Fenugreek Seed (Methi seed) is a seed of a highly grown herb, used as food and medicine for more than 4,000 years, is a temperate plant in Europe and North Africa, grown from the Mediterranean to China. The ancient Romans used Methi to help give birth, Indians used to increase lactation, Chinese people used Methi seeds as a tonic, fights against feet, edema of the legs, and easy to digest. Today Fenugreek seeds health benefits are commonly used to treat stomach pain, abdominal pain, rheumatism, laxative, diuretic, menstrual conditions, sexual enhancement … Women use roasted Methi seeds to keep a slim body pretty.
- 1. Ingredients of Fenugreek Seed
- 2. Top 5 Fenugreek seeds health benefits
- 3.Notes when using Fenugreek Seed
1. Ingredients of Fenugreek Seed
✅ In terms of composition and nutritional value, Fenugreek Seeds contain a lot of beneficial minerals. According to average estimates, in each Methi grain, it usually contains 3% fiber, 5.8% unsaturated lipid, 44.3% sugar, 26.2% protein, and 50% carbohydrate range, in addition to 3% The number of minerals like iron, zinc, calcium, phosphorus, … This nutritional value of the ingredients has brought many health benefits to humans.
2. Top 5 Fenugreek seeds health benefits
2.1 Fenugreek seeds health benefits: Good for Diabetes
✅ Fenugreek seed has its great use in supporting the treatment of diabetes. It is a popular ingredient for the main meals of diabetics. Fenugreek seeds contain the amino acid 4-hydroxy-isoleucine, which stimulates insulin secretion, thus helping to control blood sugar, and also has galactomannan which helps slow down the rate of absorption of sugar into the bloodstream. Thus, fenugreek seed is recognized as very useful for diabetics of both types.
2.2 Fenugreek seeds health benefits: Control cholesterol
✅ Fenugreek seeds contain substances that help regulate blood fat in the body. The active ingredient saponin found in Methi seeds helps remove cholesterol from the body. Besides, the other active ingredients in this seed also help reduce the synthesis cholesterol of the liver. Preventing hypertension as well as blood fat, making the body prevent dangerous cardiovascular complications such as heart attack, stroke … Using 1 teaspoon of Methi seeds every day is a way to help treat fatty blood simple but surprisingly effective.
2.3 Fenugreek seeds health benefits: Reduce fever quickly
✅ Besides Fenugreek Seed health benefits, Methi seeds have the effect of reducing fever in cases of colds, toothaches. extremely effective, safe for users. You only need to combine lemon, honey, Methi seed powder, green tea. All mixed together to apply on the forehead. Covered 3 times a day, will cut the high fever dangerous, help patients feel refreshed and much healthier.
2.4 Fenugreek seeds health benefits: Increase breast milk
✅ Breast milk is the best source of nutrition for the comprehensive development of young children. However, today with the use of quite a lot of nutritious foods, side effects of drugs, related diseases that make mothers not enough milk, as well as lack of milk.
Some studies in India show that when to use fenugreek seed for 100 mothers, more than 90% of mothers found that their body changed a lot, increasing lactation to help babies gain weight faster a lot. Methi seeds increase lactation very well for nursing mothers.
✅ The amount of oil in the seeds will stimulate, increase milk production more, help mothers have abundant sources of milk for the baby. This type of seed is very safe, good for women who are raising children so moms can feel secure to use it. In addition to increasing lactation, it also helps mothers have smooth skin, reduce pigmentation, dry skin after birth effectively.
2.5 Fenugreek seeds health benefits: Male hormone enhancer
✅ Fenugreek seeds contain saponins with very high levels of diosgenin, which promotes the production of the hormones testosterone, which is a valuable medicine for male physiology. Research has shown that fenugreek seeds contain saponins with a concentration of about 4.7% of the active ingredient diosgenin. This is an active ingredient involved in the production of hormones – the male sex hormone testosterone. Fenugreek seed does not promote short-term sexual health like conventional testosterone boosters, it is a product that helps to gently raise testosterone levels and increase vitality without causing side effects like products is formulated from other chemicals, extremely safe for all users.
3.Notes when using Fenugreek Seed
3.1 Some notes when using Methi seeds
- When taking fenugreek seed, some people experience nausea, diarrhea, and flatulence.
- Fenugreek seed should not be used during pregnancy because it can easily lead to preterm birth.
- Fenugreek seeds may interact with many other drugs; When taking fenugreek with other hypoglycemic agents can cause blood sugar to drop below normal, very dangerous.
- Dosage may vary depending on the location of each person and should not exceed 50g /day.
3.2 Ways to use Fenugreek Seed
- Add food: You can add fenugreek seed to cakes, sauces, yogurt, or smoothies… or simply sprinkle it on your food as a garnish. The amount of methi just enough when food is added is 15g, if given too much will cause side effects on the digestive system.
- Drinking fenugreek seed with hot water: According to research, using fenugreek to make tea will bring the best effect in the treatment of diabetes. Crush or crush 2.5 grams of fenugreek seeds, then mix with 250ml of boiling water and stir and use. If used regularly, fenugreek seeds can be ground into a powder and stored in glass jars, each time using just 1 teaspoon of powder mixed with hot water.
Recommended for you
🎁 Nature’s Way Fenugreek Seed
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature. Nature’s Way Fenugreek Seed has been used to support lactation in breastfeeding mothers. DIRECTIONS: Take 2 capsules two to three times daily.
🎁 Organic Fenugreek Seeds, 1.5 Pounds
- CERTIFIED ORGANIC: Organic Fenugreek Seeds from Food to Live is a 100% Non-GMO and Kosher product.
- HIGH GERMINATION RATE: Organic Fenugreek Seeds have a very high germination rate so you can sprout it at home at any time.
- PERFECT KITCHEN INGREDIENT: You can add Organic Fenugreek Seed sprouts to vegetables and lentil dishes, sandwiches, pasta, dips, fillings, etc.
- IRON AND COPPER: Organic Fenugreek Seeds are an extremely rich source of Iron, Copper, Manganese, Phosphorus, and other useful elements.
- BRIGHT AROMA: Fenugreek Seeds are an indispensable ingredient in many Indian curries, the spice has a unique aroma to make your dishes taste brighter.
🎁 Buddha Teas Milk Thistle Tea 18 Tea Bags
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags. Milk thistle tea is organic and crafted without additional flavorings or GMOs, and packed in bleach-free tea bags. It is caffeine-free. To steep properly, bring the water temperature up to 205F, add one teabag per cup of hot water, cover the cup, and let steep for 3-6 minutes. Remove tea bag and enjoy!