Ginger tea is considered a natural remedy for good health. Previously, people only knew how to use this tea for colds and digestive disorders. However, as science develops, people also learn more about the new effects of ginger tea, especially the common diseases in modern society. The reason that ginger tea has so many health benefits is due to the unique chemical ingredients of this herb. Research shows that ginger contains ingredients such as gingerol, zingerone, shogaol, and paradol. Among these, gingerol is considered to be the main ingredient that makes wonderful effects. The HealthAndLife will help you learn about the benefits of ginger tea. You also can find out the combination of ginger and honey HERE.
- 1. The active ingredient of ginger
- 2. 7 Benefits of ginger tea
- 2.1 Benefits of ginger tea: Reduces nausea
- 2.2 Benefits of ginger tea: Strengthen the immune system
- 2.3 Benefits of ginger tea: Helps relieve pain
- 2.4 Benefits of ginger tea: Weight loss
- 2.5 Benefits of ginger tea: Improve intestinal diseases
- 2.6 Benefits of ginger tea: Regulate blood sugar
- 2.7 Benefits of ginger tea: Reduce bad cholesterol
- 3. Notes when using Ginger
1. The active ingredient of ginger
✅ Most of the benefits of ginger root are due to the presence of a specific component of this root called gingerol. Gingerol is the active ingredient that creates the unique spicy taste of ginger root, it is also a component that determines the value and effect of ginger root on human health. Gingerol has been scientifically proven to be effective in supporting the treatment of diseases related to bones and joints, cancer, anti-inflammation, stomach ulcers … In addition, ginger also contains many beneficial micronutrients for health :
- Essential minerals: sodium, iron, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc
- Essential vitamins: Vitamin C, B vitamins (B2, B3, B6, B9)
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant substances: pantothenic acid, beta-carotene, capsaicin, curcumin, caffeic acid, and salicylate
- Other compounds: shogaol, zerumbone, terpenoids, flavonoids, and zingerone in ginger have many health benefits.
2. 7 Benefits of ginger tea
2.1 Benefits of ginger tea: Reduces nausea
✅ Ginger’s relieving effects of nausea have been known for a long time. Many studies show that ginger contains bioactive compounds such as gingerol, paradol, and shogaol, interact with the central nervous system and stomach, reduce nausea due to motion sickness, surgery, chemotherapy. In addition, ginger is very helpful for pregnant women with morning sickness. When you feel like nausea, a cup of ginger tea can be an effective way to reduce this feeling.
2.2 Benefits of ginger tea: Strengthen the immune system
✅ Ginger helps boost the immune system. Therefore it helps us reduce the possibility of many types of infectious diseases. Moreover, on cold days, drinking ginger tea helps our body feel warmer. Recent studies have shown that ginger tea has very good antimicrobial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. Therefore, drinking this tea can be a preventative measure against infectious diseases and a natural remedy if you ever get infected.
2.3 Benefits of ginger tea: Helps relieve pain
✅ One study found that ginger significantly reduced knee pain caused by arthritis. Many of the patients who use ginger tea felt that their knees were much less painful. Not only helps reduce joint pain, but Ginger also helps reduce muscle pain due to sports activities. In addition, another study found that drinking ginger helps reduce menstrual cramps effectively after only 5 days.
2.4 Benefits of ginger tea: Weight loss
✅ Ginger enhances the fat breakdown process, reduces fat absorption, and reduces appetite. Therefore, drinking ginger tea can be considered an effective and safe way to lose weight. Because in addition to absorbing the ingredients in ginger, you also add enough water. If you are planning to lose weight, this tea is also an option for you.
2.5 Benefits of ginger tea: Improve intestinal diseases
✅ Ginger has long been known for its ability to improve gastric activity. Thereby improving indigestion and digestive disorders. Therefore, use ginger as a cooking ingredient because it not only brings the aroma and spicy taste, ginger also helps our digestive system work more effectively. Here are the benefits of ginger for the digestive system :
- Treatment of flatulence: Flatulence is a manifestation of digestive disorders that many people suffer from. This symptom has many causes, mostly due to an unreasonable diet leading to bloating and discomfort. A simple solution to this situation is to drink ginger tea. This drink helps to reduce the accumulation of gas, thus eliminating bloating quickly.
- Helps reduce stomach cramps: Ginger’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties make ginger act as a muscle relaxant, relieving stomach cramps, and stomach cramps.
- Help improve digestion: Drinking ginger tea helps to produce saliva, bile, and digestive juices in the digestive tract. These fluids benefit the digestive process. The volatile essential oils and ginger in ginger tea can help improve the body’s digestive process, thereby helping the stomach stay healthier and better absorb nutrients from food.
