Horsetail grass is an herb that has been used for a long time. It can be found growing in moist, rich lands throughout the temperate climates of the Northern Hemisphere, including Asia, North America, and Europe. Since ancient times, the people of Greece and China have known to use horsetail grass as a medicine to stop bleeding, bandage wounds, cure infections, kidney stones. Today, scientific studies have shown many other benefits of horsetail grass such as the beauty effect, supporting cardiovascular function …
- 1. The active substance in horsetail grass
- 2. Top 3 horsetail benefits
- 3. Notes when using Horsetail grass
1. The active substance in horsetail grass
✅ In fact, research shows that a large amount of beneficial components in horsetails, including Vitamin C, B vitamins, Vitamin E, trace elements such as Sodium, Magnesium, Selenium .. and substances has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
2. Top 3 horsetail benefits
2.1 Horsetail benefits: Beauty effect
Nowadays, horsetail grass has become one of the leading ingredients in skin and hair care products. You can find toners, creams, and acne creams that contain equisetum – that’s horsetail grass. You can even see oral supplement products extracted from horsetail grass to replenish the body’s silica to rejuvenate skin and hair from the inside.
2.1.1 Horsetail benefits: Against aging
✅ When you turn age 30, then the skin is no longer tight and wrinkles form faster. One of the reasons for this slowdown is that your body no longer has enough Silica – a coenzyme that acts as a catalyst – to synthesize collagen and elastin proteins – the connective tissue fibers in the skin layers, they keep skin smooth and supple. The addition of silica is key to restoring collagen & elastin’s ability to synthesize and regenerate, giving you firmer skin. The most abundant source of silica supplement in nature is the horsetail grass, you can find 7% of the available silica in this grass. The anti-aging effects of horsetail grass are also due to its powerful antioxidant ingredients such as saponins, flavonoids, tannins, caffeic acid esters, alkaloids, phytosterols, fatty acids, phenolic acids, glycosides, and aconitic acids. These ingredients help limit the action of free radicals, protecting healthy and youthful skin cells.
2.1.2 Horsetail benefits: Acne Treatment
✅ Thanks to ingredients such as tannins, saponins that are extremely anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, horsetail are used as a component of extremely effective natural acne medication. Inflammation and acne spots will be disinfected, stop bleeding, increase white blood cells to fight infection, help the process of skin recovery after acne faster.
2.1.3 Horsetail benefits: Help for healthy hair
✅ Silica plays a very important role in the process of forming proteins in the hair, overcoming the condition of thin, thin hair. As mentioned above, horsetail grass is a rich source of an organic form of silica. This is a mineral that is involved in hair growth as well as healthier skin and nails. Not to mention Flavonoids, salicylic acid and Potassium are compounds found in horsetail grass that also works to enhance blood circulation, control dandruff, and minimize hair loss.
2.2 Horsetail benefits: Anti-inflammatory
✅ Inflammation is the cause of the most dangerous diseases, including cancer. One of the top benefits of verbena is the ability to reduce inflammation both inside the body and outside the skin. Studies have shown that verbena possesses both antibacterial properties. They can kill bacteria or prevent the growth of bacteria as well as fungi and some viruses. In a study published in 2004 “Pharmacal Research,” horsetail grass demonstrated anti-inflammatory properties, reducing pain and help reduce edema 30%. They found that grass essential oil can prevent the growth of some unwanted pathogens and pathogens. Horsehair oil contains 25 compounds that are resistant to specific strains of bacteria and fungi, according to a 2006 study such as Staphylococcus aureus (Staphylococcal bacteria that cause skin and mucosal infections), E.coli (causing diarrhea), Klebsiella pneumonia (bacilli – causing respiratory diseases), Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Salmonella enteritidis (typhoid bacteria, food poisoning). Because of its strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, Horsetail Grass is widely used in acne products.
2.3 Horsetail benefits: Horsetail other benefits
- Wound healing and burn reduction: Horsetail grass contains silica, which is a mixture of silicon and oxygen. Silicon is thought to be the key to synthesizing collagen regeneration, helping the skin to recover from burns or skin wounds. In fact, many studies have shown that horsetail grass is beneficial for wound healing. To treat burns and wounds, horsetail herbs are often applied directly to the affected skin.
- Cardiovascular protection: Horsetail grass has been shown to contain a natural plant glycoside called verbenalin or cornin. A 2016 study isolated this cornin from the fruit of the tree to consider its protective effects from myocardial ischemic injury, which is when blood flow is reduced to the heart due to partial or complete obstruction pulse of the heart.
- Diuretic: Horsetail is a natural diuretic. They have also been shown to improve peripheral edema. The researchers found that the horsetail drug produces a diuretic effect comparable to the regular diuretic hydrochlorothiazide without any significant changes to liver or kidney function or elimination of electrolytes solution. This is a remarkable finding because many common diuretics are known to cause electrolyte imbalance.
3. Notes when using Horsetail grass
If you are using oral horsetail grass such as tea form, extracts, supplements to beautify or support the treatment of some diseases, you should note the following:
- Horsetail grass contains a chemical called thiaminase, which breaks down thiamine vitamin (vitamin B1). Long-term use of this reaction can lead to thiamine deficiency. Some products are labeled as “thiaminase-free” (do not contain thiaminase), but there is not enough safety information when using these products.
- There is not enough information on the use of horsetail grass during pregnancy and lactation. You should consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking this herb.
- Because it contains nicotine, do not give it to children.
- Long-term drinkers may have low levels of vitamin B1 (thiamin). Since horsetail grass can also lower thiamin levels in the body, you should not drink horsetail grass if you drink a lot of alcoholic beverages.
- Horsetail grass may have a mild diuretic effect. People taking diuretics should not use horsetail grass because of the risk of dehydration or low potassium (hypokalemia).
Recommended for you
🎁 Nature’s Way Premium Herbal Horsetail Grass 440 mg
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature. Nature’s Way Premium Herbal Horsetail Grass used for healthy hair and nails. DIRECTIONS: Take one to two capsules two to three times daily with water at mealtimes or prepared as a tea.
🎁 Nature’s Answer Horsetail Herb
✅ From humble beginnings back in 1972 to their modern state-of-the-art facility, Nature’s Answer has evolved into one of today’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturers of high-quality nutritional products. Their herbal formulas stand the test of time – over four decades of performance. With state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, Nature’s Answer has the facility to analyze the quality and purity of each plant used to produce their products.
✅ Nature’s Answer Horsetail Herb made from 2,000 mg of horsetail grass, this highly concentrated extract gives you a full 560 mg of the herb in each 1 ml help to healthy hair, skin & nails. Directions: As a dietary supplement take 1-2 mL (approx. 28-56 drops) 3 times a day in a small amount of water.
🎁 Buddha Teas Organic Horsetail Tea | Optimizes Urinary Tract Health | Supports Hair Growth and Bone Development | Natural Source of Vitamin C
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags.
✅ Our Horsetail Tea optimizes urinary tract health, supports hair growth, and bone development, and is a natural source of silica, B vitamins, potassium, malic acid, and antioxidants. STEEPING INSTRUCTIONS – Horsetail Grass Tea needs to steep for 4-8 minutes in freshwater heated just below boiling. To extract the full flavor and optimum benefits, cover the cup while it steeps. Remove the teabag, and enjoy it!