For centuries, dandelion roots have been widely used to treat illnesses. Dandelion root contains vitamins and minerals such as vitamins D, C, and B, iron, silicon, zinc, potassium, etc. which are essential for keeping the human system healthy. Dandelion root’s ability to kill cancer cells, but scientists claim it has the ability to prevent and treat some diseases. In addition, dandelion root has many other health benefits such as good for the digestive system, lowering blood pressure … Besides, countries in Europe also use this herb as a supplement to support the treatment of many kidney, liver, stomach, and diabetes conditions.
1. Top 4 health benefits of dandelion root
1.1 Health benefits of dandelion root: Liver detoxification
✅ The liver has the function of producing bile to help enzymes break down body fat into fatty acids, filter and detoxify the blood. The liver also helps to synthesize and metabolize cholesterol and amino acid, keeping the internal organs working properly. The vitamins and nutrients in dandelions purify the liver and help the liver function properly.
✅ Dandelion root is considered a liver tonic, helps metabolize the fat accumulated in the liver, and enhances liver function, liver detoxification. Thanks to the antioxidants, dandelion roots can eliminate toxins accumulated in the liver, helping to rebalance electrolytes and rehydrate. A study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology in 2010 showed the therapeutic effect of dandelion root on liver dysfunction.
1.2 Health benefits of dandelion root: Support the digestive system
✅ This herb works to increase the secretion of bile secretions. Bile is an important factor in the digestion of food, especially they help to break down and absorb fat-soluble vitamins and oils into the body. Increasing bile production and secretion also helps to reduce the risk of developing gallstones.
✅ Dandelion root also possesses a laxative property, containing inulin and mucus, which in turn helps calm the digestive tract. In addition, the antioxidants of this plant help absorb toxins from food and stimulate the growth of beneficial gut bacteria while inhibiting and preventing harmful gut bacteria. Therefore, regularly drinking fresh dandelion root tea will help you have a healthier digestive system.
1.3 Health benefits of dandelion root: Helps diuretic
This herb is considered to be a natural diuretic, the diuretic effect of dandelion root has many health benefits :
- For people with high blood pressure, dandelion root is known to be a particularly effective diuretic to lower blood pressure to a safe level. In addition, this herb also contains high amounts of potassium to stabilize blood pressure effectively.
- Due to its diuretic properties, dandelion root is good for the urinary system, detoxifying and cleansing the kidneys, stimulating the growth of beneficial bacteria in the urinary system, and inhibiting harmful bacteria thanks to the deactivating properties of dandelion.
- Another great health benefit of dandelion root is that it stimulates the pancreas to produce insulin. Insulin is a hormone secreted by pancreatic islet cells in the pancreas. They metabolize carbohydrates in the body and insulin is also the only agent in the body that can lower blood glucose levels. In addition, this plant is also considered a natural diuretic, helping remove excess sugar from the body and also eliminate the buildup of sugar in the kidneys that most diabetics have right.
1.4 Health benefits of dandelion root: Preventing cancer
✅ One of the most important benefits is that dandelion is effective in preventing cancer, especially pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer. Specifically, the treatment and destruction of cancer cells of dandelion root extract are more effective than chemotherapy, which destroys the immune system, without affecting other cells. It does so by inducing apoptosis – also known as programmed cell death, in some cancer cells. Upon cancer, apoptosis ceases, make the cancer cells to grow uncontrollably.
✅ While there is no official conclusion that dandelion root contains properties that can kill cancer cells, there is no denying the close link between cancer and dandelion roots.
2. Notes when using Dandelion Root
If you are using dandelion root in the form of herbal tea or supplements, you should note the following:
- Dandelion root is generally considered safe when used in moderation. Some people may experience side effects, including heartburn, diarrhea, and stomach aches.
- If you are allergic to chrysanthemum or plants in the Asteraceae (such as sunflowers and marigolds), you should avoid dandelion root as it can cause rashes, watery eyes, and other symptoms.
- Pregnant women, nursing women, and children are advised to avoid using dandelion root due to the lack of research on their long-term safety.
Recommended for you
🎁 Nature’s Way Dandelion Root
✅ Nature’s Way is the preeminent brand of quality dietary supplements with over 1,000 product offerings. They have been at the forefront of the herbal health industry. An early leader in educating consumers and retailers on the effectiveness and safety of herbal supplements, they have always supported legislative efforts that help protect health freedoms, and are constantly striving to promote better health through the power of nature. Nature’s Way Dandelion Root provides 525 mg of Dandelion Root per capsule, used to stimulate appetite and to increase bile flow. DIRECTIONS: Adults take 3 capsules once daily.
🎁 Herb Pharm Certified Organic Dandelion Liquid Extract
Herb Pharm Dandelion Extract prepared from the certified organic fresh root, leaf, and flower of Taraxacum officinale plants grown on Herb Pharm’s own southern Oregon farms. This liquid herbal extract to support the body’s cleansing and detoxification process. Directions: Shake well before using. Two to four times per day take 30 to 40 drops in a little water.
🎁 Organic Dandelion Root Tea
✅ Buddha Teas is the leading organic tea company for single herb teas. All teas are certified organic and they only use bleach-free tea bags.
✅ You’ll be glad to know that unlike some super beneficial teas that may be somewhat off-putting taste-wise, this one isn’t. Smooth, subtle, with just a hint of the bitter to let you know it’s working, adding a touch of honey may be a welcome addition for those who go for the sweet. Dandelion leaves and dandelion root are well known to assist with sweeping the liver clean, and Dandelion root Tea is becoming a popular digestive aid. It can also assist with an increasing appetite as well as increasing the functionality of the gall bladder and liver. To enjoy a delicious cup of Buddha Teas Dandelion Root Tea, use 1 bleach-free teabag per cup of water heated to about 205°. Cover and steep for 3-6 minutes. Remove tea bag and enjoy!