2.6 Benefits of ginger tea: Regulate blood sugar
✅ One of the diets you can choose to lower your blood sugar and reduce the risk of complications is to drink ginger tea. Because according to one study, ginger can help improve blood sugar as well as insulin sensitivity in people with diabetes. Gingerol in ginger improves glucose metabolism by increasing glucose uptake in cells, effectively improving blood sugar levels. Ginger actually reduces the amount of sugar originally absorbed during digestion, which also helps reduce blood sugar levels.
✅ Ginger has been around for a long time and is used by many people for health purposes, research on ginger and diabetes is also done by many experts around the world. A trial was conducted in the UK as follows, half of the diabetic patients used 2000 mg of ginger per day, and the other half of patients taking placebo. After 10 weeks of intervention, ginger users observed a 26.6 mg / dL (1.5 mmol / l) reduction in morning blood sugar, as well as a 0.38% decrease in HbA1c.
2.7 Benefits of ginger tea: Reduce bad cholesterol
✅ In an animal study, ginger was shown to help reduce bad cholesterol and reduce atherosclerotic plaques. Thereby ginger tea helps you effectively prevent the risk of heart attack and stroke.
3. Notes when using Ginger
When using ginger tea, ginger extracts or ginger supplements, keep the following in mind:
- Ginger is relatively safe to use and it is used as a familiar spice. However, this herb can cause a number of side effects, including heartburn, diarrhea, stomach discomfort, and an increase in menstrual blood flow.
- Because ginger is hot and has a blood-working effect, ginger should not be used with aspirin and coumarin (4 hours away). At the same time do not use ginger for people preparing for surgery and after surgery, people who are bleeding like hemorrhage, coughing up blood, vomiting blood, bloody urine, bloody diarrhea, hemorrhoids bleeding, epistaxis, bleeding teeth.
- Do not take high doses of ginger, many days for diabetics, heart disease, pregnant women.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 NOW Supplements, Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale) 550 mg, Digestive Support
✅ Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that Empower people to lead healthier lives.
✅ Ginger Root (Zingiber officinale) has been used since antiquity to support digestive function and Ginger’s historical applications have been validated by modern research. Scientific studies have demonstrated that Ginger may help to maintain healthy GI flora, aid the digestion of dietary fats, and calm and soothe the digestive tract. In addition, Ginger possesses a number of constituents that may support healthy cardiovascular function and promote a balanced immune system response. Directions: Take 1 capsule daily. Safety Information: If you are nursing, pregnant, or considering pregnancy, you should consult your health care practitioner prior to using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Ginger Liquid Extract
✅ Herb Pharm prepares Ginger extract from the rhizome of Organic Zingiber officinale plants. To assure optimal extraction of the herb’s bioactive compounds, the rhizomes are harvested only when fully mature, carefully shade-dried, then thoroughly extracted. Herb Pharm Certified Organic Ginger Liquid Extract Expertly for digestive system support, Rapidly absorbed liquid extract.
🎁 Traditional Medicinals | Ginger Herbal Tea
✅ From field to cup, Traditional Medicinals make sure their teas deliver the benefits of these amazing plants. To deliver consistently high-quality teas, they source organically farmed or organically wild-collected herbs from ethical trading partnerships, seeking out medicinal-grade plants. Only a small fraction of the world’s herb supply meets its high-quality standards. There are many types of ginger tea made by them, and all of them are prized for their quality and healing effect.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Herbal: Traditional Medicinals created this tea using high-quality ginger rhizomes, or roots. Effects of this tea: promotes healthy digestion and prevents nausea due to motion.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger Aid Digestive: Herbalists have celebrated ginger for millennia, thanks to fast-acting plant compounds that help calm digestive discomfort. Blended with tasty blackberry leaf and lemon myrtle leaf, this tea is perfect after a meal and an ideal travel companion when you’re on the go.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Ginger with Chamomile Herbal: Ginger has been a staple in China for millennia, and is loved all over the world for its remarkable digestive benefits. Their blend their ginger with chamomile flower to create a digestive power duo that warms both body and spirit.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Green Tea: Combining the time-honored tradition of green tea with the extra wellness benefits of spicy, warming ginger—a staple in Ayurveda—they created this tea to promote healthy digestion.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Turmeric with Meadowsweet & Ginger Herbal: Healers around the world have long praised turmeric root for its soothing benefits. Tapping into that ancient wisdom, Traditional Medicinals’ herbalists created this unique formula to include meadowsweet—historically used much like turmeric—and ginger’s warming properties to help to support a healthy response to inflammation.
- Traditional Medicinals Organic Tulsi with Ginger Herbal: An ancient herb for the modern age, tulsi is known to help the body adapt to stress. This gentle blend will keep you happy and optimistic throughout the day.