Garlic has long been an integral part of human life. Whether Western or Eastern, garlic is always an indispensable spice as well as an ingredient to treat many diseases. Today, when science and technology develops, people can extract garlic oil for convenient use while retaining valuable pharmaceutical ingredients. This oil can be used in food and health. You can use it directly or in the form of a pill or capsule, although this gives a much less concentrated amount of active ingredient. Much of the benefits of garlic oil are attributed to its high content of allicin, enzymes, and other antioxidant compounds.
- 1. The active ingredient in garlic essential oil
- 2. 5 benefits of garlic oil
- 3. Notes when using Garlic oil
1. The active ingredient in garlic essential oil
✅ The main component of garlic oil contains a substance named: allicin, this is the main ingredient that makes up the activity of garlic oil with many effects on health:
- Antioxidants: Studies have proven that allicin has antioxidant properties. It can help protect against cell damage, brain damage, and many other age-related conditions.
- Support cardiovascular health: There is some evidence that allicin can also help improve cardiovascular function by lowering blood pressure. Additionally, it helps protect against atherosclerosis (arteriosclerosis) by reducing inflammation and reducing the absorption of bad LDL cholesterol.
- Natural antibacterial: A 2014 study published in the journal Molecules stated that allicin can inhibit the proliferation of both bacteria and fungi. It also helps to completely destroy harmful cells, including antibiotic-resistant strains such as Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Several studies suggest it can be used to promote the healing of ulcers and fight various pathogens, such as Helicobacter pylori, S. aureus, E. coli, and others.
- Fighting cancer and chemical toxins: Studies have shown that allicin extract has the ability to cause cell death and inhibit cancer cell proliferation. It has been found to fight against invasion and metastasis of human colon cancer cells.
✅ In addition to containing high sulfur compounds, garlic oil also contains selenium, flavonoids, amino acid arginine. It is also rich in Vitamin C, B1, B6, E, phosphorus, and iron.
2. 5 benefits of garlic oil
2.1 Benefits of garlic oil: Fights colds and the flu
✅ Allicin in garlic oil has very strong antibacterial and antiviral properties. Meanwhile, the powerful antioxidants such as Vitamin C, B1, B6, and Allicin in this oil boost the immune system, helping the body fight off the bacteria and parasites that cause disease. It also has anti-congestive and vasodilating properties. In the presence of such properties, garlic oil can help prevent and treat common cold viruses that can be spread from the air and fight various respiratory infections such as inflammation bronchial. Studies have shown that regular garlic users are less likely to get colds and flu than non-users.
2.2 Benefits of garlic oil: Relieve toothache and mouth infection
✅ As I mentioned above, Allicin in garlic oil has excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. In addition, thanks to its superior antibacterial properties, it helps prevent the formation of bacterial plaque. Garlic essential oil may help fight oral infections with its antibacterial properties. Therefore, this oil helps reduce swelling of tooth and gum.
2.3 Benefits of garlic oil: Prevent cancer
✅ Garlic has an extremely good ability to prevent cancer. Allicin is one of the most versatile and powerful antioxidants we know of, found in extremely high concentrations in garlic oil. Antioxidants help inhibit the oxidation of cells in the body, preventing the release of free radicals – the main cause of cancer. At the same time, the selenium in garlic also provides the ability to identify and prevent DNA mutations in cancer cells. Therefore, eating garlic helps prevent cancer development, control, and slow down the metastases.
2.4 Benefits of garlic oil: Treatment of metabolic disorders
✅ Many people use garlic oil to treat metabolic syndrome, which forth to is associated with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and obesity. Several studies have shown that allicin can help lower cholesterol levels. In a study published in the U.S. Journal of Nutrition, 46 subjects with high cholesterol were on a low-fat diet and were prescribed a placebo and garlic treatment (9.6 mg supplement). allicin). At the end of the study period, 22 people supplemented with garlic showed a significant reduction in total and LDL (bad) cholesterol levels compared to those who didn’t use it. This significantly reduces the risk of the formation of atherosclerotic plaques in the blood vessels causing cardiovascular complications such as hypertension, stroke, heart attack. However, allicin does not increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels for the body.
2.5 Benefits of garlic oil: Improve the digestive tract
✅ Because of its high antioxidant content and natural stimulation, garlic oil can help improve digestion and stimulate bowel motility, and even reduce the risk of various gastrointestinal problems.
3. Notes when using Garlic oil
When using garlic essential oil to improve health issues, you should keep the following in mind :
- For liquid garlic oil, you must dilute it with water before drinking, not drinking directly in concentrated form, because in concentrated form, it can burn the mucosa of your mouth.
- If you feel uncomfortable when drinking essential oils diluted with water, you can mix with food such as porridge, soup … However, you should avoid giving garlic oil when the food is at a high temperature because of then essential volatile oil.
- Garlic essential oil should not be taken on an empty stomach. It is best to use it during or immediately after a meal.
- Garlic essential oil is not suitable for people who have an eye disease or who are suffering from diarrhea.
- For children under 6 months old, garlic oil is only used to treat when signs of illness such as coughing, sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Garlic Liquid Extract for Cardiovascular and Circulatory Support
✅ Herb Pharm prepare Garlic Extract from the fresh, cured (never dried) bulb of Organic Allium sativum plants. To assure optimal extraction of Garlic’s bioactive compounds, the bulbs are harvested only when fully matured, then extracted while still succulent. The herb is extracted in small batches with Organic cane alcohol for potency and to maintain the balance of phytochemicals as they exist in the plant. The liquid extracts are easily dispensed, taken in liquid form, and added to water or other liquid. Directions: Shake well before using. Take up to 40 drops in 2 oz of water or juice, two to five times per day. Best taken between meals. Safety Information: Seek expert medical advice before taking during nursing.
🎁 NOW Supplements, Garlic Oil 1500 mg
✅ NOW Garlic Oil delivers the natural nutrient profile found in Genuine Whole Foods. NOW’s Garlic Oil is extracted and concentrated from the bulb of Allium sativum. It is equivalent to a whole garlic clove with no added fillers. Garlic abounds with naturally occurring sulfur compounds, amino acids, and trace minerals. Directions: As a dietary supplement, take 3 soft gels daily, preferably with meals.