Dong Quai (ginseng female) is an herb native to China, Japan, and Korea. It has long been used in traditional Chinese medicine. Among the parts of Dong Quai, its roots are the most valuable with many health benefits. Dong Quai root is rich in compounds that have anti-inflammatory and immune-stimulating properties, lowering blood pressure. It is also known for its balancing effect on the female hormonal system, so dong Quai is sometimes called “female ginseng”.
1. The active ingredients in Dong Quai
✅ Dong Quai can be used for both men and women. Its active ingredients include ferulic acid, coumarin, various polysaccharides, and over 70 other strong chemical compounds that work well for us. The regularly used part of Dong Quai is the root, Dong Quai root contains many medicinal ingredients such as :
- Essential oils: According to research, Dong Quai oil content accounts for up to 0.26%. This is also a major component determining the effect of Dong Quai.
- Coumarin compound, with blood activity.
- The polysaccharide.
- Vitamins (B vitamins, vitamin E, vitamin A), amino acids, and essential micronutrients such as copper, calcium, zinc, aluminum, magnesium … help strengthen resistance and stabilize blood pressure.
2. Top Dong Quai health benefits
2.1 Dong Quai health benefits: Treatment of anemia
✅ At any age, anemia can have many health effects and dangers. In normal people, if anemia, the ability to transport oxygen of red blood cells is reduced causing oxygen deficiency in organizations, agencies, especially the heart, muscles, brain, causing heart palpitations, dizziness, weak muscles and finally the body quickly tired, reducing the ability to work manual and mental, affecting daily life and activities. Even fainting is very dangerous.
✅ Since ancient times, Traditional Chinese Medicine has found and learned that Dong Quai is effective in curing anemia. This effect is thought to be closely related to the levels of folic acid and vitamin B12 present in Dong Quai. Dong Quai is the first choice for frail people, children, and women to regulate air, clear meridians, nourish the body, treat anemia, and health is raised.
2.2 Dong Quai health benefits: Treatment of dysmenorrhea
✅ Dong Quai increases blood circulation, especially the circulation in the genitals, which helps regulate menstruation. Ligustilide, a component of Dong Quai, is shown to promote nonspecific antispasmodic action, especially for uterine muscle. A 2004 study found that 39% of women who used the strap twice daily reported an improvement in their menstrual pain without the use of pain medications.
2.3 Dong Quai health benefits: Reduce menopausal symptoms
✅ Some people use straps to treat hot flashes. A number of older studies have suggested that Dong Quai combined with other herbs can help relieve hot flashes in women who experience menopause. Dong Quai extract has estrogenic activity (female hormone). So when using will help improve the symptoms caused by hormonal decline caused in women. In 2003, scientist Kupfersztain and colleagues in Petah Tikva, Israel conducted clinical trials for women in menopause. The results show that: Using Dong Quai helps to reduce hot flashes by up to 90-96%. Moreover, this medicine also significantly reduces fatigue, dizziness, and sleep disorders in women.
2.4 Dong Quai health benefits: Other benefits
- Antibacterial effect: Dong Quai extract has the ability to inhibit typhoid bacilli, comma cholera, cold bacilli, dysentery – are bacteria that cause gastrointestinal disorders.
- Dilates coronary arteries to increase blood flow, reduce myocardial oxygen consumption, prevent blood clot formation by reducing platelet aggregation, lowering blood lipids, and reducing arrhythmia. Essential oils have the ability to raise blood pressure, but water-soluble substances can lower blood pressure.
- Immune boosting effect: Dong Quai has the ability to improve the activity of the body’s immune system. This herb increases the phagocytic capacity of macrophages.
- Treatment of osteoarthritis: In a 2014 study, scientists observed that Dong Quai compounds could inhibit the disruption associated with osteoarthritis of cartilage. This is because a polysaccharide from the Dong Quai root appears to reverse the oxidative stress associated with osteoarthritis in human cells.
3. Notes when using Dong Quai
- Dong Quai root extract has a number of side effects including low blood pressure, anorexia, bloating, gastrointestinal spasms, and digestive disorders.
- Dong Quai can prolong bleeding time, so do not use this medicine with all anticoagulants such as aspirin, warfarin … or in cases of surgical preparation, women with menstrual bleeding too much.
- Although Dong Quai is effective in treating anemia – a common condition during pregnancy but due to its anticoagulant properties and increased risk of bleeding, it should not be used by pregnant women.
Recommended for you
🎁 Nature’s Answer Dong Quai Root ( Angelica Sinensis )
✅ From humble beginnings back in 1972 to their modern state-of-the-art facility, Nature’s Answer has evolved into one of today’s largest family-owned and operated manufacturers of high-quality nutritional products. Their herbal formulas stand the test of time – over four decades of performance. With state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, Nature’s Answer has the facility to analyze the quality and purity of each plant used to produce their products. Nature’s Answer Dong Quai Root help to Supports Female Hormone Balance. Directions: As a dietary supplement take 1 – 2 mL (approx. 28 – 56 drops) 3 times a day in a small amount of water. Warning: Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
🎁 Nature’s Answer Dong Quai Root 1000mg | Dietary Supplement | Supports Female Hormone Balance
✅ 1,000 mg of Pure Dong Quai per serving. Directions: simmered together for 10-20 minutes. Two to three cups per day can be taken. Safety Information: Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing. If pregnant, nursing, or on medication, consult with your healthcare practitioner.
🎁 Buddha Teas Dong Quai Tea
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags.
✅ Buddha Teas presents this sumptuous brew of Dong Quai Tea just the way nature intended it. This tea is crafted out of the finest organic ingredients, never adulterated by the use of chemicals, additives, fillers, or flavorings. Every tea is mindfully prepared in bleach-free tea bags to eliminate the risk of chemical contamination, leaving you with a refreshingly natural experience. With beautifully designed eco-friendly boxes, our Dong Quai Tea tea is a worthy addition to any tea collection.