Eyebright is a wild plant native to Europe. Used long term in herbal medicine, it is often used as a natural remedy for eye problems. Eyebright contains compounds called tannins, which appear to have anti-inflammatory properties. The most important of Eyebright health benefits to treat eye conditions such as conjunctivitis and eye strain. In addition, Eyebright is thought to be a blood enhancer, it has also been used to treat colds, sinus infections, allergies, sore throats, nasal congestion, and hoarseness.
1. The active ingredient in Eyebright
✅ Eyebright contains a number of beneficial plant compounds, including luteolin flavonoids and quercetin, which are antioxidants that help eliminate toxins and free radicals that are harmful to the body. In addition, Luteolin and quercetin inhibit immune cells releasing histamine – a compound that causes allergy symptoms like runny nose and watery eyes. This herb also provides a compound called aucubin, which may protect against oxidative damage and support heart health. In addition, this herb also contains essential oils and vitamins B, C, E.
2. Eyebright health benefits
2.1 Eyebright health benefits: Treatment of eye diseases
✅ Eyebright has long been traditionally used to treat eye problems in humans. Preliminary studies suggest that this herb may help relieve irritated, inflamed eyes, but more research is needed to confirm this. With the antioxidants and vitamins in Eyebright that treat eye diseases including :
- Preventing and reducing eye inflammation: Eyebright is known as a wonderful natural antibiotic for the eyes. It works to prevent and reduce symptoms of blepharitis, conjunctivitis, and pinkeye.
- Anti-eye fatigue: With ingredients rich in vitamins and antioxidants help provide nutrients for the eyes to the maximum and timely response to help prevent dry eyes, fatigue, and eye aches.
- Enhance eye resistance: Eyebright provides nourishment to the eyes to help keep eyes healthy and to increase resistance against harmful agents.
- Preventing aging organs of the visual organs: Eyebright is rich in antioxidant compounds that help fight free radicals, oxidative agents that damage the cells of the visual organs. It works to prevent the aging of the visual organs such as cataracts, macular degeneration.
2.2 Eyebright health benefits: Anti-allergy
✅ According to a study published in 2011, Eyebright contains 50% of tannins that have an astringent effect, reduce mucus secretion, and reduce irritation. Quercetin, a flavonoid found in the eyeball, inhibits the release of histamines. The presence of these plant active ingredients in Eyebright may help relieve allergy symptoms.
2.3 Eyebright health benefits: Other benefits
In addition to the main effect to treat eye diseases. Eyebright with antioxidants and anti-allergies has many other important effects on health :
- Support skin health: The antioxidants in Eyebright have helped prevent the sun’s harmful effects on skin cells by fighting off unstable molecules called free radicals. Wrinkle formation and an increased risk of skin cancer.
- Soothe colds and coughs. Since ancient times, eyebright has been used to treat inflammation caused by colds, coughs, and sinus infections. Although no specific studies have been done, the natural anti-inflammatory properties in Eyebright may have this effect.
- Fight harmful bacteria. Test-tube studies suggest that the plant compounds in Eyebright can inhibit the growth of a number of bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumonia – types of bacteria associated with eye infections.
- Protect the liver: The aucubin active ingredient in Eyebright can protect the liver against damage from free radicals, certain toxins, and viruses.
3. Notes when using Eyebright
- Herbal eyebright is relatively safe to use. However, when using, you may still experience some of the following symptoms: Nausea, headache, insomnia, watery eyes …
- This herb can cause hypoglycemia, so you should be careful when using it with other hypoglycemic drugs.
- Pregnant and lactating women should consult a physician before use.
Recommended for you
🎁 Solgar – Bilberry Ginkgo Eyebright Complex Plus Lutein
✅ Bilberry ginkgo eyebright lutein 60 veg cap this proprietary, antioxidant-rich formula supplies important vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, the vital carotenoid Lutein, and herbal extracts to help improve circulation and decrease free radical damage to bodily tissue, including the eyes and skin. Directions: As a dietary supplement for adults, take 2 vegetable capsules daily, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Safety Information: If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication, or have a medical condition, please consult your healthcare practitioner.
🎁 Nature’s Answer Eyebright Herb
✅ From humble beginnings back in 1972 to their modern state-of-the-art facility, Nature’s Answer has evolved into one of today’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturers of high-quality nutritional products. Their herbal formulas stand the test of time – over four decades of performance. With state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, Nature’s Answer has the facility to analyze the quality and purity of each plant used to produce their products.
✅ Eyebright Extract from Nature’s Answer provides 2000 mg from the Euphrasia Officinalis Herb help to support for Healthy Eyes & Vision. Directions: As a dietary supplement take 1- 2 ml (approx. 28-56 drops) 3 times a day in a small amount of water.
🎁 Organic Eyebright Herb Tea
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags. Directions: Freshwater is essential for brewing a great cup of tea. Use one teabag per cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 3-6 minutes. Savor the taste of Buddha Teas while enjoying the benefits Eyebright Herb Tea provides.