In recent years, with the development of social life, the number of people with diabetes rapidly increases and has become one of the four typical non-communicable diseases of the 21st century. At the present time, diabetes does not yet have a cure for but can only control the disease. And if not treated carefully, people with diabetes may experience dangerous complications such as kidney failure, visual impairment, blindness, heart disease, stroke, infection, etc. Therefore, the control and balance of blood sugar are extremely important. Gymnema Sylvestre ( Gurma ) is one of the herbs diabetes that has been used for more than 2,000 years by Eastern medicine with great health benefits. It has been used in India and China for more than 2,000 years to treat sweet urine like bile. The Hindi term for G. Sylvestre is Gurmar, which is translated as a sugar destroyer. Current studies have explained Gurmar’s hypoglycemic mechanism and the other effects of this herb.
1. Ingredient of Gymnema Sylvestre
✅ The main active ingredient in Gurmar is gymnemic acid, with a known mechanism of action in lowering blood sugar. Also in Gurmar also contains active ingredients that help prevent complications of diabetes.
2. Gymnema Sylvestre benefits
2.1 Gymnema Sylvestre benefits: Lowering and stabilizing blood sugar
✅ Gurmar has a great effect in treating diabetes, being dubbed the enemy of diabetes. Here are the main effects of tablespoons on people with diabetes:
- Hypoglycemic effect: Gymnemic acid in Gymnema Sylvestre has a role to stimulate the pancreas to increase insulin secretion to control and balance blood sugar. It stimulates pancreatic ß cell production, increases insulin activity, helps the body re-establish its natural blood sugar balance. In addition, this active substance also reduces the activity of the enzyme that creates new sugars and reverses the process of changing the liver state during the period of hyperglycemia, reducing new sugar production in the liver, increasing the enzyme using sugar in tissues and muscles. Not only that, but Gymnema Sylvestre also helps reduce the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream, limiting postprandial hyperglycemia.
- Helps stabilize blood sugar, reduce HbA1c: Gymnema Sylvestre is proved to be able to stabilize and maintain blood sugar at a safe level for a long time. After only 3-6 months of using Gymnema Sylvestre to treat diabetes, the average glycemic index of patients with HbA1c (the indicator that indicates blood sugar in a 3-month period) is significantly reduced and maintained at a safe level.
- Lose the feeling of sweetness: In the spoonful of soup contains the active ingredient “Gurmarin” that has the ability to affect the taste cells of the tongue, causing the patient to temporarily lose the feeling of sweetness and bitterness but not at all. It no affects another sour, acrid, or spicy taste. This effect makes the sweetness of different sugars, amino acids, and sweeteners from chemicals disappear. This helps diabetics reduce cravings for sweets from food.
- Because of the wonderful uses of Gymnema Sylvestre bring to people with diabetes, there are many products that support diabetes treatment containing ingredients from Gymnema Sylvestre as herbal teas, extracts, and supplements.
2.2 Gymnema Sylvestre benefits: Reduce blood fat
✅ Some studies show that gymnemic acid component of Gymnema Sylvestre has a good effect on lipid metabolism, excretion of LDL- cholesterol, and triglycerides quite well. Thereby helping to reduce the amount of excess body fat. Not only does cholesterol reduce, but the extract from Gymnema Sylvestre also has the ability to metabolize the lipid and clear it faster through the stool. This helps prevent atherosclerosis better. So It’s especially good for diabetics because diabetes is often at risk of complications from high blood pressure as stroke, heart attack
3. How should you use Gurmar?
✅ Gurmar tea: Use daily 25-30 Gram, boil with 1 liter of water for 5 minutes, and then poured out thermos to keep hot. Take 3 times a day, drink 15-20 minutes after meals. Gurmar tea has a good taste, is easy to drink, and is relatively safe.
✅ Use Gurmar-containing functional foods: There are many types of Gurmar-based supplements on the market that have been shown to be effective. You should use it with other diabetes medications but need to use a reasonable dose to avoid sudden hypoglycemia.
4. Notes when using Gymnema Sylvestre
When using Gymnema Sylvestre to control daily blood sugar, you should keep the following in mind :
- Gymnema Sylvestre can affect blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. So watch for signs of hypoglycemia when using this herb. In addition, if you use Gymnema Sylvestre extract together with insulin and other hypoglycemic agents, it increases dangerous hypoglycemia, so it is necessary to plan appropriate dose changes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre may affect blood sugar and interfere with blood sugar control during and after surgery. Stop using Gurmar at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult a doctor before using this herb.
5. Recommended for you :
🎁 Nature’s Answer | Gymnema Sylvestre extract
✅ From humble beginnings back in 1972 to their modern state-of-the-art facility, Nature’s Answer has evolved into one of today’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturers of high-quality nutritional products. Their herbal formulas stand the test of time – over four decades of performance. With state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, Nature’s Answer has the facility to analyze the quality and purity of each plant used to produce their products.
✅ Gymnema Sylvestre is known as ‘sugar destroyer,’ as it blocks a taste for sweetness for some time. Herbalists have used the leaves for more than 2,000 years. This Super Concentrated Alcohol-Free extract is holistically balanced and gluten-free to give you a full 600 mg of Gymnema Leaf in a single serving. Directions for use: You take 1 ml (28 drops) of Gymnema Sylvestre extract and mix a little warm water, drink 15-20 minutes after meals, use 1-2 times a day.
🎁 Nature’s Way Gymnema Capsules
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature. Nature’s Way Gymnema helps to support healthy glucose metabolism. Caution: Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing unless directed by a healthcare professional. Consult a healthcare professional before taking this product if you are taking other diabetes medication. Keep out of reach of children. Directions: Take 1 capsule three times daily, preferably with food.
🎁 Organic Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Tea
- Natural Source of Antioxidants
- Naturally Sourced From India
- No Caffeine, Kosher, Organic, GMO-Free, Gluten-Free
- No artificial colors, preservatives, or additives
Leave a Reply