Not only used as a food, but Mugwort ( Wormwood ) is also known as a famous medicine. However, the process of using wormwood also has many inconveniences, the effectiveness is not so high, so wormwood oil was born to overcome these limitations. Mugwort essential oil is extracted from both wormwoods by steam distillation method. This is an effective solution to help regulate menstruation for women and to treat osteoarthritis.
- 1. The components of Mugwort oil
- 2. Mugwort oil health benefits
- 3. Notes on using Mugwort oil
- 4. Recommended for you :
1. The components of Mugwort oil
✅ Mugwort essential oil includes cineol, dehydro matricaria esters, tricosanol, tetradecatrilin. Thanks to that, mugwort essential oil has the ability to kill bacteria, reduce joint pain.
2. Mugwort oil health benefits
2.1 Mugwort essential oil treat nerve pain
✅ Wormwood essential oil effectively reduces pain in musculoskeletal pain, protects spinal nerve function, combats osteoarthritis inflammation, prevents damage, hematomas, and restores muscle-tendon function. You can use in the following cases:
- Shoulder and neck pain, numbness in the limbs, and back pain.
- Intercostal neuralgia, sciatica, arthritis pain, trauma, osteoarthritis, polyarthritis.
- Pain due to traumatic injuries, bruises (no bleeding, fractures, false joints), muscle cramps.
2.2 Reduce dysmenorrhea
✅ Wormwood essential oil can help regulate menstrual flow. In addition, oil has the potential to improve other problems associated with menstrual problems in women, such as abdominal pain, fatigue, headaches, and even nausea. Help maintain the health and function of the uterus by increasing the secretion of hormones that are beneficial to this organ. The way to use the oil is quite simple, you only need to dilute wormwood oil (with jojoba oil, olive oil) and gently rub it on your abdomen.
2.3 Good for the digestive system
✅ Wormwood oil is an all-natural remedy for digestive disorders or digestive issues because it can stimulate the body to release bile and digestive enzymes. Thereby facilitating the digestion and absorption of food helps nutrients from food better absorbed.
✅ Dilute mugwort essential oil (with jojoba oil, olive oil) and massage it on your lower abdomen or stomach to improve digestive health.
2.4 Treat osteoarthritis pain of the elderly
✅ Wormwood essential oil helps with osmosis, massage, treatment of chronic diseases related to the spine and nerves – muscles – joints, osteoarthritis, support rehabilitation after stroke, after spinal – muscle – joint interventions, after traumatic fractures. Specific cases:
- Sore neck, shoulder neck, arms
- Ankylosing spondylitis.
- Pain due to herniated disc, spine.
- Sciatica, sciatica.
- Painful lesions, scoliosis curvature.
- Osteoarthritis pain, polyarthritis.
- The pain of musculoskeletal injury, swelling, edema, bruising.
- Myalgia due to chronic shrinkage.
- Rehabilitation of muscle areas, joints after surgery.
Usage: Dilute mugwort essential oil (with jojoba oil, olive oil). Apply to areas of sore muscles or spine. Massage gently for about 5 – 7 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
2.5 Mugwort essential oil relieve colds, flu
✅ Combine mugwort oil with grapefruit peel oil, citronella oil, and cajeput essential oil all into a hot tub. Cover the face and basin with a towel to gather essential oil vapor. Conduct a steam bath for 5-10 minutes and then wipe off with warm water, the symptoms of the flu and your cold will be greatly reduced.
3. Notes on using Mugwort oil
When using mugwort essential oil, keep the following in mind :
- Do not apply directly to open wounds.
- Do not allow essential oils to catch eyes or sensitive skin.
- Mugwort can cause allergic reactions in people who are allergic to members of the Asteraceae family of plants including chrysanthemum, marigold, sunflower, burdock. Wormwood can also cause an allergic reaction in people who are allergic to birch grass, celery, or carrots. The symptoms of a serious allergic reaction to Mugwort may include swelling or spasm of the throat, difficulty breathing …
- Mugwort is potentially unsafe for pregnant and lactating women; It can cause the uterus to contract, causing a miscarriage. The use of Mugwort has not been proven to be safe for infants, so nursing women should avoid taking Mugwort.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Wormwood Liquid Extract
✅ Support a healthy gastrointestinal system function with Wormwood liquid extract from Herb Pharm. They prepare our Wormwood Extract from the leaf & flower of Artemisia absinthium plants which are Certified Organically Grown on their own farm. To assure optimal extraction of Wormwood’s bioactive compounds, the plants are hand-harvested as they are coming into flower, are carefully shade-dried and cleaned of all stems, and are then thoroughly extracted. Directions: Follow usage directions on the label. Not for use in pregnancy or lactation. Not for long term use, do not exceed recommended dose.
🎁 Organic Mugwort Tea, 18 Bleach-Free Tea Bags – Organic Tea Improves Digestion and Acts as an Emotional Relaxant
- DELICIOUS FLAVOR – Savory Mugwort Tea features pleasant notes of pepper, and for some, can taste slightly bitter. However, it’s extremely popular with herbalists for health benefits.
- HEALTH BENEFITS – Mugwort Tea has many health benefits, including: improves digestion, an emotional relaxant, aiding female pelvic issues, an effective diuretic, aids sleep issues, and may help detoxify the liver.
- STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS – Mugwort Tea needs a good boil, but the steep time depends on the desired outcome. 3-6 minutes to extract optimum benefits, but several milder cups a day is also recommended. Cover the cup while steeping, remove the teabag, and enjoy!
🎁 Nutricost Wormwood Capsules 450mg
- Only High-Quality Wormwood Used.
- 450mg of Sweet Wormwood Per Capsule (1 Serving, Just 1 Capsule).
- Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule with 8-12 ounces of water 1-2 times daily, or as directed by your physician.
- Safety Information: Consult your physician prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing. Keep out of reach of children.