Cordyceps is recognized as a treasure with many miraculous effects, improving health, strengthening the body, and preventing a number of diseases. However, many people still do not know what it is and what are the uses of this precious medicine? In the following article, I would like to share with you information about Cordyceps benefits.
1. What is Cordyceps?
✅ Cordyceps is the result of the symbiosis between the larvae of the genus Hepialus and a pocket fungus called Cordyceps Sinensis. Usually, the worm larvae after a period of rearing will become butterflies. However, some larvae when infected with Cordyceps Sinensis will not grow into butterflies but will become cordyceps. These insects may have ingested fungal spores or they have the parasitic fungal disease. Specifically: In the winter, the fungus begins to parasitize the nutrients and kill the larvae. Until the hyphae thrive, they infect the host tissue, making full use of the deep body nutrients. At a certain stage, usually in the warm summer, the fungus begins to grow out of the depths like a blade of grass and rise out of the ground to develop into a plant (plant-like shape) and spread spores. Thus, it can be seen that the source of cordyceps is a parasitic fungus in caterpillars.
✅ Cordyceps is mainly found in the summer in the high mountains of more than 4,000m in the Plateau Plateau (Qinghai – Tibet) and Sichuan (China). However, many species of Ophiocordyceps and Cordyceps mushrooms have been grown on an industrial scale elsewhere to refine medicinal substrates.
2. Active ingredients of Cordyceps
✅ Cordyceps is considered a very precious herb, has long been used to improve overall health. Today, when science develops many important components in cordyceps have been shown to have many health benefits, namely :
- 17 kinds of rare amino acids that metabolize and synthesize protein for the body.
- A large amount of lipids is one of the important components of the body.
- Microelements such as K and Na are involved in the metabolism, activation, and co-enzyme catalyst activity.
- D-mannitol helps to treat and prevent cerebral edema and diseases of the excretory system.
- Useful vitamins like vitamins C, A, E, K, B12 …
- In addition, according to the latest research, the biomass of cordyceps also contains other bioactive substances such as cordycepin, hydroxyethyl-adenosine and cordiceptic acid, which help the body to be antibacterial and resistant to pathogenic viruses.
3. Cordyceps benefits
3.1 Cordyceps benefits : Improve resistance
✅ The immune system is responsible for protecting the body against bacterial and viral infections. Cordyceps is used to enhance immune activities, especially in the elderly when the immune system starts to reverse, regulate lymphocyte responses, support the destruction of viruses and bacteria that cause sickness. Cordyceps stimulates the immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells – helping our bodies fight off various infections when patients lack immunity, such as cancer patients, inflammation Hepatitis B, HIV…
✅ For cases such as leukemia (lymphoma) or diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis (increased immunity) when using cordyceps, the number, and effect of leukocytes in the blood decreases and the number of red blood cells increases. This process is due to the mechanisms in the different phases that produce blood. Blood cells are produced in the bone marrow. They come out of the bone marrow first in an immature form and then invade other organs in the mature form with different types of red blood cells, such as red blood cells and T cells. Cordyceps effects different mechanisms for the production of red blood cells, white blood cells, and T cells. Here it is directly related to the transformation of immature blood cells into the mature form.
3.2 Cordyceps benefits : Anti-fatigue
✅ Thanks to the effect of adenosine, Cordyceps helps replenish energy for the body, increasing blood oxygen. At the same time, combined with vitamins: A, B1, B2, B12, C, D, E, K … with trace elements: Ca, Fe, Zn, Mn, Cu, will help you get rid of fatigue. At the same time, the active ingredient Cordycepin in the product helps sleep naturally and this is considered an ideal solution for the elderly and those who have difficulty sleeping, not sleeping well.
3.3 Impact on the circulatory system
✅ In cordyceps, nutrients have the ability to reduce blood cholesterol, regulate hormones in the body, enhance blood circulation to keep correcting the heart rhythm disorder, stabilize blood pressure, lower blood pressure, helps prevent complications like a heart attack or stroke. Here are the specific effects of Cordyceps on the cardiovascular system:
- Reducing blood pressure: Cordyceps can be used as a vasodilator, stabilizing blood pressure. Cordyceps not only help patients improve high blood pressure but also helps nourish organs to help the body to be healthier and prevent complications of high blood pressure such as Heart failure, stroke, heart attack …
- Controlling stroke complications, heart attack: Active ingredients of cordyceps such as adenosine, deoxyadenosine, nucleotides, and nucleosides of the adenosine groups have positive effects on coronary circulation and brain. They increase coronary blood flow to the heart (reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and acute myocardial infarction), brain vessels (improve memory, cognitive ability, and reduce the risk of anemia-induced stroke localized) and in peripheral vessels (treatment of atherosclerosis and diabetes complications). In addition, Cordyceps extract surpasses even modern antiplatelet agents, which are considered as promising as conventional medicines for the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
3.4 Cordyceps benefits : Effects in beauty
✅ Experimental scientific results show that currently, in 7 active ingredients with anti-degradation and aging effects recognized by medical circles in the world, Cordyceps contains up to 5 large types, specifically can be: Polysaccharide (Polysaccharose), amino acid, polypeptide (protein), nucleic acid and vitamins (in addition to two types: Glycosides and Flavonoids). It is these ingredients that help increase blood circulation in the epidermis, dilates blood vessels … helps to beautify the skin, reduce aging makes women retain their youthful appearance while minimizing wrinkles on the face.
✅ Polysaccharide in cordyceps is an active substance that promotes lymphocyte conversion, increases the body’s immunity and endurance to inhibit tumors. In cordyceps, selenium is a rare substance in the elemental form with antioxidant function and fights free radicals by giving electronic to neutralize. Because free radicals are factors that damage cell membranes, DNA and are the cause of cancer.
4. Recommended for you :
🎁 NOW Supplements, Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis)750 mg, Healthy Immune Support
✅ Since 1968 NOW has been a leader in the natural products industry. Even when healthy foods and natural supplements weren’t mainstream, we’ve never wavered from our mission – to provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
✅ Cordyceps Sinensis is a fungus that has been used by traditional Chinese herbalists for its energizing and adaptogenic properties for centuries. Cordyceps has numerous bioactive compounds, including polysaccharides and nucleosides, which have been studied for their broad range of biological activities. Modern scientific studies have shown that cordyceps constituents possess free radical scavenging properties and suggest that they may also support a healthy immune system and promote normal vascular function. Directions: Take 2 capsules 2 to 3 times daily. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
🎁 Om Organic Mushroom Superfood Powder, Cordyceps, 7.05 Ounce (100 Servings), Energy and Endurance Support Supplement
✅ OM is the leading producer of the highest quality certified organic functional mushroom powders that contribute to optimal health.
✅ Originally discovered by Tibetan herdsman at high altitudes, Cordyceps optimizes oxygen uptake and delivery to increase vitality and endurance. Awaken energy, improve cardio, and ignite your inner strength. 1 jar (200g) of Om Mushroom Cordyceps Superfood Powder. Directions: Follow usage directions on the label.