme AMPK, an enzyme that plays an important role in the body’s energy metabolism, promotes fat oxidation and enhances the metabolism of sugars, protein, fat, help reduce fat, thereby effectively losing weight.
2.3 Jiaogulan health benefits: Other benefits
- Liver protection: According to research from the Chinese Journal of Chinese Medicine and Chinese Shuguang Hospital, Jiaogulan contains ingredients that help protect the body’s liver. Specifically, Jiaogulan is resistant to germs to help reduce the pain, symptoms of cirrhosis in the early stages to the lowest level. Since then the signs of the disease gradually disappear, the body is healthy, and restores liver function.
- Strengthen the immune system: Besides the effect of Jiaogulan is to protect the liver, they are also used to strengthen the immune system, the body’s resistance. Because the plant has antioxidant components, strengthens and grows strong immune cells. Thereby helping to destroy the pathogenic cells, external agents, thereby better health, less sickness.
- Reducing stress, fatigue: Immortal grass is an herb that helps reduce stress and fatigue extremely effectively. Especially for those who work in an office environment, often stressed, stressed due to work pressure. Drinking Jiaogulan tea for refreshment will help you relax mentally, lucid and abundant energy. A study has been shown that using this plant every day also helps prevent and prevent Parkinson’s disease and protect the nervous system from harmful agents.
3. Notes when using Jiaogulan
When using Jiaogulan to control blood sugar or reduce blood cholesterol, you should note the following:
- Jiaogulan is an herb that, if used properly, will bring a lot of health benefits and are quite safe for disease prevention. However, you may experience some unwanted effects such as insomnia, hypotension, bloating.
- Jiaogulan causes hypoglycemia, so be cautious when taken with other diabetes medications.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before use.
- Jiaogulan can slow blood clotting, making blood flow more. Therefore, Jiaogulan should not be used with anticoagulants and should stop using Jiaogulan at least 2 weeks before your scheduled surgery.